Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxbot

Standing/siting?

Umm... my bot had a script that would make it move, and I disabled it. But it still has it's stand/sit modes... do I need to disable that too? Or is it ok?

Thanks!

If your bot is a trade bot then standing up will help with finding it in a crowd.

If your bot just chats, there is no real point to it standing up or sitting down on command, just make it sit permanently.

Yeah, we have all seen bots that #dance, #sit and #stand will be useful for that.

If your bot is a trade bot then standing up will help with finding it in a crowd.

If your bot just chats, there is no real point to it standing up or sitting down on command, just make it sit permanently.

Yeah, we have all seen bots that #dance, #sit and #stand will be useful for that.

Thanks B)

Another quick question...

What do I do if my GM tells my bot to beam? LOL

And also, can my bot join a guild while it's a bot, or should I do it now?

THANKS!

you cannot use your bot after it has become a bot, this means it must be whatever level and whatever stats it was at the time you submit your application and it has been accepted. This means you should level it up to a level acceptable to join a guild BEFORE you make it an official bot. Wether it is in your guild or not does not really matter, you can have your bot join or change guilds if you really want but your bot cannot level at all, if it does it will be banned and/or deleted (it has happened).

Only bots that have been given permission can go to IP so DO NOT ALLOW YOUR GUILD TO BEAM YOUR BOT. it is not really a good idea to have everyone in your guild allow you to beam and if you put a local chat backdoor make shure only you can use it.

Ok, yeah, Kollin is level 20 harvest :rolleyes:

And my guild can't control him, only the guild master and I. But still, would it be best if I blocked the beam function?

Thanks.

But still, would it be best if I blocked the beam function?
do you think there'd ever be a valid reason to make your bot beam? (as opposed to doing it while logged in to that account, if you get permission to visit storage, etc)

as an admin function it is useful to have a console backdoor, for my bot it is #cmd string to local, so i can '#cmd #accept name' to accept people into the guild but i don't see the point of haveing a command that beams a bot especially since only bots with permission are allowed to go there.

Well, my bot has a function that makes it talk (e.g. /Kollin say ) (and yes, it is admins only) and if someone types #beam me then Kollin would say #beam me and then Kollin beams...

So, I disabled it ;)

This way, Kollin won't beam.

BTW... is it ok that Kollin can talk when I tell him to? I'm using it for #gm, or maybe on guild channel.

Edited by Jaxbot