Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Test the newest client please

http://www.other-life.com/el/elc-131p4.zip

Just unzip it in your EL folder, and run the exe included (not el.exe)

The zip has only a client and a dll, no data or anything else. The goal is to see if this client is working properly without the previous sound problems, or other bugs that might have infilitrated lately.

Let me know how it worked, if it was OK or not.

The download has been updated to add newer versions of a couple DLL's. People testing should get a new copy.

This one doesn't crash on exit. That's the only problem i had with the previous builds. Seems ok to me

edit: oh and my CPU usage is no longer at 100% :D

Edited by kibora

Works fine, still it's loading very slowly (not sure why - have clearly formatted hdd and new set system -> winXP).

Yep it's loading very slow here too. And it's surely not my computer since my hd is like 3-4 weeks old now and my windows was never so clear as now :lurker:

Slowly than the current client?

Jep let's say the current client takes 1 sec to load all stuff to log in (like map, 3d objects etc). The test client needs like 2-3 seconds. When I exit the game it closes immediatly though, nice improvement here, before it struggled a little :lurker:

It loads faster than the previous update for me, no problem there.

The music and sound effects work, hooray!! A little buggy tho, the music stopped for me on first use of version after 1/2 hour. Settings had no effect. I'm using version for 2nd time now and it started without sounds. After toggling the settings the music has started, I'm waiting for rain....

i build a fresh cvs today on linux (still named p2)

the sound starts to play fine but stops after a random amount of time. then after 5-15 seconds of silence it start again from the beginning.

for the loading times, for me they seem as they always are.