Eternal Lands Official Forums
LevinMage

Invasion in VOTD... it begins

An invasion happened just before 5AM east US time in VOTD. Many new players died, and some had their db's taken. OhMyGod came to the rescue slaying most of the evil cyclops and saving the few remaining players who didnt die. Its time to really get this project up and going before more newbies have to suffer!

Edited by LevinMage

gee did you get all 10 OMG? bet invasion got about as far as spot where cycs spawned..maybe it would be cheaper to pay a noob per 4 hour shift to hang out and yell

Edited by beanmaster

Nice job omg!!!!:) i think that really could finish the project asap...maybe if we will finish other projects will come too, and those will get some other great global benefts:))

Guest ohmygod

..maybe it would be cheaper to pay a noob per 4 hour shift to hang out and yell

oooh pick me... pick me.

The problem is, if you pick a REAL noob, the Bobs will eat him and he won't notice any Cyclops coming through. :)

-Blee

No monsters in the sub mine ;o

No, but you need to get him through the gold mine or the orc temple to get him there. And the sub mine is a very big place too. You'd need more then 1 n00b. :P

-Blee

Guest ohmygod

What were players saying?

I read a GM saying that a cyc invasion was happening in VOTD.

When i got to VOTD it was pretty quiet with several Cycs roaming around and not many people (there was one Moderator there doing "research" and a few newbies looking for DBs). Looked like the red rose/snap harvesters and wolf spawn trainers copped the worst of it as i saw a few dbs laying about.

I noticed that Blodoks the "Giant Summoner/Luciferx Slayer" and another person died pretty quick, lool.

Think by the time the message had gotten out that there was an invasion, it was finished, and the late comers seemed a bit dissapointed. Took 3 minutes and last stage of invasion was finished off.

I felt that this was pretty tame as invasions go, and it was sort of like a training session for me.

If the cycs had spawned in larger numbers and attacked the "defenders" from all sides rather than one at a time like they did it might have been trouble us. (Doh! non-multi map)

All in all pretty good fun. :rolleyes:

Last night there was one in VotD as well, just when a 'normal' invasion in Irilion was planned, people started to mention mountain chims in VotD.

I have no clue about number of casualties, but they got quite far - when I got there I could kill almost (:D) 2 near docks. Quite brutal imo, chims roaming all VotD :rolleyes:

What makes me a little bit surprised is, that nobody reports about invasion creatures in the gold mine. What happened to all the gold ore miners and ppl who train on goblins there?

Piper

What makes me a little bit surprised is, that nobody reports about invasion creatures in the gold mine. What happened to all the gold ore miners and ppl who train on goblins there?

Piper

Probably didn't tell anyone hoping they could go back for their bags...

Actually someone did shout out that there were Mountain Chims in the gold mine on one of the channels before they made it out into VOTD. (I think it was C6 but at work so don't have chat log)

Problem was it was just as Ace mentioned the C2 invasion so most people were either A - waiting for that to start or B - thinking it was some newbie spamming about the upcoming invasion. By time a few fighters made it there who were prepared to beam back (bearing in mind maybe 100-120 players in Melinis for the Luicfer v The-Antiroot contest) the Chims were causing havoc in VOTD.

Piper

i think more ppl are starting to mine gold in MM atm for more saftey (e.g no sudden chims on you :) )

You got choices enough to who can guard. Either you pick someone who is ignored by goblins, who goes scouting unarmed.

Or you choose someone who can take a Fluffy easy to catch the first monsters while the others prepare themselves/go run for their lives.

-Blee

So did they get all the way to VOTD? Cool!

What were players saying?

the hubby was in votd right after i walked thru (just before the inv, HAHA) and he was saying...'WTF someone summoned a chim in votd!' followed closely by 'AHHHH its an invasion' immediately followed by 'IM DEAD IM DEAD!'

heheh, the goober!