Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

Atoth mistakenly calling me a scammer (see chat log)

Important parts bolded, keep in mind i was also trading with two other people one immediately before and one after him.

[20:18:56] [atoth @ 3]: selling potions of mana 3gc each

[20:19:03] [PM to atoth: how many?]

[20:19:15] [PM from atoth: like 21]

[20:19:35] [PM to atoth: i would take them if you can meet me at raven]

[20:20:10] [PM to atoth: alright, be you there in a couple]

[20:21:12] [PM to atoth: 100gc]

[20:21:56] [atoth @ 3]: levinmage

[20:22:15] [PM from atoth: im here]

[20:22:25] atoth wants to trade with you. Use the trade icon then click on him/her in order to accept the trade.

[20:22:30] LevinMage: thanks

[20:23:17] [PM from atoth: the money is not in my inventory]

[20:23:33] Kramxel was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[20:24:02] [atoth @ 3]: levinmage is a scammer

[20:24:07] LevinMage: ****

[20:24:13] LevinMage: dude i just traded you

[20:24:23] LevinMage: check your items or storage

[20:24:31] [Ghrae @ 3]: And Atoth is a rule breaker - great guild material :S

[20:25:02] LevinMage: did you find it atoth

[20:25:21] [PM to atoth: did you find it]

[20:25:48] [PM to atoth: it is either in your storage or inventory so check both]

[20:26:10] [PM from atoth: well why was ther an s on the right corner fo the coins]

[20:26:19] [PM to atoth: that means it goes in your storage]

[20:26:35] [PM to atoth: so now you embarass me in front of everyone and ruin my reputation]

[20:26:54] [PM from atoth: o sorry for callin u a scammer i m new hehe]

[20:27:45] [PM from atoth: umm so sorry now eternal lands is telling me the rules orr sumtin]

[20:27:50] [PM to atoth: you can risk it if you want, but an apology saying im not a scammer on channel 3 and say you didnt know what the "s: meant during trade would be apprr]

[20:28:01] [PM to atoth: type it to channel 4]

[20:28:35] [PM to atoth: what channel are you on]

[20:28:47] [PM from atoth: it says channel 12345]

[20:29:01] [PM to atoth: lol, alright, dont worry about, it, i will post a chat transcript on the forum]

[20:29:07] [PM from atoth: mage it is reciting the rulles]

[20:29:10] [PM to atoth: too crazy to worry about]

[20:29:30] [PM from atoth: so now they put my name on the forums and mock me]

[20:30:06] [PM from atoth: im verry sorry ill go to chanell 4 right away]

[20:30:28] [PM to atoth: dont worry about it at all, i will just post a chat transcript on forum, your fine]

[20:31:07] [PM from atoth: it wont let me talk on channels for 20 minutes who reported me]

[20:31:22] [PM from atoth: i hate being a noob]

[20:31:42] [PM to atoth: its fine, just dont rush to call people scammers]

[20:31:43] [PM from atoth: r u a mod r sumtin]

[20:31:57] [PM to atoth: no, ghrae sent you to channel for breaking rules]

[20:32:18] [PM from atoth: o well no i cant talk for 20 minutes this stinks]

[20:32:38] [PM from atoth: do u have a reputation]

[20:32:45] [PM to atoth: as not being a scammer, yes, lol]

[20:33:07] [PM from atoth: cuz this is the first time ive heard of u]

[20:34:59] [PM from atoth: u wana be friends]

Edited by LevinMage

I dont think its a topic for outlaw. He is certainly a newbie and make a newbie mistake, he did not intended to hurt you, and he already apologized anyways.

I know its hard when someone accuse you unfairly and i understand your feeling, though.

I thought since I was being accused of an outlaw to stick it here in the outlaws section. I wasnt trying to infer he was an outlaw and hope it didnt come across that way since he is certainly a newbie and didn't quite know what was going on. If a mod has a better idea of where this topic could be placed they can certainly move it.

Edited by LevinMage

If a mod has a better idea of where this topic could be placed they can certainly move it.

...or delete it.

[20:31:22] [PM from atoth: i hate being a noob]

[20:31:42] [PM to atoth: its fine, just dont rush to call people scammers]

[20:31:43] [PM from atoth: r u a mod r sumtin]

[20:31:57] [PM to atoth: no, ghrae sent you to channel for breaking rules]

[20:32:18] [PM from atoth: o well no i cant talk for 20 minutes this stinks]

[20:32:38] [PM from atoth: do u have a reputation]

[20:32:45] [PM to atoth: as not being a scammer, yes, lol]

[20:33:07] [PM from atoth: cuz this is the first time ive heard of u]

[20:34:59] [PM from atoth: u wana be friends]

I think a genuine mistake was made and the matter could (should?) have ended there. Even your chatlog show that he asked to be friends!

As LevinMage said, the guy is not probably an outlaw.

This thread sounds more like LevinMage trying to defend his honor, and i respect this, he crafted a thread with chat logs to prove that someone who unfairly accused him of scamming was wrong. :blink:

Precisely, this is merely covering Levinmages reputation and as such should be posted SOMEwhere. Outlaws seems the valid choice as this is the section folks looking up reputations of other players come to do forum searches.

It nice to see a post that clears someones name as opposed to the usual type in this section.

Precisely, this is merely covering Levinmages reputation and as such should be posted SOMEwhere. Outlaws seems the valid choice as this is the section folks looking up reputations of other players come to do forum searches.

It nice to see a post that clears someones name as opposed to the usual type in this section.

Yes Pye...but it is kinda rubbing the guys nose in it......

he said he made a mistake.....and he couldnt immediately post a message on channel 3

I feel sorry for him.

I kinda agree with Pye about posting somewhere, but I still feel outlaws was an over-kill.. Maybe Atoth should have considered posting an apology on channel 3 - since the accusation was made there -after being released from ch 12345.

An apology from Atoth himself on General Chat or somewhere would have been better IMO. In short, Levin should not have had to try to clear his name.

In any case, I guess all's well that ends well :D

lol... the joys of trading with newbs :/ a few times I traded with people who didn't know about storage and they called me a scammer too :D

Levinmage where accused of bing a scammer on a channel where alot of ppl sells or buys items, since this was a mistake made by Atoth on the channel this is a good place to show those ppl that where on the channel and might have left it that it was just a mistake and that Levinmage is a trustworthy person you can do bussines with.