Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sora_barzahd

Lawsuit: Aluwen vs. Mortos

I was conversing with my gnomeish friend Hazor at the Desert Pines dock, and I jokingly threw out some random idea, and we both decided that this may actually work. The base idea is: One night, the KMCPD (Knights, mages, and conjurer police department) or whatever type of law enforcement White Stone has, found a dead Unicorn belonging to Aluwen at the scene of a hit and run call. There's wheel marks from a chariot, and tracks of wild fluffy-gnomes that pulled the chariot. The Unicorn also was dragged, and set in a bush close by. Aluwen beleives that Mortos did it out of pure rage, after Aluwen posted pictures of Mortos in a dress at the EL Gods party. Mortos claims that although he was enraged by the pictures, he went home peacefully. Mortos also stated that Glilin told him that he and Unolas road home together drunk, in an identical chariot model, and hit the Unicorn by mistake. When they relized that Aluwen would be furious, Unolas decided to place the blame on his old enemy Mortos. Glilin, still scared about the consequences, went along with it

If we do this event, then we'd need:

A selected unbias jury (who may take bribes of cource)

A judge (I was thinking of Acelon being the judge if he would go along with it) .

A prosecutor (Aluwen's lawyer)

Witnesses that can be chosen by the lawyers and mods playing on the two gods, and bribed if needed. (Bribery is aloud, and encouraged. Some witnesses may not be reliable though)

Of cource, we'd need Aluwen, and Mortos present, which would require the help of two moderators.

This is more of just a fun rp, with no story significants, which means there is no storyline to fallow, except for the brief introduction up above. The story is completely in the hands of the people a part of the trail, which means, Aluwen OR Mortos can win the trial, and that everything is made up on the spot. I'm thinking that if this event was made official, then the best place to have it, would be the WSC meeting hall. This is just a rough draft of the idea, so changes and ideas are accepted. Also, maybe the losing god creates some invasion, or is stripped of god ship and made pkable for a day or something

Edited by sora_barzahd

Although interesting and very creative, there are some flaws here that would not work.

1. We do not have chariots.

2. We do not have "fluffy gnomes"

3. Mortos and Aluwen would never socialize together in any "EL God's party".

4. Gods of EL are not held accountable for their actions in EL regardless. They do not have to follow the same rules as the players (for ex. They can summon large number of creatures near populated areas.).

5. Gods must adhere to the EL story line for the game. Aluwen, if losing the law suit, cannot summon monsters and act like Mortos. Mortos cannot feel sorry for the mortals and stop such an invasion.

However, we are looking for more story lines as long as they follow along the god rules. Please continue your quest for making an event type story :)

this whole lawsuit thing doesn't fit with a God..

as God ur supposed to judge about others.. not let people judge you lal

Sora, you indeed have some ideas stirring here, but as sheesh and others stated gods just won't work. INSTEAD we could have like a series of lawsuits between 2 guilds, fighting for bragging rights and what not.

Also, i think this court idea is very good. Wouldn't it be awesome if like all civil arguments such as bagjumping or scamming could be settled in a court of an un-biased jury, and the judge would order the accused to pay or work their debt off, if the accuser could prove his case by order of witnesses and a lawyer, and if they didn't work or pay, they would be made pkable and realeased into a private place and be slaughtered by summoned animals and their summoners...

just thinking here...cmon people...just think... :)

Edited by Innovinril

I like the concept from an event point of view, but as its been previously stated, gods just aren't ideal for this. However, to expand on what Innovinril posted...

Back when I was in college years ago, we entered a national competiton called Trial by Jury. Each college would be given a portfolio of a real life trial (excluding the results, and all names/places etc. changed), a day to prepare, and then all the local colleges taking part would meet at a court house, and mock trials would take place between all the colleges, until only 1 was left. The college had to have its advocates (lawyers/solicitors etc.), witnesses, and a jury (the jury would be 6 and 6 from each college). The winner was declared depending on the verdict of the jury.. it had to be a majority verdict, so you couldnt just always vote for your college to win! If you won, you went on to the next round.. a new case, another opponent, so on and so forth. There would also be a Judge present at each trial. He would explain to the jury their duties, and once the verdict is given, give a bit of a (made-up) statement to the defendant, then give the colleges a review of their performance.

Now, if you replace "college" with "guild", you've got the foundation for a regular event for guilds or groups of people to sign up to, all that would be needed is some thought-out scripts to base each trial on (similar to what you did above), a variety of judges (mods?) and enough planning to hold regular trials.

The downside of course, is having enough players online at the same time for a trial to take place. You need 12 jurors (at the end of the day, could be randomly picked), 1 or 2 advocates for each side, the witnesses, the judge and some pre-prepared scripts so that each side has time to prepare, witnesses to learn their lines, effectively cutting down the actual length of the trial.

If enough people actually got involved it'd be nice to see some major trials that would have an effect within the game depending on the outcome, maybe trigger a special day, have one of the gods perform an invasion or some other event.

Some interesting RP'ing ideas in this thread, I hope something comes of it :confused:

Very nice ideas you have there, Gunslingers, I like your way of thinking. I believe that having these types of events as well as more "Community" based events will make EL a better place to be for us all...it will make the game more than a game, thus enhancing our minds and our enjoyment. ;)

For some reason, i just don't think there are enough events in EL that can get large scales of people involved, such as debates in the meeting halls, suggestion sessions in-game, and other such events. In my opinion, i would certainly enjoy the game further, as well as many others no doubt. ;)

For example, im sure all of us that attended enjoyed the Mortos gauntlet race, and even if you didnt compete, you could have came to the ceremony acknowledging the winners at the end in the TG Mage school meeting hall. I love the idea of so many people coming together and talking and just having fun, and...you get to meet some new people you otherwise wouldnt have met. :blink:

Edited by Innovinril

LV's Quiz in WSC Meeting Hall always tended to be a good crowd-puller, mainly because anyone could participate and there were a range of prizes, but I havent seen such an event for some time. Lately the big events seem to be invasions or fighting-related, which is fine, if there was a range for these events, and not just the top-end monsters for the top 20-30 a/d people. Yeah, anyone is able to join in, but at the end of the day you're not going to enjoy a fighting event if you cant fight.

I just think there should be more events aimed at other aspects of the game. Take summoning for example.. there's hardly ever any summoning events, and with such a range of monsters you can summon, summoning arena's and plenty of summoners about its amazing no one has organized such an event.. of course it'd probably have to be the EL Summoners vs. Chaoogie but thats not the point :blush:

Maybe its time to take matters into our own hands and start some small scale events? :o

ive actually been thinking of holding a summoning event, diff stages would be held to keep the winner from being the person who can summon the strongest thing ect. i havent put too much thought into it yet, but i think ill think about it a little more now. ill post some information about it in a seperate thread when i figure it out.

Guild THC has started some plans for some other skill related contests, we will not be creating a PK, or hide and seek contest, ill post more later, we r in brainstorming phases