Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

PKG AND ALL OTHER EBUL GUILDS

you could have one PK character and one production character, the latter also selling to the guild of the PK character. I can't find a statement this is illegal in the rules. Merely time consuming and bad roleplaying but that is no problem for some of us :P

It won't work.

You work from the assumption that everybody reads the forum *and* sees your post.

They don't.

For example, I come to the forum like only one per month: when there are server problems, when there is an update, when I have an itch about the game and want to give a suggestion.

It's just because the CEL website was down and I posted a message about it, that I saw this topic. Pure luck! How many people have read this topic so far? Not much, I think...

If you really want to "spread the word", I suggest you use a dedicated ingame channel.

BTW: I'm a noob, so go ahead: pk me. I'm not coming to pk maps anyway. :(

i dont see wot teh fuss is about tbh. i go to kf to get pk'd. i rarely see anyone i could take on and win against so i KNOW i r gonna die. even if its empty of players teh ogre will pwn me.

imagine however going into pk maps and it has a load of players in and NO ONE attacks you...ok..after 10 minutes you wander around then come back out. bored. wondering wtf you went in there for.

much better that theres folks in pk maps that WILL attack anythin that moves imo. makes my trips there worth teh effort. occasionally i make it worth theirs too by actually wearing something i dont mind dropping in my db. ffs stop taking it all so serious, its a game treat it as such and you might start to ENJOY it, like wot i does ;)

That is the problem, PYewacket, people DON'T take games as just games...they are a part of their lives and they take it very seriously..you should know, youve been playing EL for quite a long time, no doubt you take it more seriously than others, otherwise you wouldn't still be playing. ;)

Nope, if i did take it seriously i would be a darned sight richer ingame than i am, believe me. However i understand what ya saying, though i dont understand why folks cant take a step back and realise its here for entertainment not to raise ones own BP rate by gettin stressed over it.

Games are meant to be an escapism/release from RL stress lol too many are doing teh reverse and logging off coz they annoyed and "will be back on when i calm down". Taking it seriously just takes teh fun factor out imo. (although teh odd arguement can be fun too i guess providing it doesnt go too far)

Well !

Its been awhile since i first posted the topic and it seems to have generated a little bit of interest which says to me that people are quite interested in the idea -

To clear up a few things -

1. Pking : Of course its part of the game , its there to be enjoyed if you wish to enjoy it - its also quite true what a few people have said - if you go to a PK map expect to be Pk'd !

HOWEVER !

what you dont expect is such things as trying to train with a partner of the same level, only to be hounded by someone who is BLATANTLY of more strength and has better equipment, for me this even once went as far as training with someone only to be POISENED and HARMED by spells whilst i was training !!! WTF ?!?!?

i was wearing leather for christs sakes is that such a big catch ? lol im not going to mention any names DUECE :D

2. The meaning of an EBUL guild : I think someone said i didnt explain what an EBUL guild was , well its pretty easy, most of them clearly state thats what they are !

3. If it wasnt for PKers no essences or potions would be used - right ok i see what muffossa is saying , but i dont think any alchemist or potion sellers would go out of business by boycotting PK guild would they ?

4. Its a long shot - It is a long shot, but i still believe its possible to make the lives of such guilds terribly difficult

I HAVE AN ADMISSION TO MAKE AND YES YOUR ALL GOING TO LOVE REPLYING TO THIS ONE !!!

i sold quimbly a rostogol stone ** feel free to laugh at my hypocritical behaviour but i didnt realise quimbly was from PK guild until he walked into the storage and to be honest even im not so much of an ass as to go back on a market sale once its agreed **

5. Now you think my points are ridiculous - well they may sound like someone whose a bit of a fruit loop for suggesting this but seriously, if youve been playing for longer than five minutes ( and scarr stop calling me a newb man lol im only a newb in the forums ! (( god ive so invited him to call me a newb again havent i lol )) im sure you all know of someone who has been treated completely below the board by a member of such a bad guild as PKG - come on man these guys are notorious for allowing scammers and allsoets into thier ranks !! I say its an interesting side game for everyone to play whilst going about their business, boycott the crappy guilds

6 . Someone said i didnt exactly come up with a feasable strategic plan for my idea , well i think i did , correct me if im wrong here folks but i think -- SELL NOTHING TO THEM BUY NOTHING FROM THEM -- is a pretty straight forward and easy plan to follow dont you ?

7. AND YES IN REGARDS TO THAT LAST POINT I KNOW I KNOW, I DID SELL A ROSTOGOL STONE TO QUIMBLY SO FEEL FREE TO LAUGH AT ME FOR BEING A BRAIN FART

8. My last point is this one - dont spill coffee on your keyboard it doesnt help one bit

PEACE AND GOODWILL !

aTeh

hehe ive been in Corpus Opis for a very long time and i can assure you not only does boycott not work but all it does is hurt the person trying to sell by limiting his potential customers.

you could have one PK character and one production character, the latter also selling to the guild of the PK character. I can't find a statement this is illegal in the rules. Merely time consuming and bad roleplaying but that is no problem for some of us :D

Using an Alt as an intermediate character in a trade or to make things for the PK character is against the rules.

You walk into a PK map and one of the "ebul PKers" whacks you. If you're lucky you lasted 1-2 rounds to see who it was. Otherwise you're trying to figure out who changed everything to red.

Now you're pissed. Quite normal - I don't blame you. But you lost stuff right? Is Mr. Ebul PKer going to give it back? Hell no. Who are you kidding?

So your suggestion is to trade embargo them? Hmm.... Here's why I think you're going about this the wrong way:

1 - Easiest way around it is for Mr Ebul PKer to have a friend purchase for him. Like you'd ever know.

2 - You just lost stuff. You probably need to replace it. Best way to replace it is to buy another one like it.

Now you're looking at #2 and probably don't quite see where I'm going with this post. Pay close attention:

CHARGE THE EBUL PKER FOR STUFF. MAKE HIM GIVE YOU MONEY SO YOU CAN GET YOUR STUFF BACK.

If he buys from someone else, you get no money. At least this way he is sort of paying you to get your stuff back.

so by paying some1 else for stuff the ebul pk'er kinda pay's to get the guy's stuff back?

maybe he gets his stuff back in a billion years that way ;p

nah thats not what he means i think..

like Mr.ebul pk'er kills newb1

newb1 doesn't get stuff back

Mr.ebul pk'er buy's stuff from supplyguy13

and thats how mr.ebul pk'er kinda pay's back newb1 his stuff from what i understand what ghrae said..

could be wrong though ;p

mr ebul pk from ebul guild pk's newb1

newb1 doesnt get stuff back

newb1 sells other stuff to get enough cash for buying his replacement gears, and sells this other stuff to another ebul guild member. He has kinda replaced his gear from teh gc he took out of ebul guilds coffers. And if he has any smarts he has charged that tiny little bit higher coz they pk him, and enough sales to them makes him rich this way.

NOT selling to them means he has to compete with everyone else to sell his goods to raise teh gc to buy his replacement gear.

This is a reason ACE guild does not embargo trades with enemy guilds, as it limits trade for an individual player and harms teh economy. Embargoes should be bannzored.

There's only 1 possible revenge for being pk'ed : pk'ing back.

Anything else will fail.

Yup, or paying someone to do the job for you. :o

I didnt get PKed thats not what this was about lol

Fully understand where your coming from about Pking EXPECT IT

i was proposing this trade embargo after being victim to a scam to the sum of 40kgc, 1 titanium shiled , 5k ti ore , 1 cutlass and 1 iron plate lol ( yes ok i tried to buy a charachter - at least im honest eh ? )

so anyway this embargo was about lawless guilds who allow any old scum in to do as they please

and lets face it, an embargo upon PKG and other ebul guilds would just be an interesting experiment, to see if tehyre as tough and bad ass as they say they are

anyhoo i like that my topic has also begun a few other debates such as the one about alt charachters trading within guild to each other , hmmm, bet theres a bit of that going on .......................

Everybody gets your point. What most of us is saying is that embargo isn't a novel idea, it has failed before, and it's bound to keep failing because the reason hasn't changed: if you have gc and friends, you can get anything you want.

There's only 1 possible revenge for being pk'ed : pk'ing back.

Anything else will fail.

Yup, or paying someone to do the job for you. :D

Doesn't matter...It will never feel like pwning the creep yourself! :o

Hmm... Okay 1. The boycott is completely lacking explanations and content

2. Sure you might have had some boycotters, but only if they had similar experience

3. If this were a more wide-spread topic, there'd be people like me who would trade with them to spite you.

So there ya have it, Boycott's will not work in EL.

i was proposing this trade embargo after being victim to a scam to the sum of 40kgc, 1 titanium shiled , 5k ti ore , 1 cutlass and 1 iron plate lol ( yes ok i tried to buy a charachter - at least im honest eh ? )

Probably the one I got from him on PK some days ago :P

At least its ended up with a good owner Draym :)

Hmm... Okay 1. The boycott is completely lacking explanations and content

omg!!

that first point is seriously lacking any prior investigation in my previous posts or is it just me ?

** le sigh **

Edited by Ateh