Eternal Lands Official Forums
shallara

Update changes

Made Ring of Massive Mana Destruction, description says it removes 25 mana from opponent.

Ring of Mana Destruction says 20

is there any way to check if the description is wrong? or the damage? without using up all the rings? LOL

Edited by shallara

Made Ring of Massive Mana Destruction, description says it removes 25 mana from opponent.

Ring of Mana Destruction says 20

is there any way to check if the description is wrong? or the damage? without using up all the rings? LOL

The description is wrong, it's 50 points.

I will fix it with the next server restart.

In attempting to test it, I discovered that the mana destruc ring can NOT be used to initiate combat, when i 'used' it, I got the message

"This item has to be used only while in combat!"

and the MMD ring disappeared

Fair warning, expensive mis-click :/

Yes, they can not be used outside of combat.

I fixed the dissapearing bug now, thanks for reporting it. Should take effect at the next server restart, when hopefully we will have the invasions.

Great update entropy, I love it! :)

But I want to talk a little more about thread. I agree with some of you that the exp given is too high and can be devided by 2, 3 or even more. But I also think that making a thread need too many cottons and is too long...

As a manuer, I need a lot of thread to train myself so when I saw that the price of the thread had double, I said to me that it doesn't matter a lot cause we can now build it. But when I saw that I have to spend something like 10 minutes to harvest enough cottons to make only 40 threads, I was very disapointed. :)

So actually, I still prefer buy the thread at the general store even if it's more expansive.

In fact I don't really understand why the thread is so difficult to make and is even more expansive than buying it from shop?

As I'm sure there is one good reason, could you enlighten me?

Thanks

EDIT: oups sorry, blodoks was faster than me to post :P

Edited by Schmurk

I love the new update. I will be making lots of thread so I can get crafting high enough for newer things (although I will need k's of craft XP!)

Ty, Ent.

Lu

Thanks a lot for the great update Roja and Entropy :)

To Lu06:Can you make thread? :(-EDIT: LOL kk I lose :D didn't know that now you can create thread :D

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

TEh Pr0 update;

! neg perk is Pr0 :(

Craftable crowns more Pr0

and new rings sounds vvery very good :D

Great update entropy, I love it! :D

But I want to talk a little more about thread. I agree with some of you that the exp given is too high and can be devided by 2, 3 or even more. But I also think that making a thread need too many cottons and is too long...

As a manuer, I need a lot of thread to train myself so when I saw that the price of the thread had double, I said to me that it doesn't matter a lot cause we can now build it. But when I saw that I have to spend something like 10 minutes to harvest enough cottons to make only 40 threads, I was very disapointed. :(

So actually, I still prefer buy the thread at the general store even if it's more expansive.

In fact I don't really understand why the thread is so difficult to make and is even more expansive than buying it from shop?

As I'm sure there is one good reason, could you enlighten me?

Thanks

EDIT: oups sorry, blodoks was faster than me to post :dry:

So how dividing the amount of cotton by 3 and dividing the amount of exp by 3 is different than not dividing both by 3? I don't get the logic behind this.

dividing exp and cotton needed by 3 will give you 3 thread for the same amount of cotton and exp, thats the only change 3 thread instead of 1, 10 cotton takes quite a while to pick

So how dividing the amount of cotton by 3 and dividing the amount of exp by 3 is different than not dividing both by 3? I don't get the logic behind this.

Dividing both by 3 will be as good as keeping the same equation just increasing the supply. making thread cheaper.

I will think a smaller change like 20% less cotton and 50% less exp may be more appropriate.. Again this will change supply a bit but not so much as by dividing by 3

-Darky

Edited by darky

Yeah, but then we have overproduction again. Especially that the cotton is easy to harvest, no tools needed.

Well threads are used a lot, and I don't think overproduction is bad in this case. It will be like fe, made in tons, and used in tons. No one really has 10k+ of it in storage anyway, and because of lower exp they will not use it to train with. So it will only be made when needed.

Edit: Oh and it's not about tools, but about time when harvesting imo :dry:

Edited by Cycloonx

Yeah, but then we have overproduction again. Especially that the cotton is easy to harvest, no tools needed.

Well threads are used a lot, and I don't think overproduction is bad in this case. It will be like fe, made in tons, and used in tons. No one really has 10k+ of it in storage anyway, and because of lower exp they will not use it to train with. So it will only be made when needed.

Edit: Oh and it's not about tools, but about time when harvesting imo :dry:

Yes I agree, the time taken to make thread is too long...

When one want to train his manu skill, he needs many K of threads so he can't spend such a time making them.

Which is why you can hire newbies to do it for you.

It's not the mixing, but harvesting 10 of those white things I can't remember the name of takes a lot of time. When you need like 1k thread, you need to harvest 10k, you should try it out yourself, harvesting such a lot of stuff takes time. And buying it on market will be impossible because no one will sell 1 for less than 1gc, so you will pay 10gc for a thread.

Edited by Cycloonx

This has been a real nice update for crafters and fighters but... it has slowed down manu leveling to nearly a standstill :)

Having the CoL/CoMs manuable reduces one of the money sinks effect and gives the crafters a nice and easy income. Finally something for them to get a profit off for those hard earned levels :D

Besides the gc they can earn it will make cols more common and people "might" start training in them more often even without a nmt cloak. All good for the crafters/fighters... but lower manu levels might suffer from the thread price rise because they not only lose ings, but lose money selling to trik. If the thread in the shop was say... 1.5gc instead of 2gc... you could just about live with the gc loss. At the moment even if you make 1000/1000 helms without any loss you lose atleast 3.5kgc from the extra added thread value (pofs included).

Yeah, you can make thread from cotton... but with the current formula (10 cotton) it is way too slow to even thing about making them in sufficient amounts to get any "real" levels in crafting. It's real good to kickstart your crafting skill but not very profitable to make it for hours on end. If you wear an exc cloak you can get a max of 3600 cotton hour, including the mix time it takes (~2 sec per mix) it is reduced to a max of 300 thread/hour (assuming 100% succes w.o. any fails). That amount of thread won't get you far, not even close to a level.

Ah well, i just had to point it out... don't take it as bitching just pointing out some small calcs i made :P

Besides the thread and effect it has on manu levels, this update is one of the best ever. All's good for almost everyone

Nook1e

Havent you found out right now, that making ring/med molds and mortar&pestle is manufactuable?

I dont see why leveling manu is slower or a stillstand now.

Piper