Fees  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Construction Gold Coins

• 2M
    • 4M
    • 6M
    • 8M
  2. 2. Costruction sulphur cost

3. 3. Construction Hydrogenium cost (bars)

A bit offtopic, what if we just organise one or two players who look out for invasions, and warn the rest?

yes, good idea, i had it too, but who would want to sit down there waiting for an invasion. not to mention that isnt advanced notice, its notice as it happens. and this also wont work as Ent adds places to the invasion spawn list.

on a seperate note, i still like the invasion idea and hope u do add more places where it spawns, and will it be able say flood into NC or will it not pass VOTD no matter how long its ignored

Edit: lol, i said i live the invasion idea :)

Edited by Happy_G

would be fun if it wasn't just an warning thingy, but creating an invasion at the same time.. so players control when a invasion happens :o

More thoughts on the topic....

I know you wrote that the invasions would start at VotD, and eventually invasions would occur at other locations. Why not make invasions somewhat map/theme specific? So, VotD invasions would be primarily of the goblin/armed goblin/female goblin type from the gold mine and nastier stuff from the temple. Portland invasions would be of the skeleton/armed skeleton/phantom warrior type. Nordcarn invasions would be somewhat mixed due to the mixed company in those mines. Gargoyle invasions from the WS and TG mines or Vermor Castle. Orcs from Carmen Manor.... you get the idea. This way, an early warning system would benefit low level players who might want to train on goblins and high level players who want the tougher stuff. There would be incentive for all players to participate in the construction & maintenance.

I would like to propose something a little grander. Part of the mythology of EL includes pirates. I think it would be way cool (and somewhat immersive) if there were pirate invasions along coastal areas or port cities. Using flocking routines, the pirate band would traverse across the countryside or siege a town. If you are able to kill the pirate captain, then the pirate crew would either scatter or try to retreat to their spawn site. An early warning system would then 1) aid in notification and protection of the lands, 2) be worth a high price, and 3) tie in many aspects of the El story-line.

stuff

A goblin invasion won't be too scarry. Even relative noobs would be able to deal with it.

The pirates, on the other hand, are cool, but they have to be implemented first.

stuff

A goblin invasion won't be too scarry. Even relative noobs would be able to deal with it.

The pirates, on the other hand, are cool, but they have to be implemented first.

ah, but the key here is that there can be armed gobs, for those you have to at least be in the low 30s a/d wise. But more importantly for all of them if we use octane's idea there won't only be gobs, there will be gobs and other things. In VOTD for example we'd get all the stuff from the temple. Making it a mixture of bad stuff and horrible stuff. :devlish:

ah, but the key here is that there can be armed gobs, for those you have to at least be in the low 30s a/d wise. But more importantly for all of them if we use octane's idea there won't only be gobs, there will be gobs and other things. In VOTD for example we'd get all the stuff from the temple. Making it a mixture of bad stuff and horrible stuff. :icon13:

My point was that invasions could be more balanced/themed to the map and audience...making them less dangerous to new players (but still dangerous). Of course it will be up to Entropy whether or not a VotD invasion would include the tougher goblins. However, having tougher monsters would persuade lower level players to contribute to the building and maintenance fee.

Erokin guards the VotD mine, making him a good NPC to announce VotD invasions (for a "3. Right when it happens." scenerio). Rather than have a Serdia-wide warning system, why not make it map-by-map? The costs per-system would then be reduced. Noobs can contribute to the VotD system while higher level players can contribute to systems in TD, TG, SKF... (again following my map-balanced monster proposal). Many maps already have a NPC that can be the lookout if the invasion gets out of a cave (a last ditch warning).

[edit] And the systems in tougher places would have higher maintenance costs due to the monsters being more damaging to the equipment. [/edit]

I am just trying to think of ways where all players would want to contribute. Yeah, the pirates would take some implementation and modeling, but I thought it would be fun. :)

Edited by 0ctane

While I am thrilled at the positive response to my pirate suggestion, perhaps this thread should get back to the original topic? What do people think about multiple per-map or per-region warning systems that have individual construction and mainteneance costs? How difficult would this be to implement?

I'm not sure about multiple per-map or per-region warning systems that have individual construction and mainteneance costs, but I do like the theme based invasions of creatures that live in those areas.

Bring in the mid to low level fighter into the mix a bit more. I participate in invasions, though I'm usually the first to die from something a high level fighter can handle. I'm not saying limit it to only those creatures. The resident's of those areas should have sergents and officer's to stir them up and lead them into battle.

I do think the costs involved for the system should be scaled. More investment and upkeep means more warning, and lower investment means you reap what you fail to sow.

P.S.: Pirates? Arrrgh! Bring them on.

I agree that the warning time needs to be longer. Especially since alot of us now are on C2 mining and mixing things and we Really enjoy and want to be able to join in. That means we need time to stop, put our things in storage, suit up and get over to VOTD. I see VOTD rings as being in high demand soon but we still need time to stop our work and get ready. 7 mins would be super for most, Since I am female 9 or 10 might be better so I can suit up and do my makeup so I look nice for the invasion. J/K.

Also, just a thought (No I am not blond) Maybe pay the NPC with gold ore? It is right there by the NPC and if high levels are needed even the lower level guys can help contribute by mining or hauling like us running like a bucket brigade. Working together to mine and haul the ore. It is heavy enough that there is still alot of effort needed and with the bucket brigade team work is mandatory and fun.

~Sandcastle

Individual systems/map is not what I want to do, it's too much work for me, and not worth it.

@sandcastle: How is a 14 minutes warning not enough?