Eternal Lands Official Forums
darkdante

ORACLE SCAMMED ME 20k gc fro his char:(

I WAS offerd the char oracle for 40kgc paid 20k upfront and was givn a fake password now oracle has me on ignore PKG=SCAMMERS oracle "pkg" now 2 my knowledge pkg is scammers maybe all of u arent but if ur not u should leave pkg causes they r know as scammers

:omg:

I've known other people do this in the past.

Not nice. :omg:

urch, man oracle is a known scammer you got to search his name on the fourms, you cant just pay people without having something of theirs....http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27761 a quick search on oracle and you woulda saw that..

Got name change to Zamorah or something.. And left PkG.. :)

Not nice. :hug:

you & your "brother"? :icon13:

omg,XD i posted like a week or less ago about him scamming me the same way

Not nice. :D

you & your "brother"? :hug:

:icon13:

I ws thinking more of SkyForXTC or whatever his name was..

zamora scammed someone in pkg too :/ that suc

He is fast becoming "Teh Scammer Of EL" :)

Urch, I dont know many people in pkg, but it's really not nice to call the entire guild to be scammers just because of a single member. When you talk of absolutes yet you are mistaken, it only show weaknesses in your words. Yes i know you lost a lot, but i have lost more to scammers :) ; and who did i blamed? i blamed myself for being so silly, i guess one should just refuse the offer if one have to think twice.

I dont think that it is fair for Sin to return the 20kgc since she had paid $10 usd for it and now the loss suddenly becomes her? :P Anyway she was the one to set up the offer for you, but now please think twice before you accept it unless there were other conditions i wasnt aware.

I WAS offerd the char oracle for 40kgc paid 20k upfront and was givn a fake password now oracle has me on ignore PKG=SCAMMERS oracle "pkg" now 2 my knowledge pkg is scammers maybe all of u arent but if ur not u should leave pkg causes they r know as scammers

:P

[/quote ]LoL sure blame PKG cause your gulible and call us all scammers..well if thats what you need to do to heal youre wounded pride then i guess thats what you have to do..ill look for you and friends in game..IF you have any

I think that is pkg allows this in their guild then they are no better than the offender. Just a personal oppinion though.

Muf, why do you always need to try to show your dominace by pointing out I will look for you? Most people in game already know your looking for them because you take take most in game.

Pookies just do the right thing and get rid of the scammers and pkg wont have a bad name.

Eater

Yesterday I saw new nice additions to Pkg, for example zengin is in Pkg now, a well-known bagjumper/no-good doer. People, please just do not trust this guild.

Guest Rez

I was also offered the character one day when oracle PMed me. But, I'm not going to risk 40k gc for a character that I already have twice the stats for. Urch, the EL rule #10 states "Trade at Your Own Risk." Everyone isn't nice. :huh:

Edited by Rez

I don't see why people want to buy his character in the first place... and what did you do, give the 20k gc to oracle, the character you were "buying". Just think about that one for a lil bit...

If that's not the case, and you were trading to his "alt", buying characters for gc in general should be cause for concern anyway. Do your homework on a character when dealing with these kinds of trades :huh:

Sorry to hear you got scammed. People should stop buying characters in the first place, is it so difficult to earn ones skills? To take pride in your character being you build him/her from the beginning.

First of all, I don't completely blame you *referring to "urch" * for losing your 20k gc to "oracle". But you hold some of the blame. I'd say 30% is caused by your “lack of experience†when it comes market skills, and the other 50% is on the owner of "oracle". The last 20% is on the administrators/moderators for not being there.

20% on mods:(Why did you blame the mods? answer: Come on! The guy is broke! *having a feeling that someone will quote this :D*)

If I were a mod I would've changed the password and gave it to you. Unless the owner of "Oracle" shows up with an explanation, that's another story. If he wants his character back, he must contact the mods and do some explaining, and maybe he can give you back your 20k gc PLUS 5k gc for his stupid scam. If the character “oracle†has some real good qualifications/skills/high levels, he would surely log in with it and use it, and that's when he finds out that his character is locked :)

30% on you:

I mean, how could you just give him money in the name of trust “on the internet� I may do it for 2k max, but 20k gc is a lot of money. You should've got some assurance from him like a cutlass sword or something valuable to him, so when you test that his character's password is really working, you give him back his stuff. Of course, it all comes to your skill as a businessman to show him that he can trust you (Like when he convinced you to trust him).

50% on oracle owner:

He should be ashamed of himself for doing such a low thing like that. In my opinion, PKG(the guild that he was in) should be questioned about their acceptance for “oracle†and his scam followers, for that it will help the investigation. Also, his IP should be banned (Most of players have a fixed connection[DSL connection]).

As you see here, a lot of "Players' Lack of Experience" will add up more work on the mods. It happens everyday, and nobody is doing anything...

I really wish I could do something, but there's nothing in our hands to help you with.

If the mods won't do anything about this, then I could make 100k a day by my evil side mind. :huh:

20% on mods:

If I were a mod I would've changed the password and gave it to you. Unless the owner of "Oracle" shows up with an explanation, that's another story. If he wants his character back, he must contact the mods and do some explaining, and maybe he can give you back your 20k gc PLUS 5k gc for his stupid scam. If the character “oracle†has some real good qualifications/skills/high levels, he would surely log in with it and use it, and that's when he finds out that his character is locked :huh:

Except that the mods cant interfere in buying/selling/trading chars! Its simply against the rules to do so.

Why? In most games buying/selling chars is outright forbidden, mostly because its simply lame. In EL its allowed, with one condition: the mods cant help you doing that and if you get scammed in the process you should not cry about it to them.

Except that the mods cant interfere in buying/selling/trading chars! Its simply against the rules to do so.

Why? In most games buying/selling chars is outright forbidden, mostly because its simply lame. In EL its allowed, with one condition: the mods cant help you doing that and if you get scammed in the process you should not cry about it to them.

You deleted some parts.. anyway, that was my opinion to resolve this problem.

If scamming is allowed, I can do scams that reach over 100k gc in one day, with another username of course. However, the sense of rightness inside any human is far strong to follow this path.

Now, logically thinking away from what mods should and what mods shouldn't.

Do you think that scamming is "right"?(If the answer is yes, then go in a real quiet and dark room and think with yourself on what you just replied with)

If it was in a real life with similar conditions, the police or the government's authorities should've arrest the criminal, and that's the mods part in this "role-playing".

Pardon me, but if you don't agree, then you haven't lived long to see what kind of evilness a human brain is capable to expose. I suggest you view problems from different views, as the scammed, scammer, and also as a mod/admin/authorities. Who’s responsible if the mods don't have any part in it? If that's really true, then I don’t find any use of this

“Outlaws†forum. I suggest you read the definition of this forum again, or I think it's better to post it here in case you never find it:

Outlaws

Scammers, bag stealers, troublemakers, no-good doers! Criminals! Most wanted lists, post them here!

I want to hear from you on who to throw the blame on? I can tell that you're a believer of "The law does not protect the unintelligent citizens."

I did not said that scam is a good thing, or that Oracle should not be on outlaws. I hate scam, and some times i attack people on pk just because they are scammers.

But you said that mods should act as a judges whenever someone buy/sell characters, to garantee that someone will not get scammed. I honestly disagree with that, people should not trade chars on the first place, but since its allowed in this game i think they should trade as their own risk, as it is now.

Taken from the list of ingame rules here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14582

10. Sell And Trade At Your Own Risk.

Eternal Lands will not be held responsible for any transactions dealing with real monetary currency/items or in game money/items. No selling of character accounts or guilds, or advertising of them, is to be made in any in game public chat or channels. You take full responsibilty for your actions and their consequences. Eternal Lands will assume none of that responsibility.

Bottom line:

Officially we do not support buying and selling of characters which is why it is illegal to publicly advertise it. However we are intelligent enough to realize it will happen anyway because there will always be people looking for the easy route. So therefore we offer rule 10. If you do such a stupid thing, you alone are responsible. You are asking us to devote an unimaginable amount of time and effort into babysitting this stuff, which in past experiences is almost impossible to prove either way. We have better things to spend our time on.

Simple fact : Character trading is not supported in any way, means shape or form.

Personally I cannot type my opinion of Oracle as it would break nearly every forum rule, however It would take a great deal of manpowere to monitor and support every character trade in the game, this simply isnt fesable.

Now lets imagine that character trading was supported..... It would become rife in the game racking up even greater support requirements, and we are talking about developers searching through mounds of server logs.

Would you really want them to divert their time from enhancing the game to babysitting character trades?

What then if a character trade involved u$d rather than ingame items and gold coins? Sooner or later if character trades were supported, somone would doubtlessly decide they could Sue the game owners since they lost their character and werent paid for it. How would a free game cover the legal costs of such an action?

The mods, the admind the developers and the owners of EL have exactly 0% responsability in the event of character trades or scam character trades. (Thoug if other rules are broken then we can act upon those rules).

These are my opinions, and where not stating them oficially, I doubt they would be disagreed with.

EDIT:Sorry aisy, posted at same time. delete this if inappropriate.

Edited by the_antiroot