Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

A fan art gallery

I was thinking that it'd be cool to have a fan art gallery. Where players can submit any art having to do with Eternal Lands that have made. The art can't be totally crappy or look like a little kid did it, but it won't judged harshly either to get in.

It'd be a section of the main website.

And no, this does not included "modded" artwork, like if you change the textures in the game or something. This includes drawings, paintings, digital drawing/paintings, montages, wallpapers even. The typical stuff you see in a fan art gallery.

Would you guys like this?

If so, and if you have drawn/painted anything, please post here and if I get enough interest I'll make this happen.

Sounds like a good idea, I know there are a couple nice pictures on the IRON forum, made by Tungstons daughter about the IRON guild. Its really funny to read.

Why don't you ask them for it? :) Or nvm that, I'll contact someone right now to post the links here. :P

-Blee

sounds great i'm sure alot of ppl that play have some random ideas that the fluffys are ebul

might get some nice pics from it maybe even some backgrounds :P

Does anyone know if he's still around to give permission to put them up?

i seen his char the other day maybe leave him a message on gossip?

Hmm, really nice idea Roja. Think I might submit a few things that I will do on Photoshop. :P

#edit - One question, could we use some of the textures in EL folder, on our images? I'm asking incase you say no, then I wont. :)

Edited by Liquid

yes you can do that :D

Ok thanks :)

So I'm guessing, you'd like things like the EL start up screen, for wall papers? Sort of things. :D

one question, would this include things that aren't so EL-centric, like heraldry that a guild would like to use? it's not like anything ingame, but still EL-oriented

Great idea, and nice work ! I was about to ask whether my photos would fit ... but I'm not sure now. Their only relationship with EL is the fact that EL inspired me to take/mod them.

An example would be :

Sildegaar_back_468x125.jpg

Let me know !

Fan art should really be your own art. Things you have drawn made yourself. The idea "Fan art" is to present art that is related to the product (in this case EL), but not made by the official artists.

Examples:

How would you paint KF on a busy day?

What would your painting look like if you were to capture Tankel failing to repair that serp sword?

Signatures would not really qualify in my book, but maybe we could make a special signature section somewhere.

That would, however, be up to Roja of course.

Photo manipulations that have direct references to EL, like an EL player can see that photo and say "hey that's ____ in EL!", then it's ok.

But the picture shown above really doesn't have anything that is "EL" in it, so it wouldn't qualify.

ttlanhil, I'd say yes to that only if it's accompanied by other things that people can relate to.

Here's one I done today. I was bored :rolleyes:

It came out pretty good so I decided to post it :blink:

I might color it in with Photoshop, but not sure yet.

Well, hope you all like it! ^^

fanartdraegoni01yr7.png

I haven't resized it or anything, if it needs resizing that's cool with me.

I can also take the writing on the bottom off if need be.

- Sistema.

Okay, colored it in! :P

fanartdraegoni01sq4.png

Turned out great in my opinion.

Also, I drew a dragon at school (instead of doing my work, teehee ^^) about two months ago which I colored also ;)

EDIT: I drew this one on the back of my notebook, you can see the lines on it, ROFL!

fanartdragon01ql0.png

Cheers!

- Sistema

Edited by sisteMa`

Good idea! And nice pics Sistema. ;)