Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Global advantages

Maybe donate gc/items to Gods priests...

Every month, for example, the Gods send a blessing, depending on the level of gc collected and God... And they could become angry if the amount is insufficient...

The period/effect might vary for each God/amount...

Maybe the blessing is for everybody except worshipers of the opposite God... (but that's not what Teh God wanted :D )...

Or Mortos won't send a plague if his priest is happy enough, or will stop his next invasion, etc...

Aluwen withdraws her solar flares protection over EL until EL people prove they love her...

So the Gods could become more involved in everyone's life, not just provide invasions or quests advantages...

And what with those who are godless or Anti they cant worship a gop or they cant interact with npc they what will do?

Maybe those can pay x2 the gc/item to the gods..

Ok, a quick tie in to the page found HERE

Looking at the gods wheel on that page, perhaps moon phases around draia coincide with the wheel? So 3 gods on one edge are in alignment with the moons phase as it goes around the planet and those 3 give blessings. As for those who went godless/antisocial well, they get their bonus pp's from taking the neg perks so basically I say you took it live with it, you dont like it #reset.

Tie the moon phases into set calendar times on the EL ingame calendar and you get a set plan for bonus blessings that each person can decide if they benefit from donating at that time or not. This can get spun several ways from sunday by the RP element, I have no doubt, but it seems to work on paper (how hard it is putting in practice I can only guess at and i r b glad i aint doing it!)

IMO it seems a more "complete" method of deciding the bonus per god/skill and a rounded way of tying in the gods to the world they hold sway over.

Feel free to toy with this idea or reject it utterly, as usual :D

#Edited typo and added following :-

Future random event triggers for auto invasions could also be related to this method of moon phases, with greater chances of Red Moon invasions during the phase that has Mortos featured in its centre.

Edited by Pyewacket

Hi.

If you want to "move" the economy, think on this suggestions:

1. Tax on storage usage => the storage npc taxes you 1/100000 gc / emu stored a day (is not much for each player, but think the global amount recauded).

2. Tax on emu carried on boats (1/100 gc / emu) when you use a boat you should have the gc necessary or you won't be allowed to use it.

- a newbie could begin the game with 30 gc that will be enough for the NPC quests, because each travel will cost 1gc (if the emu carried dont exceed 100 emu), later they could sell flowers, or food to npc, and the tax is low.

This will give more attractive to teleport rings.

It also is a low cost for each player, but a good global amount

3. Allow the players to be tired (the will have to rest) :-D

- for each day a player dont rest they will consume 10% more food, and they will regain mana at a 10% less speed than normal. at ten days it will no recover mana, and can't make any activity that consumes food (manu, craft, alch, etc). you can also decrease the efective nexuses or attributes (defense reduced, attack reduced, etc, this could change the pk panorama)

NO Potion could evade rest!!!

- the player can only rest in a town or city (in the tavern or in a Inn), and they have to pay. there could be several prices and levels of rest.:

- to only regain rest.

- to regain some level of mana and food.

- to be full of mana and food (this menu includes some potions :-D)

This will become a massive gc drain.

In all three cases you could think on thing to do with that money, but it has no much sense, because it would be usual to pay for this services, no benefit should be derived more than the use of the service.

You also could enhance the storage service, ie: you could pay a higher % to use a bigger storage space (more slots).

PS: i will also like the global tasks ideas, and of course the priest blessings and the religion taxes (in spices or gc)

no offence to the aboe person, but GC can be hard to make and there r already enough GC sinks in the game, summoning and magic drain either GC or time getting the items and threrfor GC. i still love the global tasks tho

Offerings to the gods to increase the frequency of a particular special day?

You could have a simple stat counter, with an NPC that accepts offerings in gold, in exchange for players picking from a menu which "miracle" day they are "praying for".

When the required threshold is reached, the percentage chance of that day happening is temporarily raised to double or triple the usual. It resets back to the normal chance once the day has occurred.

Or, another way of implementing it could be placing that day at the top of a queue, so to speak, so that the next time a random day event occurs, the top position in the queue "hijacks" it and replaces it with the day that has been prayed for.

In any case, you'll have almost infinite competition from all sectors of EL's population to try and get the day they want. And since each day lasts only for 6 hours, and still occurs randomly, the effect is pretty limited.

~Shouja~

EDIT: I just realised Thyralax already posted this idea a page back. Wonder how I missed reading it the first time? :dry:

Edited by Shouja

i do not want to pay for this... this isnt communism i dont want to have to pay for it or be banned, gc taken from storage unwillingly like in collective farms. stuff like that would ruin the experience for me... (my thoughts), if its volenteraly to pay for those who agree with it then that sounds kool and ok :)

Edited by Euric

i do not want to pay for this... this isnt communism i dont want to have to pay for it or be banned, gc taken from storage unwillingly like in collective farms. stuff like that would ruin the experience for me... (my thoughts), if its volenteraly to pay for those who agree with it then that sounds kool and ok :)

i totally agree... that is why these global building projects need to be totally voluntary...

Edited by DuN

I think many of the people totally missunderstood the concept.

The idea is to provide some global advantages, not to tax players.

They probably misunderstood the whole communism thing. But for this will you be charging all the players a small amount, for something they dont want? Or will it be donate if you want , and we reach a certain amount we can have this.I totally do not understand what we have to do.

Ok, I didn't express myself clearly.

No one will have to donate anything, it is totally voluntary.

I think it was clear enough in your first post when you said :

Will you contribute to those global things? And keep in mind that everyone will be affected, not only those who paid.

People just can't believe it means what they read. Anyway ...

I was about to suggest the idea of paying for storage. Clmates was faster. Taxes on boat travels sounds good too. And remember that in the middle-ages you had to pay to enter big cities or walk through a bridge.

Maybe that will occur in your "player made cities".

Agree with the global advantage (although my char is quite poor) and progressive invasion suggestions.

Can't wait to have more time (that is even a minute) to get back to play !!

Edited by Sildegaar

I'm not entirely sure what the aim of this is. Is it to provide a new feature (or, features?) or is it a pathway to helping the economic situation?

(I think it's about time storage NPCs started charging :ph34r: )

Sorry placid, wouldn't that be like my bank charging me for leaving my money in there? atm, they pay me! (ok, it's a measly 0.15% interest, but that's not the issue here!)

I just hope my bank manager didn't see your post!

Edit: forgot % sign :P

Edited by EaglePrince

They pay you because they make money off what you store though. Don't think that'll be the case with storage NPCs unless they start giving out loans and using your stored stuff to do it...

On the other hand, storage places DO charge you to store your stuff. (I'm talking about those places where you rent a storage unit.)

As for the global warning system, I voted for the middle on all of them. I don't think it should be too cheap, nor too expensive.

Edited by Tanyia

Why do everyone (or at least some people) want taxes so much? Don't you have enough of them in the real world? Ent said all contributions are going to be voluntary, and I prefer them to be like that.

Paying for more storage space is fine with me (either on global or personal level) but I say no to any kind of taxes.

My Thoughts on Possible Global Advantages

[Prologue]

The following suggestions should in no way be construed as criticisms or complaints. I dearly love Eternal Lands and will continue playing well into the future regardless if any of these suggestions are accepted and implemented or dismissed out of hand.

[suggestions]

01) Make all potions stackable. Changing the emu to 5 per for currently non-stackable potions would be fine.

02) Implement a magic spell timer for spells currently ‘on’ icon. Something similar to the ‘cool down’ clock either on the spell cast icon itself or the shortcut icon.

03) Implement animal/monster training pits. For those of us that either cannot find a training partner or simply do not wish to train on PK maps, a map with monster training pits (having either a user-selectable animal/monster or with a set opponent) could be created on each continent. These pits could be multi-attack and have from 2-20 opponents but no drops of any kind. They would be strictly for training attack and defense skills. An entire map could be filled with pits in which different (or multiples of the same) animal/monsters could live.

04) Implement a toggle able option to “Auto pickup loot bag”. This would make invasions and normal fighting easier if the winner not only moved onto the loot bag, but also was able to auto pick it up. If this was not wanted (for whatever reason) the player could simply toggle it off in the options menu.

05) Recommend having all skills and/or nexus be granted either by a quest, a book, or payment in gc in lieu of using those ever increasingly valuable pick points.

06) Recommend modifying the current human nexus requirements for weapons and armor (should suggestion 5 not be acceptable) to something like the following:

WEAPONS..........ARMOR............NEXUS REQ’D

Wood................Leather....................0

Iron..................Iron.........................1

Steel.................Steel Chain..............2

Titanium............Titanium Chain.........3

New Swords.......Iron Plate.................4

Magical (Old)......Steel Plate...............5

Magical (New).....Titanium Plate..........6

*Reserved*........Magical Armor..........7

07) Recommend modifying the gc drop table to remove the possibility of receiving a zero gc drop and align the gc drop with the monster in question. All gear and/or item drops (except the rare specials that cannot be manufactured) could be removed as compensation for increased gc drops. This would also serve to stimulate the economy. As an example:

MONSTER RANGE.................GC DROP RANGE

Below Unarmed Goblin..................1-20

Goblin to Gargoyles.....................30-50

Phantom Warriors to Orcs............60-80

Troll to Ogres.............................90-110

Armed Orcs..............................120-140

Cyclops....................................150-170

Fluffy Rabbits............................180-200

Chimeran Wolf - Desert.............210-230

Chimeran Wolf - Forest..............240-260

Chimeran Wolf - Mountain..........270-290

Chimeran Wolf - Artic................300-320

Yeti..........................................330-350

Giant........................................360-380

08) Last, but certainly the most capable of reducing the gc pool in game, would be to allow ‘redeeming’ negative perks for gc. A buy-back program if you will. No need to reset if the player can ‘try’ a negative perk and see if it feasible to continue. If it does not work out the player could then buy-back the negative perk with gc. The player would ‘lose’ the perk, but retain the pick points (similar to the new Scotty perk). This could only be accomplished once so high-level (i.e. wealthy) players could not constantly re-buy negative perks and redeem them for the pick points. As an example:

NEGATIVE PERK.........BUY-BACK VALUE

Scotty...............................300K

Power Hungry....................300K

I Can’t Dance....................500K

Gelatine Bones..................600K

Godless............................800K

Hellspawn..........................1M

Antisocial...........................1M

[Epilogue]

Again, just some ideas I have been considering. Not meant to be criticisms or complaints. I believe the EL team has done an amazingly fantastic job on this wonderful adventure. Thank you for the opportunity to make these suggestions.

2) Implement a magic spell timer for spells currently ‘on’ icon. Something similar to the ‘cool down’ clock either on the spell cast icon itself or the shortcut icon.

I love the sound of this and its actually something I suggested too. Almost sorta like a timer where you can tell when a certain affect is wearing off. Should work with Potion of Evasion/Accuracy too

5) Having a 'quest', reading a book will be a great way to get pernament nexuses. I can see this happening to free up pps. No one will complain to new quests either.

6) Its not just human nexus that needs modification. I think the animal nexus needs a fixerupper too. Reasons too obvious to state here.

3) Monster Pits would be great for training indeed. I really like that idea.

4) Autopickup. Thats a really useful feature. Although I would say it should be off by default and you can put it on. And maybe a way to record what you picked up, so its easy to return a buddies Deathbag.

5) Skills and Nexus for special work. Maybe something more in depth like Manu God. You need to get info about it, and do a whole lot of Manu quests but then you get the starting skills and can manufacture Leather Pants for example?

8) Redeeming neg perks. That sounds too good. But what about you have to give back the pp you gained with the perk AND have to pay a large sum ?(or and other payment) Like, if you want to get rid of powerhungry you woul have to have 3 free pp, and once you get rid of the perk it subtracts those 3 pp and you are at 0 again.