Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ambrosius

Branch

apparently brod can even destroy NMT cape.

(I didnt see for myself) but someone said brod destroyed one.

i thought NMT was indestructable?

AFAIK it was updated so NMT can be destroyed by the branch (as observed) or by acid rain as well

well it's good that nmt cloak can get destroyed somehow.. else ppl will have 100's of em some time :o

lol i never thought of that :P

guess you're right, flufs wont stop dropping them :huh:

as far as i recall, there are only two ways of destroying a nmt cape : branch of destruction and acid rain (and let it go poof in a bag, yeah... but i don't think this case is really relevant :huh: ). [edit]ooops ! i really wasn't fast enough... i should stop being on phone and trying to type, probably :o [/edit]

and about the branch of destruction itself... well, i agree with what "top pkers" (no offense meant, to me, anyone who spends more than 1/10 of his ingame time in pk is a top pker ^^) keep saying when newbies (and/or low levels) get squished and start bitching : "don't go in a pk map with something you can't afford to lose".

so, in my opinion, nothing really wrong with it. you can develop tactics about how tu use/counter it, strategy, etc (meaning forcing someone to unequip expensive stuff, for instance). not really honourable and so, but... all strategies can't be all sweet and clean, i guess.

i just really don't get the point on using it on a no drop day, but well... i'm quite external to the problem : i'm by no mean pker ; i just used to join the berserk-party in kf, for the fun of it. i don't think i will anymore. no drama, it's a good time to train on monsters too tough for me, instead. :P

Edited by cayuga

i just really don't get the point on using it on a no drop day, but well...

i just used to join the berserk-party in kf, for the fun of it. i don't think i will anymore.

same here.

i just really don't get the point on using it on a no drop day, but well... i'm quite external to the problem : i'm by no mean pker ; i just used to join the berserk-party in kf, for the fun of it. i don't think i will anymore. no drama, it's a good time to train on monsters too tough for me, instead. :o

Exactly, no drops is just 'different' and brings a lot of people to PK who normally wouldn't. After the first 'reports' about broken expensive stuff I even tried to PM Mufossa (yes, in a friendly way :huh:) but got no reply.

I normally don't (or rarely) PK but yeah, my COL became victim as well. Unequipped all expensive stuff except that already, dissed/tele'd from him right away every time until the one time i missed my dis. Didn't restore hoping to die fast enough but... :(

Oh well, guess I'll have to make one for myself as well after all :P

BROD will only result in even less PKing...people see a BROD and they will diss or run....

Its just a lame weapon IMO......it serves no purpose but to ruin other ppls PKing experience.

And btw:

dunno if other ppl have heard this but i heard a rumour that when drinking vit pots it increases the chance to destroy other ppls items.......sounds really strange and dunno how that could influence things but......smth like that goes round ingame.

The thing is, without that branch there would be too many 'rare' items in the game. And you can always gang against those using it.

actually, i can't gang against him (correction : i could, but i'd become a collateral damage in about 2 secs ^^). and as i said, i'm far from being even a medium range fighter. someone will most probably catch him one day, but to be honest that's the least of my worries. :o

and about the branch itself... yep, that was pretty much the idea i had in mind about it's utility. which is fine : the game needs items sinks as well as money sinks (well, not too much of both, please xD ).

Exactly, no drops is just 'different' and brings a lot of people to PK who normally wouldn't.

exactly. that's also a good day to "train" on monsters too strong for you, tho. or go exploring, mix in suddenly deserted storages, do guild projects, pvp, etc. there are lots of uses for that day. :P

I normally don't (or rarely) PK but yeah, my COL became victim as well. Unequipped all expensive stuff except that already, dissed/tele'd from him right away every time until the one time i missed my dis. Didn't restore hoping to die fast enough but... :(

i was lucky and didn't loose anything (sorry for your crown, tho :( ), for the very reason you mentionned : i kept dying uber quick. that's why i didn't unequip. but now i think about it, it wouldn't make any difference against players who have at least 50 a/d levels more than me. ^^

a last question : does mirror perk/cloak have an effect against the branch ?

(can it reflect its effects as well as damage taken, in other words ? :huh: )

Edited by cayuga

lost only helm in pretty long fight with mufossa.

You were amoung the lucky ones I broke 20+ COLs on no break day +alot of armor and swords LOL i like Branch i will use it always Good Luck :huh:

a last question : does mirror perk/cloak have an effect against the branch ?

(can it reflect its effects as well as damage taken, in other words ? :P )

Thats interesting... If mirror could reflect the effect maybe people will think twice before using a brod. Then again... people like mufossa will probably just spend another bag of RL $ and replace the items. Which is good for Entropies wallet, and is more than fine by me.

*creates an alt character with mirror skin*

Yesterday's No drop Day:

I'm NOT a PKer. Haven't been in KF since I was a newbie :P

So Yesterday I put on some gear, grabbed a steel axe and a tit long and decided to go to the Tahraji desert.

It was empty!!!!!!

My guildies told me in GM to come to KF, that's where all the action was.

I entered through DP. I didn't even last half a minute inside before dieing. The entrance was soooo crowded!!!

I decided to return once I got out of the Underworld.

This time I would enter through VotD. Same story: short fight, dieing.

Then I was feeling DOWNNNN!!! No more PK maps for me.

I decided to check out monstermaps to find out if I could kill "high level" monsters.

My lvls are pretty low and I never killed anything stronger as Phantom Warrior and Armed Gob.

Thanks to this wonderful #DAY found out I can kill (in gear and with weapon): Trolls, Fem Orcs, Unarmed male Orcs, Male Ogres and the very occasional Armed male Orc (though they tend to kill me if I fail restore)

THIS WAS FUN !!!!!!!!!! :)

I'll surely be returning to SKF and the Naralik Cats SOON !!! :)

The point is not the chance to destroy someone's items, but why to try it at all:

I have heard many PKers complain that too few people PK (because of rostos, too expensive, whatever). Yet on non-drop day, where many people who usually do not PK give it a try, some can't resist to wear BRoD.

I don't think this will encourage PKing as an "occupation" that many people share, and I can't understand what is cool about destroying other people's gear. But this is probably a decision the PKers have to make for themselves.

The thing is, without that branch there would be too many 'rare' items in the game. And you can always gang against those using it.

whats the point of that? He must have over 100 rostogol stones (so i heard) so he just comes back...

whats the point of that? He must have over 100 rostogol stones (so i heard) so he just comes back...

I agree if you don' t want ppl to have many armours... why not drop rosto so they loose that armour? the armour will still be ingame but won' t stay at 1 person eternaly... suits me better then some lame ass charbuyer that is destroying my 300K worthy sword or armour... that just sucks.

hyperion

But this is probably a decision the PKers have to make for themselves.

Person who uses Mufossa's char is not a PKer, PKer = Player Killer, pookies is only a Brancher :P

Old Muf trained chara from 120/126 a/d to where it is now( way over 130a/d) that r hunderts milions of exp. He trained up to 18h/day for many months.

Pookies got bored of training after reaching like 70-80 oa after reset, so u see how "pr0 " he is :)

Muf always loved long fights with thermal serp, so im sure he feels realy bad now when pookies gives bad name to that account.

eMPi

I fought mufo for like 3 seconds before I dissed he landed 1 hit did 47 damage on me and the branch hit the shield I was wearing. luckely I was fast enough to diss and get out before he destroyed the armour. but IMHO branch is the lamest weapon ingame.

when fighting a person the change to break an item is high enough as it is, why do you think everybody uses NMT cape, and then there comes the lame branch... BoD isn' t that bad its fun to see 150 hits and its fun fighting ppl with that thing, but the branch? it just sucks.

hyperion

I agree with MP......branch has nothing to do with PK.......you wont score kills with that thing. It just makes ppl diss / run.

BTW: i banned the usage of that gay weap from [NL] guild.

I agree with MP......branch has nothing to do with PK.......you wont score kills with that thing. It just makes ppl diss / run.

Banned usage of it in DIE! as well.

Banned usage of it in DIE! as well.

IIRC there are more guilds who allready did this. but I as a honourable [NL] warrior would support more guilds doing so!.

From the screenies it looks more like 50% not 5% :(

and =hc= doesn't allow our members using branch either

I am guildless.. and will attack all guilds who use branch (JusT, *CO*, PKG, CA$H so far), as well as the monster they train on. Enjoy. :)