Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lennywatson

Xeph, newb/noob bjumper

If you don't feel like reading thru all this, Xeph admits to bagjumping. Just an iron sword, but noobs start out as newbs too.

[13:07:33] [Xeph @ 1]: does a leather set include an iron sword?

[13:08:23] [lennywatson @ 1]: if you're talking about the NPC reward, yes, there is a sword

[13:08:50] [Andrej_1 @ 1]: but if someone is selling a leather set there is no sword included

[13:08:57] [lennywatson @ 1]: *tutorial reward.

[13:08:58] [Xeph @ 1]: oh ok

[13:09:09] [Xeph @ 1]: quest isn't working for me

[13:09:15] [Andrej_1 @ 1]: only a helm, torso, pants, boots and gloves

[13:09:21] Spell failed!

[13:09:33] [PM to Xeph: whats the trouble?]

[13:10:01] [PM from Xeph: i go into the tavern, and the use icon doesn't result in a message indicating that i have done what i needed to do ]

[13:10:35] [Xeph @ 1]: no problem i just found someone elses iron sword

[13:10:40] [PM to Xeph: yeah, i had the same problem :P right click until you see the pointing finger icon ("use") then click the bar]

[13:11:00] [PM from Xeph: ok ill try one more time]

[13:11:20] [PM to Xeph: if you "found" someone's sword, they might want it back...]

[13:11:29] You recovered 83 material points

[13:11:35] [PM from Xeph: oh well]

[13:12:12] [PM to Xeph: so you're not going to try to return it?]

[13:12:18] [PM from Xeph: no]

[13:14:09] [PM from Xeph: quest still doesn't work]

[13:14:37] [PM to Xeph: yeah, see, the thing is, i'm not interested in helping bag-jumpers]

[13:14:43] You are too far away! Get closer!

[13:15:22] [PM from Xeph: lol, the guy isn't online anymore]

[13:15:23] Spell failed!

[13:15:25] Spell failed!

[13:15:28] You recovered 94 material points

[13:15:39] [PM to Xeph: you know whose it was?]

[13:15:47] You entered the Nordcarn storage

[13:15:48] [PM from Xeph: ya it was balloch]

13:16:35] [PM to Xeph: so you're not going to give it back?]

[13:17:03] [PM from Xeph: he isn't responding]

[13:17:14] [PM to Xeph: thats not what i asked]

[13:17:30] [PM to Balloch: you missing a sword?]

[13:17:32] [PM from Xeph: if he doesn't want it, im keeping it]

[13:18:35] [PM from Balloch: yes. thanks]

[13:18:46] [PM to Balloch: has xeph contacted you?]

[13:19:02] [PM from Balloch: now that i noticed it, yes.]

[13:19:46] [PM from Balloch: xeph has my sword?]

[13:20:02] [PM to Balloch: so he said to me]

[13:20:28] [PM from Balloch: he said i couldn't have it back]

[13:21:14] [PM to Xeph: are you familiar with the forums?]

[13:21:21] [PM from Xeph: yes]

[13:21:54] [PM from Xeph: you are going to say on the forums that the quest doens't work? thanks]

[13:21:54] [PM to Xeph: good. If you don't return balloch's sword, I'm going to post our conversation in the outlaws forum, and make your life somewhat more difficult.]

[13:22:16] [PM to Xeph: is it really worth an iron sword?]

[13:22:16] [PM from Xeph: oh crap, what am i going to do? NOT THE FORUMS!]

[13:22:35] [PM to Xeph: ok. just giving you fair warning.]

[13:22:42] You recovered 89 material points

[13:22:47] [PM from Xeph: thanks for the heads up, ill be sure to read it]

i dont think the post has anything to do with the value, if someone will take a bag of flowers and not return it with how cheap those r what makes anyone think that that person would return a DB with a valuable item in it, like iron plate.

Yea but still, you can't judge newbies too fast. I used to grab some stuff I found when I was newb too. I never bothered returning it, just happy I found something. Its a bit silly to abuse him at this early stage. Later, when I joined a guild I turned into a good boy also and started returning DBs and stuff. :P

-Blee

hes been told that it was going to ruin his rep basically and he doesnt care, he said hed make sure to read it, personally someone that new (doing tut NPC quest) knowing about the forums makes me think hes an alt, also y he wouldnt care. he obviously knew that it was fround upon to keep the bag and doesnt care. meaning no matter how new he is, he IS a bag jumper. he may change this in the furture but i doubt it.

note: the alt thing is just a suspition, i have no proof.

I'm still confused about the *exact* definition of bag jumping. What is it ?

That would be when you jump on a bag :P

More seriously, it's when you take a bag that's not yours...especially when it's with malicious intent.

Edited by EaglePrince

hes been told that it was going to ruin his rep basically and he doesnt care, he said hed make sure to read it, personally someone that new (doing tut NPC quest) knowing about the forums makes me think hes an alt, also y he wouldnt care. he obviously knew that it was fround upon to keep the bag and doesnt care. meaning no matter how new he is, he IS a bag jumper. he may change this in the furture but i doubt it.

The professional bagjumpers know how to finish the tutorial quest, probably don't bother to do it.

I'm still confused about the *exact* definition of bag jumping. What is it ?

When you take bag somebody has been working on it and has moved by misclick or lagging out, when you take bag while somebody else are bagtrading or when somebody is fighting with more than one monsters/players and therefore can't step on bag when one of them dies.

Not anything else :P

The professional bagjumpers know how to finish the tutorial quest, probably don't bother to do it.

also makes me think alt, most newbies at least finish the tut quest b4 they find out about forums

ffs, i don't think anyone in this game can honestly say they didn't not take whatever they could find on the ground within their first hour or so of playing...

ffs, i don't think anyone in this game can honestly say they didn't not take whatever they could find on the ground within their first hour or so of playing...

i took whatever i found on the ground my first day, until i found out that it was a person that had died and droped things. but, if u read my posts that i quoted below

he PMed me today, he is an alt. :P, see i know what im talking about.

he is an alt, he told me, he also said that on his other character he returns DB's, on xeph he takes them. he knows what hes doing dont dismiss it as a newbie that doesnt know better.

fyrrfly an iron sword is worth a fortune if one's a/d 10/10... it's worth such a dream. plus it's also very valuable to lennywatson for him to be posting it here.

lol? totally agree with atlantis.......ya.....just a iron sword -_-

I don't think people new to the game really understand what a db is, nor that it's considered bad and evil to jump one. They need a while to catch on. That's why this post is a bit in the wrong place. If he's 20/20 and still hasn't learnt, then it'd be worthwhile.

I don't think people new to the game really understand what a db is, nor that it's considered bad and evil to jump one. They need a while to catch on. That's why this post is a bit in the wrong place. If he's 20/20 and still hasn't learnt, then it'd be worthwhile.

Scroll up :)