Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New idea

Basically, the idea is to have two kind of affiliations:

Good and Evil. There will also be the neutral one, for those who don't care about the system.

Here is how it will function:

Evil Bonus/abilities:

1. Only the evil people will be able to use BoD and BoD.

2. The evil people will have a 5% attack bonus (won't show in the stats, only when they attack the effect will felt by the opponent)

3. The evil people will be able to pay for monster invasions that will attack ONLY the good people. They will be able to chose the monster type, number and location. Of course, the more and stronger monsters you invade, the more expensive it will be. The location will be pre defined, like a list with 10 or 20 locations.

Evil disadvantages:

1. They will be attacked by the unicorns (if the unicorns see them). There will be quite a few more unicorns than now, maybe 10 or so. And they will kick ass, something like double the attributes of the cyclops. Their respawn time will be about one day (or maybe less, TBD).

Good Bonus/abilities:

+10 extra food.

+20 extra harvesting exp/hour.

The ability to build and maintain a system to destroy/damage the invaded monsters from the evil people. (more details later)

Good disadvantages:

1. Being attacked by the evil people's invaded monsters.

So that's it.

Read the post 10 times, and if you have questions that were NOT answered in the post, ask them here. Opinions are welcome, so long as they are civilized. Some suggestions are OK too, but stay on the subject.

[edit] Just forget about the perk. I wanted to do something a while ago and I forgot I didn't do it.

When you're talking about the extra harvesting, what do you mean by "the perk"?

It seems to me the Evil advantages are much better, you can just diss and run the unicorns

I really like the idea. :)

But what did you mean here?

+20 (or 40 with the perk) extra harvesting exp/hour.

edit: basically what atlantis asked.

Edited by Foehammer

BEAUTIFUL!!!

A reason for taxes to both sides that nobody can argue against.

It seems pretty good, but... Evil tends to get an advantage and Branch of Destruction is already not widely accepted.

Also, the Unicorns will attack Evil players, but can Good players attack unicorns after the update?

what if 3-4 evils kill all the unicorns together everyday. there will be no more unicorn for 1 day or probably 6 hours

generally liked the idea

Edited by jamesjersey

Is this independent of serving the gods (ie, can those with the godless perk still pick good/evil)?

I assume the choice is permenant (like pick-points) and can't be removed (or only removed with a reset)?

what if 3-4 evils kill all the unicorns together everyday. there will be no more unicorn for 1 day or probably 6 hours

If they do so, then so be it, but they will be very hard to kill.

I think this is a great idea exept there sint many abilities for the good. The +10 extra food is good except when it comes to feasting pots. Since they only increase 50 food there will still be a gap of 5 or more due to items that use a lot of food to manu/alch/craft. I would like to suggest for the good that there be like a blessing that is permanent but doesnt show in stats that will be added to any skill using the manufacturing window. And i think maybe something with the names to notify good and evil would also help as well. Maybe just make good people "green" and the bad people "red" or maybe "black" or so. I think this is a great idea entropy but i do think there needs some more brainstorming for the good side to equal the abilities between good and evil. Thank You for loking at my inputs on this great idea!

Guresh

LoCo

:)

Is this independent of serving the gods (ie, can those with the godless perk still pick good/evil)?

I assume the choice is permenant (like pick-points) and can't be removed (or only removed with a reset)?

Independent of the gods, but their priests will be used for your convenience. The godless perk will not affect it.

The affiliation will be removable without a reset, but will be expensive to do so (something like 100K GC).

There will also be no way to tell if a player is good or evil, besides for seeing him being attacked by unicorns, or their own admission.

Same with the good players.

As for the 10 extra food, that's not carved in stone. It can be 20 for example.

I also have another question: Can you change your status of good/evil? Maybe you can only change if you reset?

i think good side would be more apealing if you got a 2-4% increase in skills other than a/d, and the evil getting +5% in a/d and the BoD's

The only problem with that, is then all PK's would be Evil. :)

i think good side would be more apealing if you got a 2-4% increase in skills other than a/d, and the evil getting +5% in a/d and the BoD's

The only problem with that, is then all PK's would be Evil. :)

not all but most :/ i didnt think of that, i still like the 3-4% for all other skills for good ppl, as it stands ents first post, i might want to be evil. :) not really, im good no matter what but it is tempting