Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Killerlamb

10 reasons...

There is no need to be pissed off at me if we have different religious oppinions. I am a resonable person, and if you manage to convince me that I am wrong, then i will change my mind.

That's what I don't understand, why do people think that without evil, and our ability to do evil things there is no progress?

Imagine all the wonders we humans could do if we wouldn't invest anything in the war industry, if we'd have a perfect communism, etc.

I never said there would be no progress. I just said we'd be no better than robots. Have you seen/read A Clockwork Orange?

That's what I don't understand, why do people think that without evil, and our ability to do evil things there is no progress?

Imagine all the wonders we humans could do if we wouldn't invest anything in the war industry, if we'd have a perfect communism, etc.

Philisophically speaking, my theory is that since "good" and "evil" are relative to each other, if there were no "evil" people(in the sense that we think of as evil) then there would be no "good" people either, so umm, like cicero said, we would all be robots :D

99% of wars in all of history have been caused by religion, by people who thought they were doing the right thing, not nessecarily people that are "evil".

Communism only works good on paper, but it just doesn't work in real life, because, as humans, we suck. It just wouldn't work unless we were all "perfect". Things like greed, selfishness etc. ruin communism every time. And if we were all perfect, it would be pretty gay. :D

Ok, I'm done trying to sound smart now. :lol: