Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lennywatson

Business Proposition

It occurred to me--as Douglas Adams came up in channel and EVERYONE in the channel had something to say--that you have here a perfect target audience for certain kinds of advertising. I know you don't want to compromise gameplay, but there must be ways of selling advert space in tasteful ways. I'm thinking sci-fi publishers, video game publishers, etc. Perhaps In-Game billboards....perhaps only allowing products that fit the aesthetic of the game--e.g fantasy novels/games.

-L

The game has too limited an audience for this to make financial sense, and because of the open-source nature of the client it will be too easy to disable the ads.

Kudos for the idea, which I seem to remember has been suggested before on occasion.

there are already adverts on the website... I think that's enough, personally, because stuff in-game does detract... it's hard enough getting people sucked into the story and such (story? what story? all I've seen is a few quests... yes) without more reminders of the earlier world (ie earth)

there are already adverts on the website... I think that's enough, personally, because stuff in-game does detract... it's hard enough getting people sucked into the story and such (story? what story? all I've seen is a few quests... yes) without more reminders of the earlier world (ie earth)

Those adverts are for free, we make no money from them.

And no, we won't add ads to the game.