Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Artwork Updates

There will be 4 main bow types: long, short, recurve, and crossbow..with different "flavors" of all of them :wub:

Sounds sweet! Different types of arrows, as well? And I guess they will all fall in the manufacturing skill, right?

Rehdon

:pickaxe: Need I say more?

Bows & Arrows

:w00t:

One word struck my mind immediately...

OMG! :w00t: thats awesome Roja! Gj :icon13:
Oh now that is awesome :w00t:
Looks awsome, cant wait for this thing being implented :icon13: .

Looks like it has been said already. :happy:

Bows and arrows are terrific. I can't wait to try them out.

One question though -- the bow arm, the one that holds the bow -- that should really be straight, not bent at the elbow, I think. I found some photos of RL archers in the stance. It's a lot more sideways to the torso, not aimed out in front of the body.

http://www.shandoncountrypursuitsltd.co.uk...erygallery.html

http://www.pbase.com/dannyc/archery

http://www.allterrainwales.com/images/photos/archery_03.jpg

Edited by peino

The pictures linked to by peino also show the right-handed use of bow (left hand) and arrow (right hand). :pickaxe:

(Swords are also wielded in the right hand.)

The pictures linked to by peino also show the right-handed use of bow (left hand) and arrow (right hand). :icon13:

(Swords are also wielded in the right hand.)

I checked with the 5 archers in my family - 2 of them lefthanded, they say it's not if you are right/left handed, but what eye you use and most people use right eye.

Look forward to get them in game :pickaxe:

Edited by Zamirah

May I inquire, will there be bows for right-handers? :pickaxe:

If we don't have left/right hand options for swords, etc, why would we for bows? Obviously the answer is no.

:pickaxe: Awesome :icon13:

I presume that the bows are two handed weapons, and the quiver goes in the medallion slot? Is an equipped quiver necessary in order to use a bow?

Lol, so exciting, so many questions :icon13:

cool! will they use attk skill or will they have their own skill you have to train up? and will they be expensive or will any player be able to get their hands on one?

also any ider how far they'l go?

Edited by thelethalmoo

cool! will they use attk skill or will they have their own skill you have to train up? and will they be expensive or will any player be able to get their hands on one?

also any ider how far they'l go?

It will be it's own skill. As for the other questions, you'll have to wait and see.

I love it!

But, of course, a couple technical points since archery was my undergrad PE elective (go liberal arts schools!):

1. I imagine that this image is during the "hold" (the second or two during full draw), so her right arm should be straighter.

2. The bowstring has to come up to her face so her thumb is just under her jaw.

Also (on a personal note), I think finger guards look pretty badass. Could she wear one?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see Peino's sites. Here's another as well:

http://www.stavacademy.co.uk/mimir/archeryessentials.htm

Scroll about half way down for stances.

Edited by sygon

I have another question, but maybe it's not appropriate here. Oh well -- when are these going to be implemented, and will it be an update to the current client or another client?

I have another question, but maybe it's not appropriate here. Oh well -- when are these going to be implemented, and will it be an update to the current client or another client?

Another client of course!

Terrific. That means I won't be able to play with the arrows, or any other part of EL, because apparently, my video driver is already at the very limit of being able to run EL at all (with Poor Man on and all other elective features off). And updating video drivers in Macs is not as obvious (or it seems easily affordable) as in PCs. And as I have been trying to budget for an entire new computer system for my art studio (several 1000 dollars being raised; no flexibility to spend money on interim expenses), I was really hoping not to lose EL altogether before I could buy that.

But if this is going to happen soon (if people are talking about this January when they gossip about a "January update") then I will be out of EL.

Great.

Terrific. That means I won't be able to play with the arrows, or any other part of EL, because apparently, my video driver is already at the very limit of being able to run EL at all (with Poor Man on and all other elective features off). And updating video drivers in Macs is not as obvious (or it seems easily affordable) as in PCs. And as I have been trying to budget for an entire new computer system for my art studio (several 1000 dollars being raised; no flexibility to spend money on interim expenses), I was really hoping not to lose EL altogether before I could buy that.

But if this is going to happen soon (if people are talking about this January when they gossip about a "January update") then I will be out of EL.

Great.

I don't think that there are any major graphic changes coming up like the last two updates... just mainly bug fixes and the archery of course :hug:

I don't think that there are any major graphic changes coming up like the last two updates... just mainly bug fixes and the archery of course :hug:

It doesn't matter. Last client update, it took 2+ full weeks of failing to download it followed by someone mailing me the client on disk, and a team of people volunteering tech support, and even so, I can barely run it. In addition to my system being at its limit, so is my time and my emotional balance.

I don't think that there are any major graphic changes coming up like the last two updates... just mainly bug fixes and the archery of course :D

It doesn't matter. Last client update, it took 2+ full weeks of failing to download it followed by someone mailing me the client on disk, and a team of people volunteering tech support, and even so, I can barely run it. In addition to my system being at its limit, so is my time and my emotional balance.

:) Hopefully those people will all be there to help you again, hang in their pei.. just think of all the time you'll have to write without EL distracting you :laugh:

You have to be around for the AWESOME (thats the official word for them it seems.... ) bows and arrows :hehe:

Edited by Enly

There will be 4 main bow types: long, short, recurve, and crossbow..with different "flavors" of all of them :pickaxe:

Sounds sweet! Different types of arrows, as well? And I guess they will all fall in the manufacturing skill, right?

Rehdon

Man, i can't wait for these!! and then you can fire at giants from the walls!! WOOT.... hopefully some poisoned arrows, or even flaming arrows ( i think it would be pretty kool, adding for fire damage ect )

i guess i better start saving for books....

So i have a quick question, since this is going to be a new skill..... are the archery ranges around the game going to be " Archery schools " where target practice helps build your skill lvls?? BTW that would so ROCK!!!

BTW i sure hope it is manu skill to make these......

There will be 4 main bow types: long, short, recurve, and crossbow..with different "flavors" of all of them :pickaxe:

Rehdon

Man, i can't wait for these!! and then you can fire at giants from the walls!! WOOT.... hopefully some poisoned arrows, or even flaming arrows ( i think it would be pretty kool, adding for fire damage ect )

i guess i better start saving for books....

So i have a quick question, since this is going to be a new skill..... are the archery ranges around the game going to be " Archery schools " where target practice helps build your skill lvls?? BTW that would so ROCK!!!

BTW i sure hope it is manu skill to make these......

Maybe it will be the archery skill to make and do :icon13:

Maybe it will be the archery skill to make and do :P

Oh really??? I thought archery was going to be the third fighting skill (besides attack and defense), what an interesting development ...

Rehdon