Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pyewacket

Magic Termite Shield

Basic idea is for a shield that combatants can equip if they see a BroD on the playing field.

Ingredients:-

Shield + 20 cooked meat + EME (RP- The fusion of cooked meats and EME attract magic termites who infest the shield and then take up residence within it, where they will feast upon any wooden magical object that strikes against the shield)

Chance for this shield to break BroD is 5% per shield tier level so:-

Normal wood termite shield = 5%

Enhanced wood termite shield = 10%

Iron Termite shield = 15%

Steel Termite shield = 20%

Titanium Termite shield = 25%

Suggested manu level - same as for manuing tit shield, this should not be an easy thing to make and the failrates should reflect this.

Then it will be up to pkers if they want to risk their shiny new tit shield on the possibility of it being lost in fails for making this item or not. I contrast however, due to the fact that this shield now has termites, there should be a slight lowering of the normal direct damage protection each termite shield offers in comparison to its none termite counterpart.

As usual, feel free to play around with this idea or ignore it completely.

- PYE

Good idea but afaik termites eat wood. Chances are a bit high too, so I would suggest no wood/enhanced wooden shields, and the max (tit shield) gets a 15% chance.

1 question: Does it work on every hit or only on the destructive hits (when you actually break something because of the branch)

but magic termites only eat MAGIC wood. :)

the other bit about the percentages beign too high, well ok, those can be adjusted by the devs as they think suitable.

*note:- in all honesty i think entropy already HAD something up his sleeve that would balance the playingfield anyways, and who knows? perhaps the BroD IS the thing thats meant to balance things out for us lesser a/d players? However, I recognise that there is a significant percentage of players currently disliking the BroD as it stands so am making an effort to ease their greif n woes a bit without detracting too much from Ent's plans by removing an item he has already put in for us.

Interesting idea. Here are my thoughts on the item:

• Limit it to wooden shields only -- the termites must have somewhere to live, and they cannot burrow into metal.
  • Increase the breakage rate for the shield -- the termites weaken the shield.
  • Include and Animal nexus to create -- you are summoning termintes.

perhaps the BroD IS the thing thats meant to balance things out for us lesser a/d players?

Low levelers dont hit very often, so there is not point for them.

And look at who use branches in who. The extreme high level guys (and some folks in JusT guild, but they barely hit so no problem) on the lower level people...

If "balance things out" for people with low a/d was the goal, it failed miserably.

perhaps the BroD IS the thing thats meant to balance things out for us lesser a/d players?

Low levelers dont hit very often, so there is not point for them.

And look at who use branches in who. The extreme high level guys (and some folks in JusT guild, but they barely hit so no problem) on the lower level people...

If "balance things out" for people with low a/d was the goal, it failed miserably.

Since you liek to take the opportunity to point out you are someone who speaks with pk experience, Lorck, then perhaps the onus falls on you to make suggestions that add to the game in a similar manner as this idea i threw in? I am sure you could come up with some good things that will help out immensely and given that you are in a prime position as a pker, you will know better than I do the things that will help most.

I just think its better to suggest new stuff to help ease what players think are problem areas ingame rather than demand things already implemented be removed/altered to suit our selfish needs, when a lot of hard work has been put into the game to add these things. It's like telling the architecht after he hands you your brand new housekeys that you want the porch moving two feet to the left.....

I think your suggestion is nice, indeed, just dont agreed with that comment from you.

As for suggestion, most people think it should have his chance lowered or just removed from the game.

rather than demand things already implemented be removed/altered to suit our selfish needs

Ye, selfish needs... anyone can see pking is dieing, even in no drop day most people stayed outside fearing the branch. As someone said on gm, the day was fun till Mufossa started using branch and breaking stuff...

Edited by Lorck

Well there are 3 simple steps to prevent future items being added which will also upset your delicate outlook and keep the game more inline with what you would prefer:-

#1 make suggestions in this section as to what you would like to see INCLUDED, rather than removed from the game, this will improve how the game gets developed in the future instead of altering how it was developed in the past.

#2 Test the items fully before general server release. No one can/should expect the devs to remove something they dont like ingame if there has been too few people testing a given item and a lack of decent feedback about it ensues prior to update of main server. Once it hits main server it should stay there, as a lesson to those who do not take the time to help test. *NOTE: I am VERY guilty of not testing and openly admit it here, the fact is that whilst i COULD probably find my way around onto the test server, I lack the general understanding of how to be a useful tester of things for the game so have so far neglected to help in this way as I would prefer not to be a hindrance (rather than a help) - Having said that, I will NOT complain about an ingame item being released when I have not taken the time to help fully test its effects/bugs, I simply dont see that I have the right if i didnt test it.

#3 Communicate with others ingame about possible things you would like to see. Whilst you yourself may not come up with the idea as suggested in #1 your talking things thru with someone else may hit off a spark in the right place in their brains that causes a good idea to emerge from them that gets put up in here. This is known as brainstorming, in other circles, and many examples are often seen within the very threads on this section of the forums as ideas are bounced around by various players in the thread postings. Not everything is workable, but enough is that the devs have to keep coming back to check this section rather than ignore it completely and work their own path for the game.

I am pretty sure we should ALL be doing the above, since this is Beta. I know we all tend to forget this sometimes and think this is a full game by the way we occasionally carry on about our "rights as gamers/members of teh community". I include myself in this as I have previously been vocal about the economy on several occasions, much to my personal deficit.

Whislt it can be argued that "Yeah this is beta so changes can happen AFTER implementation too!" we have to remember that these implementations will run more smoothly AND frequently if we get the changes made BEFORE they are implemented. FACT.

- PYE

Hmm.. You are recognizing that the BROD is a problem, but I dont think your solution solves it. Even if I have that shield you mention, I still have a chance at loosing my thermal serp (if I had one) or NMT cloak or whatever. Now this being a game and all I would be willing to accept that loss but there is a catch in this case. The EL store.

Say I bought a Thermal serp from the EL store ($90 us dollars). Then someone uses an item to break my item?? Sorry, that scenario does not work for me. And as long as the BROD exists, I will not be purchasing any PK items from the store. It just makes no sence to me.

it isnt meant to solve it outright, merely to help point Teh Way.

use normal serp and this shield til u break the BroD then bring out your therm, surely this didnt need suggesting? its a matter of strategy isnt it?

Anywas, as I also said, it can be safely ignored too :dry:

I like the idea Pye. I also agree it is the people higher lvled that use the brod.

So I like the idea that the sheild has a better chance of destroying the broD.

I for one, have not, and don't think I ever will use a broD. But I have seen it used very badly by people that do not need it.

Great Idea that will give people with the brod something to think about.

Sheild should also be cheep to make (it only has one use take out BroD)

FireBalls

This is a good idea, something for ppl to protect themselfs from the BroD but it should only be the Wooden shields and the Enhanced Wooden shields that has this feature since it's termites that lives in the shields it would be hard for em to get a grip on the metal ones, if i don't get a new shield where we have to combine wood and metal to make it.

I'd say magic termites are able to live in whatever they damned well like. Theyre magic. And for point of reference they first spawned out of magpielee's skunk hat. Mind you...theres wood there too i guess...