Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
darkundy

Hacked

Hi,

Im a very great nOOb at this forum :dry: but I just wanted to tell that my char DarkundY is hacked.

What do I have to do? He was member of the [NL] guild. I wanted to log in but the words "pass doesn't match" dissepair. So I getted online with my alt and I saw DarkundY online, with only 20hp (I had 90) so resetted..

What do I have to do?

(real) DarkundY

The rules are clear:

If someone has indeed hacked you, a senior mod will need to look into it. As I am sure you can appreciate this may take some time before resolution.

If you gave someone else your password, you have forfeited your character and the mods won't help.

In the meantime the character could be locked while the logs are checked (the bit that takes the time)

Hi,

I hear from my friend Zillion that he was banned. Why?

He is a very good friend yes, but he didn't had my pass, I swear.

I have no idea how the hacker getted my pass, but I really wont my char back :dry:

Edited by darkundy

Your good friend Zillion (or his ficus) stole your character and changed the password. Your password, while not the strongest password ever, couldn't have been just guessed. So obviously he either hacked your whole computer, or you gave him the password.

Your password, while not the strongest password ever, couldn't have been just guessed.

I didn't gaved my pass to him, I swear. But if you say that I wasn't the best pass (I know) then why isn't it possible that someone has guessed my pass.

A lot of people knew the name of my old char...so...And why do you think directly at Zillion? He's a friend ok, but why would he hack me...??

:dry::D:(

He said you gave him the pass to train your char, and our logs confirm that, he is logging on with your char for a few days.

Of course, he said he never changed the password.

But since both of you are bullshitting me, you'll both lose your chars.

This probably explains while he was logging in and out all the time. He's on my buddy list and was spamming my screen with those messages.

This happens when you keep disconnecting yourself over 2 windows. So he was probably going to log onto DarkundY and accidently logged onto Zillion again and kept relogging in both windows.

Good friends you got Dark

Well done Zillion :dry:

Further investigation shows that they both knew eachother's passwords.

Very interesting.

Also, the new password for that character is similar to the password of Zillion.

Mr. Zillion was swearing on his mother's head that he didn't do it.

Oh well, life sucks. Ironic how both of them lost their chars.

well i can understand how u feel they both lied to you :dry:

but i know their situation they trained very long with their chars and also spent money on races and so,

i would ask u to maybe think about giving them a warning like both pkable or so.

they will rly miss their chars and the money/time they spent for them.

thx for listening, Angel.

well i can understand how u feel they both lied to you :dry:

but i know their situation they trained very long with their chars and also spent money on races and so,

i would ask u to maybe think about giving them a warning like both pkable or so.

they will rly miss their chars and the money/time they spent for them.

thx for listening, Angel.

What kind of message would I send to people if I unban them? That it is OK to hack eachother, multiplay, and swear on their mother's head that they didn't do it?

Not involved in this, staying not involved in this.

Darkundy has an alt (his words, from post 1). Unless he has had an IP ban or the alt deleted too he can still play, and consider himself extremely fortunate teh God is in a good mood.

nonono its totally wrong what they did !!!! there is no excuse for that !!!!

i dont want u to say: well he sweared on his mothers head, nothin special, i unbann em now.

never ! ur right that they made very very big mistakes !

but i think they know what they did, and usually they r very good/fair players.

i meant, maybe u could just give them warning ( like pkable ) and if they do it again ( what will never happen, i bet )

they will get locked forever.

they never did something like this before, so i think a 2nd chance for them would be very nice.

maybe just let em play once more, they will never make such a mistake again i bet :dry:

EDIT: labrat im talkin to teh god cause i know zill/darkundy pretty good, and i know theyr good ppl,

every human beeing makes mistakes, means they learn from it, and will not do it again.

at least i know that both wotn do it again, they are (usually) mature, honorable, and fair !!!

2nd EDIT: some typos...

Edited by AngelFaceJo

EDIT: labrat im talkin to teh god cause i know zill/darkundy pretty good, and i know theyr good ppl,

every human beeing makes mistakes, means they learn from it, and will not do it again.

at least i know that both wotn do it again, they are (usually) mature, honorable, and fair !!!

Sorry, what part of a nice/good/decent/honest player steals another player's character and changes the password? And what part of the rules states that it is ok to expect your character back after giving your password away and causing trouble for a mod (in this case a God)?

I am not involved, don't know them from Adam, but can't say I'll miss them if that is how they conduct their affairs.

/edit: spelling correction

Edited by LabRat

right u dont know em well, yes like i said this was a shyt action of em

but they are usually fair/mature/honest...

USUALLY....

They did something stupid and knew what they were doing, then they lied about it and expect their chars back :P My Opinion: keep em locked

they never did something like this before, so i think a 2nd chance for them would be very nice.

maybe just let em play once more, they will never make such a mistake again i bet B)

Yes, that would be great... But I think the chance is small :)

But what you (=entrophy) think is that Zillion hacked me, and that's not true. We both say that.

Zillion knew my pass and trained my char (not much). I trust him 100%, and I also knew 100% that he didn't hacked me.

The story that he told was correct, at the moment of hacking he was training my char. So, another player breaked my pass (cause only he knew it, and that is very the truth) at the moment that zill was on my char.

So Zill tried to save my char, but the hacker already changed my pass. That's what Zill told me. A few minutes later I came online at my alt, cause I couldn't login with DarkundY. And occasional I saw with my alt DarkundY walking, with 20hp (so hacker already resetted). Then I asked Zillion what was going on and he told me the whole story.

So please, I knew we were wrong (no, actually I was wrong). So pls, unbann Zillion at least...maybe DarkundY to, I don't know. With punishment, like Angel said..

But please, at least Zillion, cause he didn't do anything wrong...It would be good for me if you only unbann Zill...

The only 2 guy's who made mistaces were me and the hacker...

Thanks anyway to read this..

(ex-)DarkundY

Hi,

I hear from my friend Zillion that he was banned. Why?

He is a very good friend yes, but he didn't had my pass, I swear.

I have no idea how the hacker getted my pass, but I really wont my char back B)

Zillion knew my pass and trained my char (not much). I trust him 100%, and I also knew 100% that he didn't hacked me.

The story that he told was correct, at the moment of hacking he was training my char. So, another player breaked my pass (cause only he knew it, and that is very the truth) at the moment that zill was on my char.

So first you swear he didn't have your pass, then you admit he had your pass. And he swears on his mother's head that he didn't change the password, yet the new password is very similar to his own.

And I was born yesterday.