Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pb_Zeppelin

Trainning

I know weve all seen boxing fights and sumo fights now and then, when people use weapons that decrease the damage of a blow..maybe having boxing gloves or something would make combat last longer, hence more exp :D

This may attract afkers tho, so maybe err..dunno.. ;) havent thought of a way to rid afkers...Dont think there is either

(man, they think their so good, with their permanant internet connections, letting them afk all the time :P so there!)

This is exactly what we don't want to happen. I even limited the exp you get from an opponent, to 14 successfull blows/defends. Anything more doesn't count.

but..but...but..ent...takes soo long training on goblins, even worse on skeletons or gargoyles! Nobody ever has same lvls as me either, so cant battle people to train....dam lvl31..been stuck on it for like a month ;)

just keep killing animals (hope no animal rights activists read this :roll: ).

wolfs, boars and after some time bears make perfect training. in fact i think the bears are harder to kill then the orcs...

What might be usefull is the option to have non-lethal combat. Being killed and loosing my stuff is pretty much the only reason that keeps me from sparring. I see two ways this could be implemented:

1) Make sparring maps. In sparring maps players don't die from combat. They just get knocked out for some time. Or they get teleported to a hospital/recovery type building instead of to the underworld (with all their gear intact ofcourse).

2)Make it a weapons (fur gloves??). If you attack someone with these, you don't kill them. Just knock em out for a short while.

I like option 1 better. Less opportunity for abuse (eg, opponent 'forgets' to use the sparring weapon) + you can spar with your own weapons if you want.

I quite like runescapes "duel" aswel, works just like trade..

I challenge you to a Duel!!!, /slaps opponent accross face with chainmaille glove

why not just have a sparring arena instead of a whole map dedicated to it? you could also have bots in there like i heard somewhere that they might be implemented later on. and for person to person fights a referee could be put in so both of the fighters have to talk to him before they begin so they wont go to the underworld if they lose the fight. also, bets could be placed on the fights with a npc so gold could be made at the arenas.

That is actually what I had in mind. I just figured that it would be far easier for Entropy to program a 'map toggle' for sparring (like there is a 'dungeon toggle' now) than to make only certain area's of a map sparring and the others not.

You could have a relatively small map with just a town and an arena on it as a sparring map.

oh, sorry, im new to el, that sounds easier to code, i didnt have programming in mind with that idea, if i ever get better at c++ i might help entropy out with coding, but i doubt i will get that good, i have the programs though, visual enterprises with visual c++ 6.0 and i might have a storyline written out in a few days for el. hope i can make a good contribution to the game

there will be all kinds of arenas with different rules eventually.

I dont' know if you'll gain exp in them or not