Eternal Lands Official Forums
shallara

Supply Delivery Service

Your objections are noted, Labrat. But perhaps it would be best to open a discussion in General Chat and not in a market thread.

If I understand the rules correctly, this service would be legal. However, being at spawn does not mean it is "yours". If someone else comes and starts killing the monster you are hunting, there is no legal recourse.

didn't Cg get banned for that? killing someone elses monster? they abuse for herassment Oo

ye he killed shenriss' fluffy a few times and is still banned now for it 11 months later :(

I'm sorry, that I'm not able to provide any background information and links/quotes about whether it's legal or not.

What I do remember is, that I read several times in "who owns a spawn" threads, that it's not okay to have people supply you so you can constantly play. If I'm wrong, please accept my apologies. Maybe Aislinn (I think of her as the number one expert on rules :)) could enlighten us.

- kl4Uz

Edited by kl4Uz

Guest stalag

I used it and was fast and smooth :)

I recommend it !

I dont see the problem....i am almost sure that everybody before leave a fluffy spwan ask in GM if a mate want it or give it to an allie mate ... cant see the difference

Maybe the problem is lack of spwans on high level monsters and not the supply service :hug:

I love your idea Shallara, I know =hc= is excluded, but I support this kind of inventions :hug:

I will recomend your services to my friends in other guilds :)

lol i remember UTi bot was next to CM fluff, they just sat there and trained 24/7... pros

good idea, i do agree somewhat with labrat but what you gonna do? :)

I used it and was fast and smooth :)

I recommend it !

I dont see the problem....i am almost sure that everybody before leave a fluffy spwan ask in GM if a mate want it or give it to an allie mate ... cant see the difference

Maybe the problem is lack of spwans on high level monsters and not the supply service :D

i think stalag is 100% correct, the service is a good idea but there is a huge lack of fluffy and d.chim spawns. for teh 50 ppl that train on fluffy there is only around 9 non pk spawns available. due to the fact that ppl with a decient magic lvl can now harm for 40s it isent safe at all to train in pk. its never fun to walk around for an hour to look for a spawn or have to wait for one. if ppl want to train then let them train, we need more spawns.

-broken

Edited by trotter

Good idea.

About the spawn problem we need more spawns. Nobody can deny it.

About shallara excluding guilds from trading, its normal war action and she got the right to trade with those that she want to trade.

I cant see why this topic gone so long...

Edited by Lorck

Nobody owns a spawn, everybody has the right to jump in as they see fit. Yes, that is the official position. No arguments. And that is the default rule we must go to when people can't get along and work out a solution amongst themselves.

However, until recently, the majority of experienced fighters have followed the general rule of thumb that if somebody else is already there, you either wait, or go away to come back later. If you're lucky, the person already there will offer to pm you when s/he is done.

Now there are some additions to this "rule":

--If you die, you lose claim. You might get lucky and get back to it before somebody else find's that it is empty. But in no way do you go back and tell somebody who DID find it open that "i was here, I died, get lost, it's my spawn".

--You do NOT have somebody else sitting there to restock you or have friends/guildies come by to restock you. Huge no-no. When you run out of supplies and need to go restock, again you lose claim. If you come back from storage and it's empty, lucky you. If somebody got there, oh well, it's their's now.

When the above "rules of thumb" are followed, you will find that most people will respect that and will give you the same courtesy that you give to others. There used to be very few spawn sharing issues when this behavior was the norm.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=186649

That was posted over a year ago, and is not official rules. In fact, the people that would abuse the normal 'spawn rules' are not people that I would normally deliver to. I deliver to people in an otherwise empty spawn, that play fair, and respect others' right to play. Many well respected players, both fighters and not, have both encouraged and supported me in this endeavor. I did research before I did it.

Why is it ok to send someone to recover a deathbag from a death when training, to recover a spawn and continue, and not have a friend deliver supplies to you? Both situations prolong training time.

It comes down to the same thing, as expressed time and again.

It's not illegal. Mods have posted, mods have backed me in this.

Truth be told, I'm really not making any money off this venture, so if y'all would let this thread die instead of re-posting how and why you don't like my idea, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Edited by shallara