Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joeseph

Goblin War

The Elven warrior sat on a log by the fire, the flames licking the night sky. He knew the Goblins were waiting at the edge of the wood. The small amount of elven soldiers he commanded was easily out-numbered by the massive Goblin army.

The tension in the Elven camp was high. A break of a branch set off a number of swords bieng unseathed. The warriors senses were alert. He should be resting for the coming battle, but sleep failed to fall upon him.

He walked to a nearby tree, leaned up against it and looked up at the night sky. He heard something rustling in the bushes. I hope that isnt one of those damn Goblins. Walking closer, he heard the sound of metal. He unseathed his sword and croutched, sneaking toward the mysterious rustle. Goblin menace! reveal yourselves or have your blood on my blade!

A small Goblin youngling fell to the ground, apparently starving. It had killed a rabbit, trying to find some food. What in blazes are you doing?

The goblin child replied The army, they took my father away. They made him fight. Now my mommie and i are poor. I search for food in the forest.

The warrior gave the youngling some food and gold. Go back to your home, tell your mother to hide away, for there is a war.

After the child left, the warrior looked into the forest. He stared at every gnarled tree trunk, at every leaf looking enviously green. A wistling seemed to catch his ear. It wasnt a loud wistle, but a faint one. The sound was like something moving at dangerously high speeds.

He ducked suddenly, hearing the thump of an arrow onto the tree. MAKE YOURSELVES READY ELVES! THE WAR IS UPON US!

Walking through the forest, a young elf known only as Flea was searching for traces of the large group of his race he had been tracking for the last week. Seeing fires in the distance, he assumed it would be their camp, and cautiosly approached. The sound of clashing metal made him hurry, however, and as soon as saw the goblins he whipped out his bow and started firing into their midst. Seeing an elf that appered to be the leader, he slowly made his way through the mele fighting off goblins with his dagger. As he finaly made it to him, he whipped his bow out again and yelled,"You've sure got yourself into a fix!"

((OOC ugh, I havent done this in forever. I feel out of practice))

Darkness! finally the curssed sun is gone! sunlight is so evil! hurts my eyes.. Hungry.. I look down the hill to the encampment of evil elfs, the campfires casting flickering shadows, among the trees..evil elfs will have food! they have all the good food!

Soon we will attack..i don't like to fight.

but food!

Ugggh! something hits me hard in the side! looking up i see Commander Bob."get ready, we will atack them soon!" he snarls and moves off cuffing and kicking as he goes through the ranks.

I rub my brusied ribs.. maybe after we kill these elfs, Bob will let me go back home.. my wife and child must be hungry too..

The call sounds! I am pushed out into the night, down the hill twords the evil elfs! I hope they have food i'm hungry.

((OOC: what great RPing joeseph, it makes me want to play a part in it too, but I havent done this in FOREVER so its gonna be a small one even though im no elf. :)))

Unorganized volleys of arrows could be heard peircing the night sky onto the small force of elves. Ziras, a young haughty elf was under his sheild sidestepping away from where he felt an arrow might fall. He saw an elf much older than he was; firing his own arrows towards the direction that the goblins were in and occasionally catching aa incoming goblin arrow in mid-air and firing it back at his foes. The young elf Ziras decided he could do that "little trick" that the old-timer could do too and with all the confidence he had he put down his sheild, pulled out his bow and waited for an arrow to fall his way. Then, it happend. An arrow was shot down towards him. He reached to catch it as the old-timer did. He caught it... with his chest. He did not see it as something that could kill him. To him, it was merely a twig. But he all too quickly felt its goblin poison begin working on him. Although it did not work fast enough because the goblins charged the force of elves. Ziras, being at the front of the camp where the attack began, was cut down by the advancing goblins.

((Im out of "shape" to, so dont feel bad. :P ))

Flea saw a young elf try to catch an arrow. The Foolishness of the young hurt the elfs most, because of the tiny birthrate, so watched with horrer as the other side of the arrow was vissible. He watched in furry as the orcs cut him down, and whipped as many orcs as he could for that death. The battle of his kinsman fired his fighting blood, and soon the orcs figured out charging him wasnt good for their physican health. Turning around, though, he saw the orcs had surrounded the camp. The night would be a long one.

A human suddenly came into the picture. Appearing from the back of the camp, opposite the goblins, he had to catch up with the elven warriors. He ran as hard us he could, but he had to wait to catch a breath. While he did that he realized he was behind the heat of the battle; he had to gain energy before he made his attack.

The ones who saw him at first saw that he was wearing a blue cloak, although there was a mist of evil was around him. He came over to the orcs and placed two stones down on the ground. Suddenly, the summoner was raised into the air by a shining blue light and all around him, the elves, the orcs, and the remaining goblins, realized that this summoner now had two little white rabbits beside him. The goblins mocked in stupidity, but the orcs realized the creatures this man summoned were higher in power than them. The orcs had to make a plan!

The summoner went over to the men and said, "My name is Sedos Indra. I am here to help, but we have to go ahead and fight our hearts out before the monsters fight back. Let us hurry!"

((My first actual RP post...I hope it was ok.))

Edited by FireEmblem8

((It was great! ;) ))

Flea was observing this mysterious man who had come and summoned the fluffy rabits. He did not fully trust him, as there was an arora of evil surronding him. Possibly a servent of selain he thought, If I survive this battle I must tell the high preist of Allwen of this man. "Hello, one with knowledge of the summoning arts. Send your summons into battle, and see if we fair better than we would otherwise." He sniped two goblins that were standing away from the group, and all the sheilds were placed in a defencive formation for both sides, deffending all who stayed behind them.

Edited by flea

"My beautiful rabbits, rid the orcs of their being, I will protect help the elven warriors fight the goblins, try to take care of the orcs." Sedos commanded.

I hope the rabbits don't need more reinforcements...

"Sir Knight...I hope your men aren't the aggresive type...the defenses won't last too long. If you would like me to leave, I will, but I want to be useful somehow. Give me your commands." Sedos said, with violence in his eyes.

Not only could I help the elves, I could gain goblin and orc materials for my summoning...hah, this works out well.

Sedos spotted a young man before the elven warrior could give him any commands.

"Young lad! Let me try to heal you, the goblin's poison can be deadly!" Sedos stated to the young elven man as he tried to heal him.

Sedos took the man to a tent to where a nurse could tend to his poison. Sedos saw no other tents of the sort, and realized the knights were strong. Sedos went back to the knight and was ready for orders.

Edited by FireEmblem8

((Am I the knight you were talking about?))

" What is your name summoner, I am not the leader of this band but you also try to command. What do you think you should do, fight and kill the beasts before they kill us? If you want orders, it would be best to Scare the orcs back so they do not see the arrows that fly from these brave archers bows." With that, Flea picked up a long arrow lying on the ground, dipped it in a deadly poisin, and fired it into the milling hoards of orcs.

(( Yes you were/are :cry: ))

"My name is Sedos Indra. You may not be the leader, but I sense your power. I believe I could scare the dumb goblins away, while making the orcs think even longer since they are very intelligent and make great combat tactics. I will send three more fluffy rabbits down their way and see how they like it. I will take one of my rabbits and let the goblins "play" with it. Hehe. Both parties will learn of their doom, don't worry Sir...what is your name I forgot to ask?" Sedos explained and asked.

"Thank you for your compliments, even while you butter me up. I am known as flea, and it would be helpful to get those goblins away. Even a weak monster has power in numbers;Goblins especialy just because of their large numbers." He then turned towerd the elven force. " All here who want to live the night must fight the orcs, goblins only if their in your way." His adreniline flowed with the command he had always dreamed about, and the battle was back in motion. Who knew what the other commander of the elves thought of someone else commanding his troops?

"Flea, don't worry about most of the goblins. As you instructed, the warriors will only strike down the ones in their way, which will be few after my trick. Just let the brave ones fight the orcs with the other rabbits I supplied." Sedos insured Flea.

Sedos walked over to the main goblin army, with one fluffy rabbit, and said, "Behold! Goblins do you wish to pet this creature?"

Pet the rabbit, yes pet it while we kill it...stupid human fool! the goblin commander thought.

The commander of the goblins walked over to the rabbit to pet it while the fluffy rabbit unleashed its famous, deadly attack, few survive of.

Edited by FireEmblem8

Flea watched the goblin leader and laghed. A goblins stupidity was extreamly famus. One of the most famus goblins, Known as one of the least stupid ones, invented a code where numbers represented letters. The thing he forgot though, was they didnt have a written language, and none of the goblins could understand i t verbaly. Flea focused back at the task at hand. Volleys of arrows rained down on the now defensive orcs, and groups of swordsman and spearmen were fighting them back into the deeper parts of the forest.

As the rabbit destroyed the leader, his last cry was to charge the rabbit. The dumbfounded goblins stared at the rabbit and began to flee. Now goblins were out of the story except the somewhat smart ones who went and fought the elven warriors as they made their own tactic to the rather intelligent orc squad.

"The rabbit worked well Sir Flea. Most goblins retreated, but the orcs made a defense move as well. It seems I will have to summon more creatures...at your command, that is." Sedos told the warrior Flea.

Sedos walked to the tent infirmary where he left the injured knight.

"I hope the nurse treated to your wounds, well. My name is Sedos. I would like you to stay here unless you must fight because the orcs are strong. I will check on you later. Please get some rest." Sedos told the young knight as he left the tent, ready to fight.

Edited by FireEmblem8

"I do not doubt you can summon, Sedos. You have proven yourself already. Now, it would be nice if you can get some summons to hit them from behind, and thin the ranks facing us so our swordsman can attack most succesfuly. And nice title, calling me "Sir." You really are trying to butter me up, arent you?" Withthat, flea let of another volley of arrows, taking down a couple orcs in the middle of the hoard. They then put sheilds above their heads also, and became a large mass of diffrent sized sheilds.

"Flea, then--I am only trying to earn your respect since you do not know me. But yes, I will use my recently learned skill of teleporting to a range, behind the orc army that is, and I will conjure up a little batch of Sedos' summons. Hehe." Sedos told Flea as we went and completed this battle plan.

"Orcs! Eat another beautiful new creation by Selain--a Phantom Warrior stone. I conjured this up myself like I did the fluffy rabbit one, tell let you all know of the upcoming danger...fools, prepare for your death" Sedos shouted at the orc army as he threw fifteen Phantom Warrior stones that he made.

Sedos was ready to see the destruction the Phantom Warriors and Orcs caused.

(( That means, Fluffy Rabbit Stones are level 55 summoning, my level in roleplay, so I don't get "superpowers" or don't give my character too much power as the roleplaying rules state...just to let you know! :D ))

The orcs were confused and terrified, and the elves were able to get in close and chop some of them up very nicely. Flea and the archers also caused mass mahem, and the battle appeared to be in the hands of the elves.

Edited by flea

A man in a blue cape called out telling us to pet his rabbit, excited, Bob went out to get him. I wanted so badly to catch the little white rabbit, and eat him myself,maybe the man in the blue cape could make more! As he approched the rabbit, it attacked Bob with such ferocity and speed that we were taken aback! This little rabbit had killed Bob in a matter of seconds! flee!

Of course we fled! We have to get away from these little white Monsters!

I ran blindly, trying to put as much distance between myself and these monster rabbits! I found myself behind a tent, a tent inside the elven encampment!

Looking around i quickly crawl inside, hopeing to find some food, instead i come face to face with a young injured warrior laying on a pallet!

Edited by Burfoot