Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Global advantages

After this next update, almost all the skills (but magic) are more or less complete.

So I want to focus on a new concept, called "global work".

The idea is simple: All the players will have to donate some gold (or perhaps other things as well) in order to obtain a collective advantage.

I have two ideas so far:

1. Donate a certain amount of something to an NPC, and the hour harvest limit will be increased by this many harvests.

2. Advanced warning system for auto invasions (working on it). The idea is that there will be some random, server controlled invasions which will extend if not all the monsters are killed. For example, a number of monsters will spawn in the new cave. If not killed within a timeframe (a few minutes) then they will spawn in the gold mine. If not killed, they will spawn in VOTD. The advanced warning system will announce players in advance, perhaps 2-3 minutes, so the fighters can get their gear, and the non fighters can evacuate.

Such an advanced warning system will also cost money so the players will have to pay for it, every real life month.

I need more ideas like this, and I want to know what do you guys think. Are you interested? Will you contribute to those global things? And keep in mind that everyone will be affected, not only those who paid.

So, let's hear suggestions.

P.S. Please try to come up with resonable suggestions, things that can be implemented.

i like the ideas, a "spreading" invasion would be cool. and i like the advanced notice system, id pay in some to it. and paying to increase harvesting exp per hour sounds good to me

No offense but it sounds a little like communism, i mean everyone gets the rewards not everyone has to pay, some people will sit back and wait for others to pay and reap the rewards, unless of course you HAVE to pay then it's like taxes, which might be good but a lotta people wont be able to pay....

Edited by guidera

I love the idea of it, and it will be a great economy drain, both in gc and surplus items held in storage :)

Would a good idea be like for like harvest experience - if you give 120 silver ore you can harvest 120 silver ore in the next hour - a possible twist being you need 240 if you use an exc cape..

/Edit: This is LabRat, she's logged on on my PC again :P

Edited by Michelle_F

I think it's a great idea. Maybe for every 10gc you can harvest 1 more item per hour.

And also, maybe you could pay 1K and get 30% more exp for a hour.

No offense but it sounds a little like communism, i mean everyone gets the rewards not everyone has to pay, some people will sit back and wait for others to pay and reap the rewards, unless of course you HAVE to pay then it's like taxes, which might be good but a lotta people wont be able to pay....

Well, duh! It is in the spirit of the communism.

I like the auto invasion's, and the early warning system, sounds great. the increased harvest exp sounds neat, will be interesting to see how it used or if it's abused.

I love the idea of it, and it will be a great economy drain, both in gc and surplus items held in storage :)

Would a good idea be like for like harvest experience - if you give 120 silver ore you can harvest 120 silver ore in the next hour - a possible twist being you need 240 if you use an exc cape..

/Edit: This is LabRat, she's logged on on my PC again :P

As I was saying, it will be for everyone, and the payments will be collective. It will also be long term, not just an hour.

I'm not entirely sure what the aim of this is. Is it to provide a new feature (or, features?) or is it a pathway to helping the economic situation?

(I think it's about time storage NPCs started charging :P)

I have an idea, not for sure if it would work but i noticed players like to hire other players for hitmens to kill other players. I heard a good idea or at least to me. Make another channel for bounties and wanted players. So that way channel 3 wont be over runned by players asking if they can hire this player to kill this one. I dont know just something i thougth was cool. :P

I like the advance warning system. Now, how much are we talking here? That's the question. Nothing wrong with a bit of a commune, but I don't wanna pay a pile for a bunch of jerks to get xp for free. :P

This is a little bit of a stretch, but perhaps some of it could be useful.

How about setting up a Tax NPC who operates something like the Wandering Fool, but approaches a PC and demands they remit a tax (that can be deducted from their Storage)... nothing huge, say 1-10gp... The money is used in turn to offer discounts from NPC's for items, you could rotate which shops would offer the discount either by type (Book Seller, Magic Shop, etc.) or by Geographical location. All of which could either be announced globally, or only when you walk into the NPC's store.

I used to play another (to remain un-named) game that allowed global building projects.

The devs would put something like a claim stake in the ground and it would say what would be built and how many resources it would take. An NPC would then be placed there to recieve the MILLIONS of resources needed to build the item.

New areas oe short cuts to existing areas could also be opened up by building "tunnels" (again an NPC collecting items)

I used to play another (to remain un-named) game that allowed global building projects.

The devs would put something like a claim stake in the ground and it would say what would be built and how many resources it would take. An NPC would then be placed there to recieve the MILLIONS of resources needed to build the item.

New areas oe short cuts to existing areas could also be opened up by building "tunnels" (again an NPC collecting items)

Actually, I had that idea myself... But it will take quite some time to implement that, because I want to do it in a more elegant way.

Actually, I had that idea myself... But it will take quite some time to implement that, because I want to do it in a more elegant way.

i definately like this idea, this game just keeps getting better and better.

edit: and i really like how this above idea, and the previous mentioned ones actually get the comunity working together

Edited by Happy_G

Perhaps an npc like Joker can be appearing around. The people that find him gets x2 amount of exp. every hour.meanwhile as Entropy said the others can to pay/give items to an npc for it.

Hm...here are some ideas.

Maybe have storage NPCs have a chance for a new option. They pick a random item from your storage, and ask you if they can have it (or all of it depending on the quantity or item). If enough people give him items, storage capacity is increased at that continent's storage.

Enough kills of a specific monster spawn will cause a second one of those monsters to appear in that spawn now.

I don't know what event could be used, but something could trigger a new NPC to appear (maybe one like Trik on c2 that can buy the new weapons/armor/medallions)

Joker is found so many times, that he will have a chance at giving away a new prize now.

Edited by Acelon

How about, as opposed to invasions, there are "infestations" of minor monsters which are easily killed, but their db offer something a little more substantial than normal?

I like the idea of global donations. If I understood correctly it would work like that: a new NPC (or a few) will appear and collect gc/things, then for example for every 100k (or whatever) gc collected number of harvests per hour increase by 1 for everyone (forever or for 1 month, week etc....), or NPC starts collecting things like 100k coal, 100k iron, silver... or other ingredients then something new appears in el. Interesting idea and great gc/items sink.

Auto invasions - interesting idea as well, but I think they shouldn't be too frequent (no more than once a week imho) or they'll become a nuisance rather than entertainment.

I like the idea of global donations. If I understood correctly it would work like that: a new NPC (or a few) will appear and collect gc/things, then for example for every 100k (or whatever) gc collected number of harvests per hour increase by 1 for everyone (forever or for 1 month, week etc....), or NPC starts collecting things like 100k coal, 100k iron, silver... or other ingredients then something new appears in el. Interesting idea and great gc/items sink.

Auto invasions - interesting idea as well, but I think they shouldn't be too frequent (no more than once a week imho) or they'll become a nuisance rather than entertainment.

There will be a certain sum, say, 500Kgc, and for this sum everyone will get 10 more harvests/hour. There wont be increments, like pay 100K get one point, pay 200Kc get two points, etc.

As for the invasions, yes, there will be some random chance each hour. Something like maybe 1%.