Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Status Report

Hey guys, we're back and I'm happy to be back home to work on EL again :)

We've got a lot of cool future plans coming up, but I don't like to speak too soon, so I will just talk a little bit about the artwork things that I'll be working on in the next few months:

-will be fixing up some of the old crappy looking house textures, and other textures

-finishing up continent 2 for the next big client update

-got some new designs for cool clothings(basically stuff that has no attributes or meaning except to look cool), stuff like a pirates costume, complete with a hook hand! Mage and monk robe plans(hopefully with and without a hood if the coders permit it!), dresses for the girls, even wedding outfits!

*note that a lot of these extra clothing items will be only purchasable through the shop, and will not be manufacturable. Some you will buy in game too. Don't ask me more on that now.

-When continent 2 is done, we will be, and in fact we already are, working to improve the existing maps. Just making them look nicer overall, and add more "character" to them.

Oh and if you're curious about what I was doing on the break that I announced a couple months ago(before going on vacation), I was working on learning a new program(Zbrush) I got that's a lot of fun to work with(it's a digital sculpting program that allows you to work in 3d as if you're sculpting with clay and work with millions of polygon s). And it'll allow me to make normal maps too that hopefully eventually we can use in the game.

For those that don't konw, basically that means that the graphics will "pop out" even more and just look cool :(

I was also working on some personal projects that I was dying to do but never had the time because of my real job and working on EL. I always wanted to draw/3d model characters from the books I love, and so I finally did it with one of the characters from the Death Gate Cycle that I just read(great books btw). And I plan to do more in the future :)

Here's 2 pics if you want to see, this one is a somewhat low-polygon model, can actually be used in a game, that I made in Blender: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/ffle...gh_render7a.jpg

And this one is a high poly model I did in Zbrush that I actually made first, to get his "look" right. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/fflewddar/hugh7.jpg

Of course, this is how I imagined the character to be :)

I plan on making EL characters look like this. No, not in the game, but just as illustrations that can stand on their own or to be used in a comic book that I'd like to do in the future. To illustrate stories from the game :)

And this one is a high poly model I did in Zbrush that I actually made first, to get his "look" right. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/fflewddar/hugh7.jpg

Of course, this is how I imagined the character to be :(

Gasp! That looks really nice!

And welcome back from being on this side of the ocean.. :)

-got some new designs for cool clothings(basically stuff that has no attributes or meaning except to look cool), stuff like a pirates costume, complete with a hook hand! Mage and monk robe plans(hopefully with and without a hood if the coders permit it!), dresses for the girls, even wedding outfits!

*note that a lot of these extra clothing items will be only purchasable through the shop, and will not be manufacturable. Some you will buy in game too. Don't ask me more on that now.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing that in game. (especially mage clonthing) :) Great job :(

wow.. i can just say what the others did.. its not just your current work on the ZBrush renders,

its about that im amazed by the tons of ideas you come up with.

This really makes the game more and more interesting to me to play further :(

Keep up the good work :)

Greetings

Fabi

dresses for the girls, even wedding outfits!

omg great!! cant wait to wear one!

Welcome back Roja. Looks like some nice planning there and the other thingy you made there looks great aswell.

Hope those plans all come along nicely and without much trouble.

Btw was just talking with someone. Is the following possible pretty please?

newfurhat.jpg

Edited by BleedingSoul

We badly need a skybox/LOD/3D terrain so we can use that patch for angle camera without having 3FPS :(

Amazing work Roja, love it. And the idea for new clothes without attributes, I've been looking for this coming update since the age of the one click one harvest :(

Roja You continue to amaze me :D . Welcome back too. EL will even better now thnks to you and the dev. :( Oh and the images.... :o shocking! Good job can't wait till next update. :)

Edited by ELVARG