Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HeLLRaiZeR

Fully mana restoration potion.

Crown of Mana.

As it is now, I find the crown of mana highly useless. Adding those +100 mana points doesn't advantage you at all, since the potions only refresh a certain number of mana. Lets say you have 80 without CoM, that will add +20 for every spirit restoration. It will restore exactly the same wearing one, so what point is it in purchasing one?

If there however was a thing to fully restore mana, this error would be solved. By this you would earn on having the plus 100 bonus avaiable from a CoM.

Potion.

Adding a magic spell to restore mana would be a little.. stupid. After the recent vial update there has been low/none profit in the potioning skill. Potioning requires many nexuses, so it wouldn't be a cheapshot way that everyone could make money.

The potion would have 5-6 nexus (debateable) and would be around 35-40 to make. The ingredients wouldn't be anything rare/expensive, but neither to easy to get. Perhaps some of the higher level harvesting items? (NOT wolfram/hydrogenium ores!).

There will be a person on C2 that buys the potion for a fixed price. Perhaps the existing potion seller on the elven map? This is to make sure that high level potioners will get a steady income plus making sure that the potion doesn't drop to low in price and thus gets overpowered.

The price can be discussed, I think around 80gc will do. The reason behind this is that most people stop putting pick points on will when being 80 mana. Last time I checked spirit restorations was at 20gc each, and it will still be wise for the regular person to use them (if you don't have a CoM or use helmet).

Spirit restoration potion costs 20gc. Mana restoration 80gc. 80mana + CoM = 180mana.

To refresh with SR, 20x9=180.

With Mana Restoration, 100%x1=180

The cost by using SR's would be 180gc, plus taking a heckload longer. With Mana Restoration it would cost 80gc and no annoying 180second cooldown. You would actually earn by wearing a CoM! Off course this formula won't work in the start, because the prices will be insane, just like all other newly introduced items. In time however the price will likely place itself a few gc above the NPC buy price. You will also earn more on it if you have invested more pp's in etheral earning basic attributes than just 16 will.

But this will ruin pking!

I'm afraid that is true. Being able to fully restore mana with a single potion will make some people able to restore over and over again. Some countermeasures for this would be to either make it unuseable in pvp zones, adding a 40 sec cooldown time or forcing it to be used while wearing a CoM.

I personally believe the third option is the best. You would lose 150MP from the CoL you can't wear, which certainly will lower the power of the many restoration opportunities you have. In another way, some persons can do restorations without failure every twice second. You could also switch between CoM/CoL, but it would be dangerous removing CoL ending up at 100MP when the other person is beating you up. If you got any idea how to fix this issue, post it. ^^

I understand this may have been discussed to death so if you mods think this topic is useless, feel free to close it. If you are going to reply, please post with constructism, not just "No, I don't like this" or "This would be cool." :blink:

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

CoM useless would be a big mistake mate, they CAN be usefull in PK, but you need to know how. :blink:

Well, explain for me then how CoM is worth 100K gc? :>

Either:

1. Summon.. DUH

2. Combination with CoL like I once did. Goes like this.

Equip CoM, load up to max mana.

Once in battle you reach your normal max amount of mana, you take of CoM, take CoL.

So as in, 96 mana basic, with CoM 246, when in battle you're 96- out of 246 max, you take of CoM and put on CoL, you got full mana as with just CoL but already did several restores. Giving you a nice edge for the battle. :blink:

Anyway I'm off to bed now. G'night.

Either:

1. Summon.. DUH

2. Combination with CoL like I once did. Goes like this.

Equip CoM, load up to max mana.

Once in battle you reach your normal max amount of mana, you take of CoM, take CoL.

So as in, 96 mana basic, with CoM 246, when in battle you're 96- out of 246 max, you take of CoM and put on CoL, you got full mana as with just CoL but already did several restores. Giving you a nice edge for the battle. :blink:

Anyway I'm off to bed now. G'night.

Urgh, thought the CoM gave +100. Embarassing :/ Anyway, it only helps when fast regening up to max, when you have wasted that you either have to wait again or pot up. It would be no advantage from not owning/wearing a CoM. Well, maybe if you afk with full food level to get some mana, but that's it.

You can also use "bones to mana" on the summoning god priest to gain mana fast, like 50 bones for 80 mana (very good if you ask me).

The COM was more used on the past i believe, lots of people used it in the way that BleedingSoul explained to you. But with bone of death people can kill you with one hit if you are not using COL, so most people use COL only.

Also, COM is extensively used for summoning.

When training summoning i could have the CoM refilled from SRs by the time i got from the summoning arena to raven, restocked and back the the arena. It saved me a lot of time and was well worth the 90k.

In PK it allows you to deploy more chims in a shorter amount of time or you can summon a few chims then swap CoM for CoL and help them fight.

I think potions should restore a fixed amount of health/mana since a fixed amount of ingreds go into them and they aren't magic.

when i had vitality i had about 360 mana w/o col and 510 with and one pot or spell restores 510 mana?

would be cool to have a pot like this, but with like 5min cooldown, so you only use 1 at storage to fill your mana back up, and cant abuse in fights.

More price and level, like 1k to sell for npc (with ~250gc profit?), npc sells for 2k, level needed 50-70.

And cooldown 5-15 mins.

Btw, what if cooldown was random? :whistle:

Edited by ville-v

I could see this working, but only if it were to have a large cooldown like some have said. 5 minutes would be about right for it. Most fights don't last any longer than that, if that.

Thanks for your replies. I was more thinking of this as a potion for training summoning/magic, not pking. It could be made unuseable in pvp areas. :D

More price and level, like 1k to sell for npc (with ~250gc profit?), npc sells for 2k, level needed 50-70.

And cooldown 5-15 mins.

Btw, what if cooldown was random? :P

I doubt anyone would use this potion for the cost of 1-2K and a 5-15 minute cooldown. Spirit restorations is 20 each, you could get 100SR's for that price. They also have 20 second cooldown, you could drink 15 of those in five minutes. 15x20=300. Potion becomes useless.

Similar suggestion has been made in the past. Personally, I like Z's one the most. Otherway PKing would get even more messed than now it is:/

Gil

Similar suggestion has been made in the past. Personally, I like Z's one the most. Otherway PKing would get even more messed than now it is:/

Gil

You could outright ban it from pking. I just wanted a better way to train summoning/magic while making the CoM more usefull.

note: you didn't mention extra mana potions

Just like Gilean said charging COM problem has already been discussed, but no solution was found :/

Try to use the "bones to mana" feature of the summoning god priest. :D

Well there was my idea of the fruit of the gods tree in a PK area which the fruit from it refills mana but harvests very slowly - like once every minute - dont remember the thread

Just like Gilean said charging COM problem has already been discussed, but no solution was found :/

There is. Lorck posted it twice in this topic :P

Thanks for your replies. I was more thinking of this as a potion for training summoning/magic, not pking. It could be made unuseable in pvp areas. :D

Like already said (three times in this topic), you can fill your mana at summoning god priest if you are training magic/summoning. :)

You can also use "bones to mana" on the summoning god priest to gain mana fast, like 50 bones for 80 mana (very good if you ask me).

It is not 50 bones for 80 mana, it is 50 bones for <put your maximum mana here> mana :P

And also works with CoM...

Edited by ville-v