Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ambrosius

Branch

Ok look at screeny:

branch03.JPG

This happend in less than 30 secs of fighting.

Result:

1 tit chain degraded, second hit destroyed

1 COL degraded, second hit destoyed

Another COL degraded.

1 moon med destoyed

No way this is 4% chance to hit.......

Anyway, my no drop day is ruined :D

Im not going back in with that lame weapon there.

Im tempted to go and buy one myself and get "revenge" but i wont lower myself to that level.

PK is supposed to be fun...but this just ruins it even more :/

Edited by Ambrosius

Agree, BoD & BRoD are the lamest weapons in game, I wish we could all be united when this stuff became available and just made a deal for no one to buy them.

Anyway, I suspect that there is a bug or something that someone found in the way this thing works (not just BRoD but "breaking someones item") and that they are using it now. I had many situations with persons which names I wont tell that insisted to fight 1vs1 FF and that I bring best armor and thermal serp etc..

Edited by wexy

Ok, i really thought that everyone was just whining, a random function is a random function.

But today i experienced it for myself here is one of the times i fought with mufossa:

brodtx1.jpg

I didn't use a COL, i am 30+ levels lower and have maybe half his p/c. Just to illustrate how long a fight between us takes place. So i can take 10 hits at most before i have to dissengage. 3 out of 10 is not 4%. The fight before that he destroyed 2 items. Call it luck, but i would really check if the chance isn't 40% by mistake. Although you probably have...

-----

edit: I see Nitager posted the same situation.

GREAT movie btw :D

Edited by Nidan

as i explained, fights between me and mufossa don't tend to last very long. It probably wasnt 3 in a row, but 3 in 1 round of fighting anyway.

---

edit:

Ok, i tried once more and got 1 destroyed item in at most 5 hits

Edited by Nidan

Sucks for all those guys whos stuff broke.

I wont enter any no drop anymore, first one was fun (first one), after that it gets lame.

And definetly (spelling) dont enter with good stuff, there is nothing to win anyway.

And I was wondering about the breakage of stuff... Does it goes like this: branch determind that something breaks, and then its go threw whole gear, and randomly chose something (on rate bases). Or does it go over everything each strike. This maybe nice to know for training also, in 1st situation Id keep bone on longer, so that the bone breaks, not something else.

And for the Brod, does the chance counts on every strike or on every hit?

Hope everyone can follow my fricking story.

Well I would say bone of death is OK but branch of destruction is a really stupid weapon. It just ruins peoples ingame life. You work hard for some armor and then someone comes with a branch and destroys all your hard work in a matter of seconds :)

If I got it right the brod has a 4% chance of the succesfull hit to break anything. If that's right I must have been hit about 80 times in less than 15 sec, or had very very bad luck. Lost col and cutlass in my fight. I was also wearing nmt cape, but that might not help on the work of brod.

Edited: coz my math stinks. also adjusted for the 5% chance.

Edited by Panzerfaust

FYI, the chance is not 4%, it is 5%.

Also, here is the formula I am using:

chance=items[item_type].active_weapon_chance;
rnd_nr=my_rand(1000);
if(rnd_nr+chance>1000)
{

If you spot a bug with it, let me know.

The chance for the BOD is 50

In addition to that, the random number generator seems to work just fine:

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 75 and one: 9925

Counting to 10000, treshold of 80, we got zero: 85 and one: 9915

This is from the live server. Can't have a result more ballanced than that.

no matter how random it is it happens to frequently.. i don't doubt ur code or something it's just that it hits too often.

maybe lower the % so it's still random but a little less frequently hitting?