Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

firefox extension for EL

err i mustv dun something wrong now i cant open firefox ow do u get rid of it? plz tell me

sorry, for being so slow to reply...

to get rid of the extension, go to your applicationdata folder (assuming you are on windows), this would usually be someting like C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\ in there find Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles in that folder there will usually be a folder with some cryptic name, open it and find the folder extensions, then there'll be a folder with the name of the extension, simply delete it and the extension is uninstalled...

ok, the idea of having rankings checked instead of stats is difficult or impossible cause the ranking page is done different than the stats checking pages, i.e. the playername is not included in the URL...

adding your own guild links is not possible yet, but I'll be happy to include any guild links you send me via pm...

I'm working on the el clock thingy...

bregi

edit: I've found an issue that might cause ff to crash, if this happened to you just do as described above, and everything will be fine again... this may be the case if you have the clipmarks extension installed, although is does not happen always (for me the two extensions work perfectly well along each other...)

Edited by bregi

lol i just reinstalled it ;P

thanks, extension is useful.. about the rankings page, i've been using custom search engine in FF for a while now, 1 for the rankings page and 1 for the stats page. an old friend had given it to me and i have no idea how it works :D , but if you want i can send it to you and maybe you can see how to include it in here :icon13:

if you could send me that custom search it might be helpful :) and I'll see what I can do about the other suggestions, I'm still working on a way to include game time, etc.

Edited by bregi

ok, updated the extension... you guys that already have it installed don't need to do anything, it checks for updates automatically and will notify you... everyone else can still download it here...

it now has the possibility to check player rankings instead of looking for player stats... and the time will be included in the next update... hopefully some time next week...

Just installed the toolbar and it appears to want to load every page in a new window. Would it be possible to have a configurable option for getting it to load pages in a new tab instead.

The font for the Player Stats and Player Rank fields appears to be different sizes or something.

There doesn't appear to be a way to add other guild home pages to the toolbar. It would probably be useful for players to be able to add their own guild to this section.

You might also consider adding a combat level calculator to the toolbar. The current formula for this can be found http://el.asgardsrealm.net/elcombatlevel.php

another suggestion, your ranks page defaults to 1 day, which was in the link i sent you. that had an option to change it to other options(i use 365). is there any way you can configure that to be changeable?

another bug i noticed : after clicking on the ranks button, it says stats and not ranks anymore :devlish:

enjoying it otherwise :blink:

another suggestion, your ranks page defaults to 1 day, which was in the link i sent you. that had an option to change it to other options(i use 365). is there any way you can configure that to be changeable?

another bug i noticed : after clicking on the ranks button, it says stats and not ranks anymore :confused:

enjoying it otherwise :)

hm... I'll see about the day selection... maybe with a dropdown?... It could be done I'll see...

the ranks text changing.. has been fixed.. will put the update online in about an hour...

Just installed the toolbar and it appears to want to load every page in a new window. Would it be possible to have a configurable option for getting it to load pages in a new tab instead.

The font for the Player Stats and Player Rank fields appears to be different sizes or something.

There doesn't appear to be a way to add other guild home pages to the toolbar. It would probably be useful for players to be able to add their own guild to this section.

You might also consider adding a combat level calculator to the toolbar. The current formula for this can be found http://el.asgardsrealm.net/elcombatlevel.php

everything loading in a new window is cause of your settings in ff... only the ranks pages will always be in a new window (haven't found a way round that yet...)... all the other things should be in tabs (they are for me at least ;) )

to change that setting go to Tools-Options then at the top select Tabs... there it says 'New pages should be opened in:' there select 'a new tab' - that should make everything but the ranking pages open in new tabs instead of new windows...

the font's are just two different fonts... but that can't be changed atm... sry

you can't add your own guild pages to the list... but if you submit your guilds homepage URL I'll include it in the list...

new features like the level calculator will be looked upon after I got the game time included... but thanks for the suggestion :icon13:

edit: typo

Edited by bregi

you can't add your own guild pages to the list... but if you submit your guilds homepage URL I'll include it in the list...
if you want to do it, you could always save the list somewhere. I know it's possible for extensions to load/save data from disk (though not how). adding more links to that should be as simple as a javascript query box :confused:

true... but up to now I tried to do without an options page... and that would be a thing to go there... atm I'm more looking about the game time including... so everyting else will follow later

everything loading in a new window is cause of your settings in ff... only the ranks pages will always be in a new window (haven't found a way round that yet...)... all the other things should be in tabs (they are for me at least :confused: )

to change that setting go to Tools-Options then at the top select Tabs... there it says 'New pages should be opened in:' there select 'a new tab' - that should make everything but the ranking pages open in new tabs instead of new windows...

I'm well aware of the setting and have it as my default. However, every page the toolbar opened was in an entirely new window.

Guild: -AR-, Link: http://el.asgardsrealm.net/dokuwiki/

everything loading in a new window is cause of your settings in ff... only the ranks pages will always be in a new window (haven't found a way round that yet...)... all the other things should be in tabs (they are for me at least :confused: )

I'm well aware of the setting and have it as my default. However, every page the toolbar opened was in an entirely new window.

that's strange... it's all new tabs for me... you are working on win or linux? that shouldn't make a difference, but if it does I could test...

your guilds page will be in the list with the next update...

This thing appears to crash firefox on windows on firefox startup. had to pull it into safe mode to uninstall your add-on before I could use ff again. Might want to check that..

This thing appears to crash firefox on windows on firefox startup. had to pull it into safe mode to uninstall your add-on before I could use ff again. Might want to check that..

well it's known that there might be trouble with some other extensions... but you're the first this happened to with this version...

had you read these two posts from earlier in this topic you'd could've saved the time with having to go to safe mode...

err i mustv dun something wrong now i cant open firefox ow do u get rid of it? plz tell me

sorry, for being so slow to reply...

to get rid of the extension, go to your applicationdata folder (assuming you are on windows), this would usually be someting like C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\ in there find Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles in that folder there will usually be a folder with some cryptic name, open it and find the folder extensions, then there'll be a folder with the name of the extension, simply delete it and the extension is uninstalled...

bregi

edit: I've found an issue that might cause ff to crash, if this happened to you just do as described above, and everything will be fine again... this may be the case if you have the clipmarks extension installed, although is does not happen always (for me the two extensions work perfectly well along each other...)

and when suggesting I look into that... plz post your specs... and especially what other extensions you have installed...

edit:

No update to fix the 1 day thing on rankings yet?

Btw, bregi, AWESOME job! It helps alot.

that'll be in first thing next week... look for an update on tuesday :D

Edited by bregi

*Firefox* safe mode. I just clicked the other shortcut.

So it has possible problems with one of the following:

Adblock 0.7.5.1

All in One guestures 0.18.0

Bible Verse Toolbar 1.2

ColorZilla 1.0

Daily Dilbert 1.4

Flashgot 0.5.98.070328

Foxmarks 1.0.1

Gmail Notifier 0.5.6.5

Google Photos Screensaver 2.0

gTranslate 0.3.1

MeasureIt 0.3.6

President Bush Countdown 1.1.1

Talkback 2.0.0.3

URL Link 2.01.0

US Department of Home Insecurity Idiocy Level 0.1.2.3.2-zomg

PimpZilla (Theme) 3.44

That narrows it down nicely... It shouldn't crash though, regardless. Just disable what doesn't play nice.

No update to fix the 1 day thing on rankings yet?

Btw, bregi, AWESOME job! It helps alot.

updated...

Please add Yugo guild(http://yugo.nu6.org/)

thx :P

will be included in next update... what language is it tho? would want to put that into the tooltiptext :mace:

edit:

*Firefox* safe mode. I just clicked the other shortcut.

So it has possible problems with one of the following:

Adblock 0.7.5.1

All in One guestures 0.18.0

Bible Verse Toolbar 1.2

ColorZilla 1.0

Daily Dilbert 1.4

Flashgot 0.5.98.070328

Foxmarks 1.0.1

Gmail Notifier 0.5.6.5

Google Photos Screensaver 2.0

gTranslate 0.3.1

MeasureIt 0.3.6

President Bush Countdown 1.1.1

Talkback 2.0.0.3

URL Link 2.01.0

US Department of Home Insecurity Idiocy Level 0.1.2.3.2-zomg

PimpZilla (Theme) 3.44

That narrows it down nicely... It shouldn't crash though, regardless. Just disable what doesn't play nice.

I'll look into that... but that's a lot of stuff to check... Edited by bregi

Please add Yugo guild(http://yugo.nu6.org/)

thx :)

will be included in next update... what language is it tho? would want to put that into the tooltiptext :hiya:

Ty :)

Language is Serbian, but guild members talk in all other languages from Ex Yugo:Serbian, Croatian, Macedonian, Slovenian...

Edited by Anubis