Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Artwork Updates

9/15/2006

Started to fix up the house textures that looked like crap. I can't really change the models for 2 reasons: 1. We'd have to fix up all the maps, and in some cases that means make big changes. 2. The only way to really fix them to look nicer is to add more polygons and MORE textures, and that's never a good idea in a game like this.

So I just fixed up the existing textures to look nicer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...setextures1.jpg

In answer to your questions:

1. Never ask me when something will be in the game.

2. Yes we can use the auto update feature for some of this material, but generally I don't like to do that, and instead wait for a client update.

3. No the white horns are not in the game now.

Maybe someones job should just be to keep cleaning up textures and objects? So you can have some more time to do more updates.(Let me rephrase that, I mean like 100% new like new Monsters and Weapons models and all that good stuff.) Everything looks great so far. :D

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Nice. It's the little details that make all the difference.

I like:

• - the visible mortar
    - doorframes
    - specular 3D look for doorknobs
    - better inset look for window panes

This will help. Good work given the constraints.

:D

Nice work on textures Roja... day by day EL graphics are become realy better... i wonder when we will be able to have more zoom out in screen.... and a more flexible camera movements up and down!!!

GJ!!!!

10/7/2006

Lately I've been doing a lot of map fixing and object fixing work, so nothing too exciting. The new maps & map retouching work will continue on until the update almost, so I will mainly be working on that. But I do have a few new cool things that I will do inbetween all that. And here's one of them, a Bronze sword:

Bronze sword

Bronze! Love it, looks spot on. I'm looking forward to some classical bronze armour, it would suit me (though I probably wouldn't be able to move!)

FYI:

• A bronze sword will dent an iron sword, its a harder material.
  • Bronzer items, swords, are cast rather than forged. "Pulling the sword from the (casting) stone" may be the source of that part of the Arthurian legend.
  • Bronze is lighter than iron, but casting isn't as effective as forging, so swords are thicker.
  • The advantage of iron over bronze is forged weapons, better tensile strength, can be made longer (primary combat advantage).
  • Suggestion: Bronze items have lower breakage than iron or steel, but cannot be repaired (don't have a damaged state). Great bronze swords become family heirlooms.
  • Suggestion: Bronze items are more easily enchanted than iron; bronze is an ancient metal used in mythical times, iron has a reputation as a magic inhibitor (cold iron).

Nice work Roja! :)

I always try be more honest than nice...

I like almost all things what you done, changes are really great but i don't like only one thing... trees.

New tree is great, but i don't like this changes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...eforeafter2.jpg

Mostly second and third tree. Why? Becouse after changes they are poorly, try do more leafs on it, should look really better after that.

The update today is not a downloadable one, so no.

Textures can be delivered through an auto-update, so technically it would be possible.

Obviously you haven't played enough to realize new items are added all the time w/ server updates :)

Edited by Acelon

Very nice Work!!!

Ure doing a great job here!!!

Congratz roja!

PS: can u tell us if it will be stronger then tit stuff??? im realy very curious about it