Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Recycling plant

And new players will never contribute since they don't have the skills to do it now, and in the time they are able to help the recycling plant is already there and so they will be excluded forever... So this will never work.

Great idea (seems that we are shifting more into a high-tech fantasy this time).

Two questions from me: :P

How much time will it take to get the recycled bars? And who will be able to buy them from the plant?

How much time will it take to get the recycled bars? And who will be able to buy them from the plant?

If I interpret the idea in a good way you just get a certain amount of money from the npc for the item. The recycled bars are just a little story behind it (the npc pays you for your broken stuff and he gets new bars from it). But maybe it's a good idea to be able to buy bars from the npc and he should only sell the amount of stuff he gets from broken armor. But I guess that's again some work...

And new players will never contribute since they don't have the skills to do it now, and in the time they are able to help the recycling plant is already there and so they will be excluded forever... So this will never work.

A good way to try and get some of the new players to help out is to give them an incentive to help.

I've been toying with this idea in my head for the past day as it relates to the GAIWS that we are working on getting up and running. I can make the iron and steel bars needed for others to make s2e swords used to harvest Hydro ore. Sure I can harvest all my own ore, coal, sulfer, red snap dragons and red roses to make the bars, but that's not a good use of my time. Sure I would get harvesting and alch experience, but to newer players, this experience would help them gain valuable levels.

Perhaps we should gather up a few new players that really want to help and have them do the harvesting and FE's making. When they turn in the finished goods, give them a bounty that is valuable to them. I know I have a few sets of augmented armor that I've made and some dropped weapons that newbies would like to have. This way they get the experience and some new equipment that they'll appreciate.

Just food for thought.

But maybe it's a good idea to be able to buy bars from the npc and he should only sell the amount of stuff he gets from broken armor. But I guess that's again some work...

Reading is soooo important...

Similarly, the recycling plant will sell some hydrogenium, iron, gold, silver and wolfram bars, but only as much as it recovered from the broken items. And the recovered quantity will not be 100% but more likely 60% or so

Piper

But maybe it's a good idea to be able to buy bars from the npc and he should only sell the amount of stuff he gets from broken armor. But I guess that's again some work...

Reading is soooo important...

Similarly, the recycling plant will sell some hydrogenium, iron, gold, silver and wolfram bars, but only as much as it recovered from the broken items. And the recovered quantity will not be 100% but more likely 60% or so

Piper

Oh ok well I just shut'p :P

One point to note, that it is only REcycling when the goods sold follow market value to a certain degree, so will these prizes be adjusted when market calls for it?

Secondly, if there's one lesson to be learned from GIWS is that a low ammount of different items in huge quantities, isn't appealing to all. Personally I don't like running stuff to storage, and the 'materials' used to build this warning system, don't really make sense.

So, rather then bash that, let's build on that notion for the recycling plant. To build a factory, you need (simplistically):

- a foundation and walls

- glass/windows

- machinery

- a small ammount special material for isolation, complex machinery etc

And for each building stage:

- medical resources for wounded workes :P

- wages for workers

Each building stage requires it's own materials, once those materials are met, draia cheers and the next phase is started. I'm not gonna name quantities - that's arbitrary, but this could be an example:

- gypsum, earth essence and water essence (cement :P) +wood logs for walls

- quartz, titanium bars and wood logs for windows and contemination shields

- steel and iron bars, fe and coal + copper (if it's in yet) for machinery

- wolfram ore and hydro bars for the finishing touch

Wages should be apparent and medical supplies could be BRs :)

You'd still have a huge project, but much less dragging and more of the community can contribute.

[edit][Assasin1 @ 24]: Haha you spelled wounded wrong. =P[/edit]

Edited by RallosZek

Well, consider this when you do your figuring.

While workers do need wages, that will be from the profit that the recycling center makes. They recover 60% of the ingreds from items.

Shops always sell for more than you will get on the market channel and buy goods for less than the market channel would pay.

This would be why a ti plate which is obviously more than 27K gc would only get you about 10K. That is at least an 8K profit for the plant, most likely. That is alot of money to pay workers, buy medical supplies, etc.

Since when do the companies supply free food for the workers? Cheap food, maybe, but never free.

Edited by nathanstenzel

lol, why are you brining back bunch of threads trying to be pr0 poster or something?

the recycling center will be added to the game b4 too long anyway, and then this topic would come back to life aswell. so i dont see a problem with someone posting on it, mainly b/c it isnt past and done

This recycling plant, on the other hand, will also be buildable by the players, just like the global warning system. It will be more expensive though, but will not require a maintanance fee.

However, it will NOT be implemented before the global warning system is finished.

GIWS is finished... :)

is this GREAT idea being developed?

Edited by temospena

First, this thread is three months old, second that isn't very many weapons, third iron and wood hammers can't be made, hence no ingredients=not recycleable. This Idea may still be in the works, and maybe not, but no point in bringing it up again just to post that.