Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New idea

Interesting ideas. I have a question tho:

Invading monsters will only attack good people, but can evil and neutral people attack the monsters?

Maybe the good people should be able to cast a new advanced spell: remote restoration, which fully heals the target. This would be great to heal the unicorns, or even the monsters you train on. Disadvantage is that it might be abused by people healing monsters that are in a fight with a player, thus killing the player. Ok, maybe it should only be able to target other players.

As for the 10 extra food, that's not carved in stone. It can be 20 for example.

Could it be 10% less food substracted while mixing?

Oh, and could ebul protect himself by wearing mm cape against Unicorn?

Edited by BloodSucker

... or lose less items when they die. ..

I was about to suggest that Good people could have a lower chance of losing their equipment when they die. This could counter-balance the attack adv of Evil people without using a purely symetric system.

Also I'm curious to see the effect of this idea on guild's organization : if they can split their members into 2 groups, they can take a double advantage out of it, turning this into a strong power catalyzer.

And as usual my silly idea : a Schizophrenic (positive or negative ?) perk where you have chances of changing from Good to Evil every day, but you don't know it in adance of course. Or else a day/night change, as Doctor JEKYLL and Mister HYDE ... but might be too easy to turn into an advantage.

Good idea anyway : can't wait to see the proportion of Good/Neutral/Evil

Edited by Sildegaar

the 5% does that effect only on players? like the Pk books

otherwise it might ruin our training on monsters

i hope the good players will have about 10% def bonus, so people wont use brod much =p

what if 3-4 evils kill all the unicorns together everyday. there will be no more unicorn for 1 day or probably 6 hours

If they do so, then so be it, but they will be very hard to kill.

They should be harder than giants then, and people can still harm them to death and have no more probs with them for a day :o And I think it's too easy to avoid whitestone. Maybe put one in IP too :D

Except from that good idea, maybe the good guys should have a defense bonus? It seems their advantages are a little poor imo. Or 20 harvests should be 50 or more.

Nah, good fighters would just have some harvesting bonus exp (ye, harv is really useful at combat) and food bonus (another thing indeed useful for fighters).

Edited by Lorck

Awsome ideas.

But, wouldnt every trainer/pker chose the evil side with these dis/advantages...

20 food is pointless for training/pking, also harvest xp, isnt that imprtant for them too.

So everyone who aims at a/d will chose evil, while they dont neceserraly (spelling) want to.

I know, the dis/ad will still chance, a defense increase for good people would be on its place I think.

And maybe fast regen blessing or something like that, because they cant use brod/bod.

I like the way this game is going now :) .

I really like the idea, it's great! :)

The invasion caused by evil ppl that can attack only good ppl is fine and the fact that bad ppl can be attacked by unicorns is a great idea :D

But IMO, the skills of ppl should not be affected by good/evil side of ppl but more by their class. For example, a dwarf should be better for manufacturing things (as gnomes too), elves better in magic, defence, orcs better in attack... but I'm sure this kind of idea should have already be discussed in older topics...

To finish, the fact that bad ppl could use BoD&BoD is a good idea too but good ppl should have same kind of objects that evil ppl can't use. And what about the price of items in shops? It also could be affected by the good/evil side of ppl... :)

Guest stalag

Great ideia for a start.

Good side benefits should also include :

- Better shop prices , like % reduction

- Better chance of good harvest events

Evil side should also include :

- Expensive shop prices, like % more (if you arent anti of course)

- MM cape / perk dosent work

And this should be dynamic , if you are GOOD u must for example cast remote heal x times per a period of time, if you are EVIL u must use BOD / Broad x times per a period of time ... if not u become NEUTRAL.

There also must be a new spell that allow you identify the path of the player that can be used for future features, like a GOOD player shouldnt kill another GOOD player without some sort of penalization.

Basically, the idea is to have two kind of affiliations:

Good and Evil. There will also be the neutral one, for those who don't care about the system.

I like this idea and think that the gods will naturally "sponsor" their kind of Eternals, ie the Bastion of Good (the good gods) will support good people, The Conclave of Evil (the evil gods) will support the evil people, and The Neutral Hand will remain neutral, subtly helping the neutral people.

I suggest the following modifications to the evil/good/neutral abilities

Evil

Evil Bonus/abilities:

1. Only the evil people will be able to use BoD and BoD.

2. The evil people will have a 5% attack bonus vs good people

3. The evil people will be able to pay for monster invasions, by making sacrifices to the temples of Mortos and Selain....

Evil disadvantages:

1. They will be attacked by the unicorns (if the unicorns see them). ...

Good

Good Bonus/abilities:

1. Only the good people will be able to use CoL.

2. The good people will have a 5% attack bonus vs evil people

3. The ability to build and maintain a system to destroy/damage the invaded monsters from the evil people.

Good disadvantages:

1. Being attacked by the evil people's invaded monsters.

Neutral

Neutral Bonus/abilities:

1. +10 extra food.

2. +20 extra harvesting exp/hour.

3. +1 radiation protection

Neutral disadvantages:

1. Unable to wear/use items that require more than human nexus 5.

Minor reference:

The Bastion of Good

Aluwen, Elandria and Zarin represent the forces of honor, love, freedom and truth. They are almost like three sisters, sharing a common goal. These goals are generally precieved as good.

They are opposed by the Conclave of Evil.

The Conclave of Evil

Mortos and Selain represent the forces of destruction, death, corruption and vice. They both see themselves as stronger than the other, but are generally not at odds with eachother.

Tehy are opposed by the Bastion of Good.

The Neutral Hand

Glilin, Unolas and Jayden represent the forces of discipline, order and knowledge. They remain detached from the struggle between the Bastion and the Conclave, often functioning as emmisaries. They are opposed to different gods as they have different outlooks on the course of action to be taken.

They are generally neutral towards the Bastion and the Conclave.

Neutral

Neutral Bonus/abilities:

1. +10 extra food.

2. +20 extra harvesting exp/hour.

3. +1 radiation protection

Neutral disadvantages:

1. Unable to wear/use items that require more than human nexus 5.

The only problem I have with this is that I personally feel that neutral should neither have advantages nor disadvantages. Once again, I encourage us to take a look at the existing yet non exsiting Karma system which was never fully developed. IMO I feel that it would merge nicely in with this new concept of Entropy's.

Good

Good Bonus/abilities:

What about CoM? And i think nobody will be evil then.. CoL and CoM are the best items in game...

Good

Good Bonus/abilities:

That's way too much for a handicap, all you get like this is everyone going good.

I think that BoD/BRoD for evil people and Staff of Protection/Mage for good people is enough.

Besides, due to the looks of them, why not make steel plate only wearable for good folks and titanium plate for evil ones? (one looks bright, teh other looks ebul :))

EDIT:

Maybe only good people can use rosts?

Same, everyone will go good.

Edited by Draym

How about for evil people inventory drops, but equipped items and inv quickbar stays? so at least some of your essences/potions would drop and the pker gets something :)

EDIT: I mean with rostogol stones

Edited by Draym

After this update, more things could come. Like implementing monsters like demons and devils that will ignore evil ones and attack good people (dunno what about neutrals lol), and others like archangels or priests that will do the same on the opposite alignments. These monsters could also be used on the invasions and so... would turn this more into a halo vs horns war like it was said before.

Edited by Draym

Can you be an evil businessman as well as an evil fighter? Why would an evil person suck at harvesting and making stuff? I think a legion of goblins can stripmine an area in an instant, especially if there are trolls to whip them into action, and necromancers to raise them to undeath if they die during the labor. And they can turn the minerals into thousands of wicked weapons, stick them into corpses to make the wounds fester and be ready to go. It is not just dwarves and gnomes who make good items. They just tend to look better.

I don't like suggestions which will push anyone who makes stuff towards good. Nor fighters being evil if they want to be equal to the others. Isn't the most powerful force the one that defends their loved ones?

No way the shopkeepers changing prices if you are evil. They don't know that I am evil. All they see is a smile or a scowl (antisocial). Unicorns might be able to smell evil, but not a common salesman.

Far better suggestion that was made is, imo, to make certain items wearable only by evil or good. Perhaps new items to be added as well. It doesn't do anything other than make sense that good and evil gods try to influence the world by having aligned, powerful, items circulating.

Good and evil spells would rock as well, especially if this means more spells.

How about: neutral and good people are limited in who they can PK? (yes, going out and killing people for loot is evil)

Edited by sithicus

My main concern with all this is about CoL. it has become a very important item when pking, I don't think many people would discard it so easily. Maybe make CoL +150 mat for evil people and +200/250 for good people? or less chance for them to degrade for good people, or they not degrading but breaking directly for evil people...

why not boost shield and make it a useful spell (and level dependent) and have that as good, then attacking spells like harm poison are evil only?

Edited by evilgeorge