Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Make current gloves armor instead of weapon

Make current gloves armor instead of weapon  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Make current gloves armor instead of weapon

• I want them to be armor! (help with defense)
    • I like them as they are now! (keep the current gloves as weapons)

Wouldnt it mean you would have to add an Equip box?

Cloak, Shield, Helm, Medallion, Boots, Body, Pants, Wepon, GLOVES?

that would make the Eqiup 9, not 8?

I Voted for them to be Wepons, I would think the would be extremly accurite but dont hit much? maybe Accuracy +15 Inflicted damage 5-15?

2 cents

,Knight

since the poll is ~94% for defense and ~5% for weapon, why dont we just go ahead and make them defense and end the poll?

we can just re-do the armor ratings to make the leather gloves so where it wont give you as much armor as a wooden shield, id like to see iron chainmail gloves to go along with my plate.

I think this poll ended three years ago.

I was wondering why aren't we able to wear both gloves, and weapons/shields at the same time, and also, why gloves are treated as weapons?

They tried the whole wearing gloves and swords at the same time idea on the test server a while back, but there were invisible sword bugs.

I was wondering why aren't we able to wear both gloves, and weapons/shields at the same time, and also, why gloves are treated as weapons?

They tried the whole wearing gloves and swords at the same time idea on the test server a while back, but there were invisible sword bugs.

They ever fix the bug?

Hey guys,

Ok this is really bugging me that we have leather/chain/steel gloves that are used as weapons instead of armor. I think it makes more sense for them to be armor, and for you to be able to carry a weapon while wearing the gloves.

Now sure, some of these gloves CAN be used as weapons(chain or steel gloves would hurt to get punched with), but overall...they're used for defense.

We WILL have other gloves in the future that will be used for attack, and they will be shown on you when you wear them. So there seems to be almost no point in keeping the current ones as they are, but they are there....

So...I thought I'd make this poll to see what others think of this idea.

Its a good point its really okay for me. The variation of atributes in new swords is really good, new gloves can make the same efect in low levels.

I also voted that they should be part of armor, not weapons. And since the system of what can and can't be equiped at the same time will need adjusting, it seems like the idea of dual wielding may fit well here.

Say for example I dont want a shield.. instead I want to hold 2 serps. That would totally rock. But I would think that some sort of skill be required to wield 2 weapons. It would be dificult to swing them both with accuracy. So maybe this would require a rare book drop to learn dual wielding. Then from there, maybe there would be books for each weapon you wish to dual wield. This would prevent dual wielding of weapons like staffs which would make no sence. So there would be no book for this.

So, I would have to find the "Dual weapon wielding" book and read it. Once I have done this, I need to find the "Dual Serp Wielding" book before I could equip 2 serps. And even then, I think there would need to be an accuracy hit maybe -3 or so as well as a possible defense hit too (since it's obviously a very aggressive move). But then you could get 2 hits per round (or chance for it at least).

I would make the books even more rare than the typical rare book drop.

Just a thought ;)

And even then, I think there would need to be an accuracy hit maybe -3 or so as well as a possible defense hit too (since it's obviously a very aggressive move). But then you could get 2 hits per round (or chance for it at least).

What if you got stats like you were equipping one sword, but you could just hit two times faster? I'd also suggest that both weapons have to be same, not like you could equip BoD and thermal ;)