Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

More in the next update

Did u notice that the alchemist have no God ? I would like to see a cape that gives us some advantages in the alchemy skill: for example u need 20 % less food for ess , (also post here other suggestins, some might be mentioned before..) :D And btw there is not even a Potion for alc :D

WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME, HELP US :D

And how about a new harvesting event: all the ingediances in your bag are teleported all over the place "Bag explosion", but only small amounts so that the player can collect it and bring it back.

Why are there no credit cards in the game... i dont like running to sto for gc to get new pickaxes... mother nature hates me atm.. can we manufacture pickaxes ?

There is alchemy god's temple already but without npc yet. Alchemy is already the easiest skill because of no nexus required and its very easy to level up. There is also quite good working market for essences or bars.

Potions for manufture skill or crafting skill make sense because usually single unit of something you make is expensive, while essences or bars(exception for new bars) are cheap at all. IMO you are looking for problems where there arent any problems.

EDIT: some typos

Edited by Desertus

Did u notice that the alchemist have no God ? I would like to see a cape that gives us some advantages in the alchemy skill: for example u need 20 % less food for ess , (also post here other suggestins, some might be mentioned before..) :) And btw there is not even a Potion for alc :(

WE ARE HAVING A HARD TIME, HELP US :)

Not at all.

Alchemy is the easiest manu skill you can improve.

I really don't think that we need alch-g0d. Maybe if you want to be in top10 alchemists. But I can asure you - it's quite tough, with or without the g0d.

And how about a new harvesting event: all the ingediances in your bag are teleported all over the place "Bag explosion", but only small amounts so that the player can collect it and bring it back

You suggest bagspamming? o_0

Edited by BloodSucker

And how about a new harvesting event: all the ingediances in your bag are teleported all over the place "Bag explosion", but only small amounts so that the player can collect it and bring it back.

You suggest bagspamming? o_0

Not only that it would be bagjumpers heaven.

I am a Full time alcher (Bars), and I do wish a the god would come out, but I aggree with Desertus and Bloodsucker, Alchemey is the easiest skill, We are too good for Alch potions (Besides who would use them? unless for making hydro bars) And we DONT need a cloak, I think alchings good as it is, but maybe add some Uber alch lvl item/s? (Like the COL)

,Knight

I think what SolarStar has in mind is the higher fail rates on some essences and stuff..

An God or an Potion would lower the rate of Food or Crit Fails..

Potions would prolly even be good for the economy if there are more ppl out there who would

buy them..

I, for myself, hate it to lose any food in crit or normal Fails (especially on FEs -.-) so maybe a lil item or something

to lower the fail rate would be cool.

Sure, its not very important since food can be harvested all over the realms. At least for the ppl with a good patience its not important.. im not very patient so i would agree to some help.

Greetings

Fabi

Edited by Fabi

but maybe add some Uber alch lvl item/s? (Like the COL)

Wolfram Bars have the same recommended level as CoMs which is only one level below that of CoLs. But as was said above, alchemy is so easy to level that way more people are able to actually make them.

OK maybe the bagexplosions is not such a good idea.

But why is everyone for an improvement in alc ? :o It is not the easiest skill as u all say. As a beginner u fail a lot. And I hate! loosing food. The easiest skills are fighting and harvesting. So its a medium skill.

And hey ppl, think about it. for the hydro and wolf bars u need very high levels. Have u got any idea how much money goes in the drain if u fail only once. It ends in a finalcial disaster. Wouldn't it be good to have the possibility to have a higher alc lev for a minute ? For manu for example u can get a blessing!

So next time if u post, i dont want to read ONLY no's . Bring Ideas that help and lead us to a solution

I think you are missing the point. Alchemy is already one of the easiest skills with useful results there is for everybody, including newbies. I really don't think it will be made even easier. And you miss the point with hydro and wolfram bars. We don't want everybody to easily make them. They are supposed to be difficult and rare.

OK maybe the bagexplosions is not such a good idea.

But why is everyone for an improvement in alc ? :o It is not the easiest skill as u all say. As a beginner u fail a lot. And I hate! loosing food. The easiest skills are fighting and harvesting. So its a medium skill.

And hey ppl, think about it. for the hydro and wolf bars u need very high levels. Have u got any idea how much money goes in the drain if u fail only once. It ends in a finalcial disaster. Wouldn't it be good to have the possibility to have a higher alc lev for a minute ? For manu for example u can get a blessing!

So next time if u post, i dont want to read ONLY no's . Bring Ideas that help and lead us to a solution

If you fail something a lot, that means you need to get your levels up higher before doint it, or be willing to risk the loss of the items! OR would your rather it be required levels so you can't even try until you are at that level? With the recomended levels, that leaves it up to you how much risk you want to take.

would your rather it be required levels so you can't even try until you are at that level?

YES!!!

most definitely YES!

:)

Ditto :P

If the alchemy system goes to a required level, then the fail rates would need to drop significantly after attaining that level. A master of a craft does not fail as often as an apprentice. The good thing about the current system, you have far more items failing, and it helps keep the market from being flooded. Also, I seriously disagree about alch being an easy skill, the sheer mind numbing task of gathering and then grinding out thousands of essences, plus the fail rates, the crit fails, and the food requirements, meh, and people ask me why I drink =]

If the alchemy system goes to a required level, then the fail rates would need to drop significantly after attaining that level. A master of a craft does not fail as often as an apprentice. The good thing about the current system, you have far more items failing, and it helps keep the market from being flooded. Also, I seriously disagree about alch being an easy skill, the sheer mind numbing task of gathering and then grinding out thousands of essences, plus the fail rates, the crit fails, and the food requirements, meh, and people ask me why I drink =]

If required levels were to go back in, I don't see the faill rate changing after the required level. The definition of recomended & required levels has always been where you have a 50% chance to succeed, not at what point are you a master.

Well, at 50% fail rate, then the concept of required/recommended is almost useless, perhaps suggested level would make more sense.

Suggested level is what recommended level is. If it was required level, you would not be able to make it at all if you were below that level.

Exactly my point, required level implies that once you get there, you can make the item, cast the spell, etc. and that you won't fail. Semantics to be sure, but it is misleading and or confusing. Suggested/recommended levels implies that you can try once you reach a certain level, but no guarantees.

Well, at 50% fail rate, then the concept of required/recommended is almost useless, perhaps suggested level would make more sense.

Suggested level is what recommended level is. If it was required level, you would not be able to make it at all if you were below that level.

recommended and suggested is kinda the same.. EL dev team recommends lvl ... is a good lvl to start making ... item, EL dev team suggest lvl ... is a good lvl to start making ... item. see any diff?

as for lvl requirements... I' d love to see level requirements back in the game... for example equiping serp requires lvl = 80 atck to equip that sort of things... I' d llove that since every noob with a big wallet can get his ass tit plate and a thermal + CoL and survives every other player of his lvl... same for ess he fails a lot but he can make it... only 2 skills that aren't worth trying to do high lvl things is manu and craft cause the risk of loosing such expensive items is to high.

my 2 cents

hyperion

Exactly my point, required level implies that once you get there, you can make the item, cast the spell, etc. and that you won't fail. Semantics to be sure, but it is misleading and or confusing. Suggested/recommended levels implies that you can try once you reach a certain level, but no guarantees.

To me, required implys that you can ATTEMPT to try it after you reached that level. Whether you succeed or not is entirely up to luck and skill. For example: I am over 16. Legally, I am required to be 16 before I can get a driver's license. But having a license does not mean I can keep the vehicle on the road, I can navigate safety to the next town, or that I wont flatten every thing that comes in my path. I may be able to journey safely to my next venture in life. I might not.

I like the required lvl, that would make things alot easier

and maybe implement a Alch god too?

,Knight

Man... do you even bother reading the threads you reply to?

I like the required lvl, that would make things alot easier

and maybe implement a Alch god too?

,Knight

Required levels makes things harder, not easier!

only thing i am going to comment on is the alch god, i think its about time a preist be put into the temple, ive been there after every update hopeing one would be there, and never is.

ok i lied, 2nd comment, alch is the easiest "real" skill to start, but it gets very monotonus after u reach lvl 30, lvl 30-50 is nothing but alot of harvesting (for money, or for materials to make essences and bars) it is relatively easy but the amount of bars needed to lvl means u need a ton of iron/tit, coal, and FE's. that in itself makes the skill somewhat difficult at high lvls, just b/c of time spent getting items to train the skill.

Alchemy god... hum, okay, but what about the Harvest god eh?

Or should following Mother Nature act as a detriment to harvesting; decreased experience and nasty events.

(I've posted my views on require levels for tasks elsewhere -- ie, its the role of nexus to limit what people can do, skills only say how well they can do things, gives a more flexible system)

Edited by trollson