Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Artwork Updates

Is there any plans to introduce Surcoats to the EL shop or tailoring skill, imo be a nice addition to the medievel theme.

and for those who are Surcoat ??? lol its the item worn over the armour

surcoat1_sm.jpg

10/25/07

And the last art update before The Update...Black Dragon Armor!

Now, before you ask why "where are the dragon scales?!?", let me tell you. There will be many different dragons of different colors, and if I was to make dragon scale armor each time, it'd get pretty redundant fast-there's only so many variations of that I can do. So I thought I'd go with making a different style of armor for each dragon color. The scales are ground up and mixed into the metal :P

High Resolution texture pic

In Game Screenshot

(also, not sure if those "gloves" are going in or not, so I left them outta the screenshot).

p.s. we will have santa hats :)

Nice armour :P

one slight thing and that might be the way im seeing it.. but the helmet does look too big/oversized in the ingame screenshot

I'm glad you guys like it :P

one slight thing and that might be the way im seeing it.. but the helmet does look too big/oversized in the ingame screenshot

Well it's not, that's actually due to the in-game perspective. Even without the helmet on, the head will appear oversized because of perspective. If you switch to isometric view, the head will look a little too small even. It's a no win :P You'd have to have the camera angeled in such a way and in such a perspective that relates to RL to see things look their "correct" sizes..such as eye level.

The new armor is nice, but I wonder if it's possible to make armor with neck protection (cause we haven't got one yet).

Take a look at this one.

the black dragon armor looks closest to that, but remember, the more protection you get, the more you sacrifice movement. jousting armor was meant to make knight and horse into a kind of galloping tank. in the photo you see how it immobilizes the knight's arm. hard to move the head/neck in that too. since we're not jousting on horseback, i'd rather keep free head movement.

since we're not jousting on horseback, i'd rather keep free head movement.

Who says we won't when that armor is added? There is always hope :)

horsepc3.gif

Edited by ville-v

I'm glad you guys like it :)

Well it's not, that's actually due to the in-game perspective. Even without the helmet on, the head will appear oversized because of perspective. If you switch to isometric view, the head will look a little too small even. It's a no win :evilgrin: You'd have to have the camera angeled in such a way and in such a perspective that relates to RL to see things look their "correct" sizes..such as eye level.

So its my wonky eye then ... :) thought so :) lol great armour though

edit: any chance of dragon armour shields to match ?

Edited by conavar

The new armor is nice, but I wonder if it's possible to make armor with neck protection (cause we haven't got one yet).

Take a look at this one.

the black dragon armor looks closest to that, but remember, the more protection you get, the more you sacrifice movement. jousting armor was meant to make knight and horse into a kind of galloping tank. in the photo you see how it immobilizes the knight's arm. hard to move the head/neck in that too. since we're not jousting on horseback, i'd rather keep free head movement.

Ok, maybe the jousting armor isn't the best example, but what I meant is the "collar". Look here, each type of plate armor has it. Without the collar it's fairly easy to get decapitated..

Ok, maybe the jousting armor isn't the best example, but what I meant is the "collar". Look here, each type of plate armor has it. Without the collar it's fairly easy to get decapitated..

True. But the bucket helmet (sorry, Roja), might help with that, too.

I guess I'm not that hung up on medieval realism. I've always been content with good old aug leather, because I figure if iron and leather were good enough for the legions of Rome, they're good enough for me. But that black armor is just so sexy. If I have to get decapitated, let it be in that armor. :unsure:

About a "collar", if it fit in with a design I'd make it.

wowie! I just got my design for the next helmet!

http://www.ksmok.w3.pl/galeria/pictures/sr...ges/arms_05.jpg

:unsure:

About a "collar", if it fit in with a design I'd make it.

wowie! I just got my design for the next helmet!

http://www.ksmok.w3.pl/galeria/pictures/sr...ges/arms_05.jpg

:w00t:

oh jesus christ lol :D

Anyways. overall i like the black dragon armor. its something.. new..

But i have to say it looks a wee bit too plain.. i mean the other high lvl armors had some ornaments or

drawings on it. and this ones just plain metal with some screws in it o_0

The Highres Pictures actually looked pretty nice to me but the ingame screenshot was.. a bit dissappointing.

I can imagine how hard it is to think about that stuff and i respect your ideas alot :)

Keep up the good work :icon13:

edit: any chance of dragon armour shields to match ?

Maybe in the future, I don't know right now.

The Highres Pictures actually looked pretty nice to me but the ingame screenshot was.. a bit dissappointing.

I probably should show you guys high res images of the other armors too :icon13:

But yeah, the quality always gets downgraded quite a lot. I know this isn't the fanciest armor, and I do think perhaps I should have made it more embellished for a "dragon armor" set. But I didn't have much time, and what's done is done for now. I'm pretty happy with it, also can't please everyone :w00t:

hard to please the poser :D:D

Well didnt wanted to say i dont like it ^^ im always happy to see new stuff coming in which i can collect :)

I can just use it as my ninja outfit :icon13::w00t: