Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jinxx

Threads, Manufactured Vs. Drops

I did a search on this, and didn't locate anything, but a search for "thread" gave me a zillion hits =]

Now that thread is manufactureable, from cotton, I had a thought. The spiders also drop thread, at a much reduced rate now that thread is manufactureable, but, spider thread is not cotton, it's a very unique material. Perhaps, some of the rarer items, armors etc, could require spider thread, instead of cotton thread to be manufactured. Would help with items flooding in, as well as get rid of those creepy spiders infesting EL. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

spider web is harvestable i guess.... so its not that unique the spiders drops!

Edited by Tico

methinks its a wonderful idea. it'll really change the market and also bring a lot of spider hunters into some money.

yep, and no idea why, but silk would be perfect to manu some (new ?) cloaks.

just not to flood the market with already existing ones... or the ones that the npc sells in white stone city. ^^

Yeah dudes. Silk drops from spiders would be sweeet.

And then later we should get some new monsters called Giant Spiders (60a/a) that could drop 0-10 silk so we can manufacture some decent clothes like a black and white striped top.

I was thinking that since the new tailoring skill has been added, silk clothing could be added to it. Change the thread that spiders drop to silk thread just for tailoring silk cloth. Could be differant styles of clothing in silk, maybe even shiny.

it was hard to decide where to post this, even with searching

Edited by draavell

I think spider silk should be the name of the drop from spiders, and they should only drop 1 at a time, to keep the spirit of tailoring being very difficult, time consuming and in high demand.

Also, you should need like 25 to make a patch of silk, and many patches of silk to make an item.

Edited by nicky

Nice idea. Silk itself can't be harvested unlike cotton for thread. So spider silk for advanced tailoring would be a nice addition. AFAIK spiderweb is 3x more durable than steel, so silk clothing should also be more durable than cotton one.

The idea is not bad, but that would mean adding another 15 items to the game (and there is only so much storage). Besides, killing spiders is easier than harvesting cotton and making thread (more food, more time).