Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arkargh

How to deal with BRIDGE blocking!

Would this be a good idea to try?  

1. 1. Would this be a good idea to try?

• yes
    • no

First its called vote off . vote off mean instead of calling for help and blowing up the #help_me command with some one blocking the bridge or some one is useing a auto clicker on harvesting what you do is vote them off witch means you have to have 7 votes for that char to be kicked off the game i know this works because im a moduator for anuther game before it went to ingame chat we had that in our chat room that was linked to the game .. what i am saying is whe nthe votes come in the char is kicked for 45 min cant log in with that char ... i say it is a good idea. what do you all think it will stop people from blocking the bridge and cheating on the game because of the vote and 45 min no log in with that char .. witch makes people think before thay do a action for example * do i wonna do this ?? no because i wont be able to log in with this char im lvling or playing for 45 min and thats 45min i cant lvl ..and that is slowing my lvling down * it is a punshment and also it 24"7 were there dont have to be a mod on or nh on to kick that person all you need is a vote! and if that person gets two many kicks for doing that same thing there char gets eraced ...more of my turn the reaper come and gets them and you can only use that command every 30 sec only for those reasons only

Edit by Roja: Sorry I had to get rid of those italics, they were killing my eyes, coudln't read it :)

So a Clan of 7 or more people could vote everyone guarding Heretik in KF off, so then they can get to him?

Or seven people decide that VOTD is to crowded and vote everyone else out?

The potential for abuse is high :)

yes it would be high

but it also will be good to have and also just put a block on it as we did for only the problems that has been occurring and if any one abuse the voteing system thay get kicked as well like set it like the help me command were only the nh's and mods can see whats going on and can take care of the problem and when wars or events take place turn it off...

and when the nh's or mods are not on late at night set it to were only the voteing systems work on those problems..

yeah I think something where you just kick the player a few tiles in the surrounding area is the best option. We could give that to NH's.

or maybe just have entropy mark out areas that you can be stationary in for more then say a min. if you are you are then moved to a preset location...

that way you cant stop on a bridge, walkway or similar narrow spot...

Roja means like a command where someone says someone is blocking the bridge and until a mod can get on to beam him they can ask a newb helper to beam him past the blocker (oooo NH would have fun with that) :twisted: j/k but ya I like Roja's idea (finally a beam command)

what i mean about the vote kick thing is a command not a power like #vote_kick_bridge <name> thats what we had and it worked great .. and any one can use it if thay abuse it thay get kicked just something else to build around... im thinking and thinking .. also trying to become a NH my self and i hurd stuff like this is verry helpfull.. the example of the #vote_kick_bridge<name of char> is lets see if some one is blocking the bridge just type in that command and 7 vots hit that person is cicked also it worns them to move or there going to be booted from the game for 45 min or just take there privelige for gaining xp on any thing but that 45 min being kicked stoped alot of conflict in the game and less stress on the nhs and mod and ent and roja so no one has to always come in and kick them. the command does..and if its a 1 on 1 deal it goes the same way but a nh or mod come on and makes the decision.. on if that person gets kicked or not it dont matter if its one person or 1million people 7 votes and that person is kicked off that bridge..

So a Clan of 7 or more people could vote everyone guarding Heretik in KF off, so then they can get to him?

Or seven people decide that VOTD is to crowded and vote everyone else out?

The potential for abuse is high :D

lmao

but theres are much more easier way to deal with blockers.

make a command like

#blocking <name>

that lets the server check if the player blocks, by trying to find a path from the player sending the command, to a tile behind the player in <name>.

if the player is blocking teleport him into jail for some time. :D

this idea is alright but needs some fixs. only entropy and other like roja should be albe to erase a character. and it would be wrong for a bunch of 7 to go around kicking off newbs. the best way is the teleports a few spaces forward like maybe two just enough where it could get you past them but not be faster then walking, because next thing you know people are teleport a few spaces ahead just to get somewhere faster.

I meant teleport you, not the blocker. Basically a very short range teleport to range spell, just enough to get past the blocker.

We have that already....check the magic page.

yes, but roja you need to be carrying the essences, and be a high enough level and have enough ethereal points. i think what was suggested was a teleport to range spell that uses nothing, but you have to:

1. type so it takes time

2. doesnt have any requirements

3. teleport not anywhere on screen but within a very limited space around you so it cannot be faster than walking

though you may then be able to use it to get through mazes and stuff... hrmmm. well - i got nothing on the mazes. but i like the idea

The integration of an ingame tele to range is pointless. and stupid. if that was integrated then why even bother having a spell for it? we just need say, a time limit you can be on a bridge. If you stay on longer than 3 minutes, you are killed(similar to #suicide).

ARGH what Roja means is a command for NH only like say hmmmm ok I am just going to pick random characters Roja is blocking the bridge and MoonShadow is trying to come through say MoonShadow complains to me then I can type something like #tpahead and MoonShadow will beam like 3 spaces ahead now if its like a team of people (like 5 in a row) if it detected someone there it could just go to the next tile until it reaches an empty tile :)

umm does any liek my idea to have a comand where u send spammers blockers exctra to a room that only mods can go in and there would be a comand to send them to this "void" lets call it it can be all black so there nothing interesting or w/r but anway.. ud use the comand send um to the room the mods could talk to them maby if there acused wrongly they can get another chance or sumthing kinda like a ban but not exactly and then u can talk to a mod there or w/e (also in this room you canot talk in channels or whisper)

I really dont like the idea people keep coming up with for another way to punish these bridge blockers. The solution is to find a way to prevent them from being able to do it, not to screw over noobs who probably dont know any better

killing them may be a bit over the top rebootedrock but other then that i agree. maybe the code should just boot them or teleport them to the newbie helper :cry:

Roja, who carries the stuff to use that spell? i am saying it is a command that it is free to use, gives no exp,and only teleports you enough to get past the blocker, not enough for any practical use beyond the aforementioned.

I think the point was it doesnt do the same thing. tele to range is really good for man hunts and catching people by suprise in pks. this command wouldnt let you move far enough to use it for these things. i think its a decent idea, if you can stop people from using it to get through mazes (thats the only thing i can think of that a teleport of 2 or 3 spaces could be used as an advantage for)

bingo, so why not instead have the server automaticly remove any person that park theyre ass in a defined area for to long? that way it cant be abused no matter what...

Simple, because its harder to program. Everyone is always saying to let ent concentrate on whats important... seeing as teleports already built into the game it should be easier to do

bingo, so why not instead have the server automaticly remove any person that park theyre ass in a defined area for to long? that way it cant be abused no matter what...

OOOO but this is very bad ESPECIALLY FOR ME I mean magic people can park their asses in front of Grim for the longest time if they have enough spirit rests and health essences if you did that then you would boot an afk person you would boot magic people in front of a storage casting restoration you would boot A LOT of people