Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson

Bank Number

i think we should ahve a feature in storage, to open it the NPC will ask for a certain number, or phrase to open ur storage... and of course before u have one u have to set one up... so if people get hacked they wont be able to accuquire their storage.. and if u do forget ur combination, theyre should be a feature that has recovery question (like everyhing else).. and u have to answer the recovery questions to get ur combination back. ... this would help a lot of people

Interesting idea...

But if someone hacked your account, they probably could hack your storage :D

well prob not...unless somehow u told em ur number (Which would be teh dumbest idea)

Interesting idea...

But if someone hacked your account, they probably could hack your storage :D

well prob not...unless somehow u told em ur number (Which would be teh dumbest idea)

But if they get past a password, then a number might be easir....

And recovry... "What's your cats name?" Just type random names :D

I dunno though, maybe it would be a good idea. Like, perheps you change it everyday.

Hmm... maybe EL might start using finger print scanners :D Maybe not, though.

this seems unneccesary, ur storage is safe as long as u dont give out ur password and its not a bad password, simple as that

I love it, pooor Helga probably wouldnt have gooten hacked if we had this

Note: You sould still be able to put stuff in storage without typeing in the password, but a Password is needed to take things out

I Severly Suggest this Idea!

,Knight

Conquer Online has this. Problem I see with it is people will use the same thing they use for their passwords in the first place, so they won't forget it.

lots of games have this, and it is normally a number.

only silly people will put it the same as their PW, as only silly people use only numbers or only letters as a PW ;P

only silly people will put it the same as their PW, as only silly people use only numbers or only letters as a PW ;P

Look around you :P

this seems unneccesary, ur storage is safe as long as u dont give out ur password and its not a bad password, simple as that

Agreed.

It's safe as it is now, if you are dumb enough to give out your passsword to your char and lose stuff it's your own fault, it sucks big time to lose stuff yeah but still it's your own fault for giving out the password.

Having a password for the storage i can't see a reason for it, only you are able to get into your storage and no one else so no need for a password for it that you might forget and never be able to get into it again :P

Edited by Entris

People who get "hacked" either had weak passwords or gave it to another player, so its really their own fault. I think this would just be a waste of coding. Doing this would just promote multiplaying.

I love it, pooor Helga probably wouldnt have gooten hacked if we had this

How not? :D

Keeping someone from getting to your storage won't keep him/her from #killingyou yes, resetting your character... etc

Well, thinking about:

1. If wou have a easy password your storage password should be not dificult too i supose.

2.If you give your pass to anyone , i think you will give your storage pass too...

a char without storage is not useable.

3.If you trust in wrong people, is not programers fault. You share your credit card number??

4. Anyway, scammers need burn in hell.

Could be a good idea, but I would find it better to teach people security in the first place. If you have a firewall that monitor incomming and outgoing traffic I would say it is impossible for a keylogger to work, unless it has a masked process killer in it.

However if you on top of having a firewall have a good password and are very catious with accepting files, I would say the risc of being hacked is nearly nonexistant.

Could be a good idea, but I would find it better to teach people security in the first place. If you have a firewall that monitor incomming and outgoing traffic I would say it is impossible for a keylogger to work, unless it has a masked process killer in it.

However if you on top of having a firewall have a good password and are very catious with accepting files, I would say the risc of being hacked is nearly nonexistant.

I've never had any reports of anyone being hacked aside from an attack against their password itself, almost all of which stem from social engineering.

I've never had any reports of anyone being hacked aside from an attack against their password itself, almost all of which stem from social engineering.

Sometimes small MMORPGS rock :D