Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doro

Necromancy

Should there be necromancy for high level summoners?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be necromancy for high level summoners?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Doro

Just an idea and i dont know if its been suggested before, but maybe once you get like a high level summoning like 60 or something u can start summoning goblins ect. So just fill me in about this.

actually we already have necromancy, since we use the remains of animals and just animates them..... but i think goblins should be lower than bear, since they are much weaker.

Slayton u suggesting a creature that eats purple people? I mean Im working on getting that cape so i can use it for summoning would be kinda stupid if my own summoning would attack me because I was purple :D

I agree though i want to see more summonable things, but please keep the bar this high for summoning as it is now I went through a horror to get where I am now :D

I suggest all summonings will be needing raw meats ... That would surely make it difficult..

I don't think all creatures should require meat - all "living" ones should, of course, but skeletons might use 6 bones, 1 death essence, 1 life essence or something like that. I was also considering suggesting some "elemental" creatures that might require the fire/earth/air/water essences but not meat.

Well I was thinking skellies more like 12 bones (so it is harder) or someone could go summon them on newb island and MASS CHAOS all newbs would be getting slaughtered left and right

Ya i was thinking about summoning elementals too. Also, i think they need "strengthen summon", "toughen summon", and "empower summon" spells, to raise the fighting levels of creatures. So when you summon a harmless little creature, cast it on them and watch as people underestimate them. Just think of all the newbs you can kill by casting it on summoned deer on IP. :twisted:

First, I think that both Necromancy and Summoning both should have their own places in the game.

Necromancy is what we are doing now while Summoning is the "Summoning only" Creatures but they don't have to be two seperate Skills. Summoning just doesn't require animal parts but rather lots of Essences and maybe require something else, like Gems and Creation Charms or Talismons.

In this case, such Charms or Talismons are single items (very much like the Regents used for Spells) whose sole purpose is used to summon a Creature/Animal/Elemental and they must be found, whether from Creature Drops or rare finds during the course of the game. And unlike the Regents, you can use these Charms or Talismons up and must obtain them again in order to summon again.

Also, Skeletons should take away from your life points in order to summon them. This is Death Magic we're talking about here you can't use Any form of Death Magic in Real Life without Losing a lot of Life and Mana. Or, instead of that, just make Summoning Skeletons use up ALL of your Etheral Points and if Skeletons are natually hostile to player on non-PK maps then Skeleton should be hostile to the summoner as well. That'll keep at least some of the Summoning at a mininum in certain maps. Of course, that will still mean that Player's who are protected from Attacks can still do it freely!

Guest Doro

i dont agree with u getting atacted by ur own skellie for a couple of reasons. 1 it will follow u around u figer the rest out. 2 its just like when ur in a guild u cant attack another person in ur guild. Maybe u can lose health every time u summon like u suggested but u dont lose much only like 1 every time. And maybe like you can only summon skellies and stuff at night or on a PK map that way the people that cant kill them dont complain. even though they shouldent carry every thing round with them. those r just sum more ideas so keep on replying

Ahhh... just wondering what the vote is on exaclty. especially since it hasnt exaclty been stated that there is a difference between summoning and this supposed 'necromancy'

I do like the idea of summoning hostile creatures in pk maps though.