Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

War Of Mynadar

The human mercenary looked over the the steep cliff to Myndar, noting the guards and weak spots in the occupied valley.This is what they wanted.The Orchans, well trained and not afraid of anything would be as stiff as the rock they stood on. [Am I really on the right side? The winning side?. Quietly the spy crept back to the camp.

Th dwarves also were ready for the Orchans, and were as ruthless as them. The two hated each other, and the only thing that mattered to the Dwarves was Mynadar. Myndar, the whole problem. Only one could rule there.

After reporting his findings Niburc went to rest.

((Feel free to join))

After a few hours good rest, he heard a loud yelling and ran outside of his tent to investigate the ruccas. He saw that the dwarven soldiers had capturd an Orc Spie, trying to infiltrate Myndar and gather intelligence for the Orchan army. It was blaringly evident that the Dwarf soldiers showed no pity for the Orc as they tortured and interrogated him. Niburc heard the Orc's painful screams and refusal to answer the Dwarves questions for the wherabouts of the Orchan army.

((OOC: Oi! in RP, it is illigal to control someone elses character. Just edit your post and put in your own, kk?))

((OOC: Oi! in RP, it is illigal to control someone elses character. Just edit your post and put in your own, kk?))

i was just adding to it sheesh.

i was just adding to it sheesh.

((OOC:doesn't matter if you add to it or not, no controlling someone else's character :mace: ))

A lone figure stood at the entrance to Nordcarn, losely gripping a Titanium thermal longsword. His attire showed he wasn't a wealthy man, yet not poor either. Hmm, who should I aid in this battle? the man pondered. He had a bleak past with Orchans, and had heard of Lyanna's tragic story. He slowly walked toward the city, a tense presence surrounded it. Many harvesters and alchemists were heading out of the city south to Nordcarn, or boarding the boat to Corren. As he entered past the ruined walls of Mynadar, he was greeted by a stout dwarf. "what is your purpose here in Mynadar, human?" The dwarf bluntly asked. "To get a good ale at the Moonshadow tavern. Oh and, maybe aid you in your upcoming battle." The man said with a smirk. The dwarf did not move. "maybe this will enlighten you to who I am?"He held his thermal longsword up to the dwarf. A smile slowly crept along the dwarf's face. "ah, Starman, you are surely welcome here. You may pass!" He stood aside, and Starman casually walked into the city courtyard, awaiting the Orchan attack.

((OOC: I haven't roleplayed in a long time, hopefully I've gotten better :hehe: ))

(( I'm bored, so I'll give this a go. I'll be playing an evil role though, so fear me, muahahaa. But going along with the storyline, the orcs will eventually loose.... poo! :/ ))

Deep in the mines of Mynadar, where no living being would ever dare to enter stood two goblins each wielded with lethal weapons, guarding the entrance to the wicked lair that no one but the most evil, the most hideous creatures hid.

Monstrous laughters filled the cavern walls as the orcs shared their opinions on how the war would end. "This will be like a child's game. The dwarves are nothing but nonsense; they have no idea of the power we hold. They wouldn't be able to last an hour," roared Rashnak, one of the most cruel orchin warriors in the armed forces. He pointed at a young soldier as he got up from his chair, "You, come over here."

The small orc scampered towards Rashnak. Keeping his head tilted down, he spoke "Y-Yes, sir?". It took less than a second for Rashnak to swing his sword out from his sheath and send it flying towards the neck of the soldier. The halls went silent as the blood dripped to the cavern floor from the headless body. The dead body stood there for a few moments and then toppled lifelessly onto the floor.

Rashnak raised his hand - the one which he held the sword with - and roared. Hundreds of swords flicked into the air as the cave filled with the cries of ruthless warriors. Rashnak had a wicked smile on his face, Mortos will be proud...

(( Oh gosh, I can just keep going but I'll cut it off here. Fear my brutality, hah! ))

Edited by sisteMa`

An elf with a longbow on his back was casualy sitting up in his rooms in the back of the moonshadow inn. While grinding some of his herbs into a foul smelling black paste, he heard the door to the tavern creak open, and a tall rugged man enter. As he walked toward the man he noticed a slight pulse of light from inside the mans sheath. The elf eyed him carefully as he ordered his ale, and eventualy went over to him and asked "What has a man to do in a dwarf and Orchan war?"

((Its my first hopefully correct rp post, how'd i do?))

Starman noticed the elf as he walked toward the bar. "as much as an elf has in one..." he quietly replied. "I go and fight where I please. With that, Starman sat down on the bar stool. "drinks on me..."

"Thanks," Gene said as he walked through the door. He eyed the elf sitting in the corner, he never had a good past with elves, as a boy he once was chasing a rabbit with a stick, and an elve came by and swiftly took out an arrow and killed the rabbit infront of him. But he had to be here to help the dwarves, he grew up with his best friend, "Slim" being a dwarf whos' parents were killed and was orphaned in Corren.

"Shiny Sword" Gene added, as he sat down next to the man who bought him a drink...

The elf's name was Flea....a bit strange, but what to expect of an elf? The man who bought him the ale was Starman, a wealthy merchant-warrior from Nordcarn, he was impartial as to wars in most cases, as to keep buissness rolling, to see him participate in an accual battle would be suprising. Although with his thermal sword next to Gene's rusted titanium serpant sword he looked like a warrior more than him....

He had not heard of this Flea character, but had suspected great things, it was not often that you saw an elve helping dwarves...

"I am Gene from White Stone" He said, trying to start up a little of the conversation, to learn more about these people and their roles in this battle.....

(I hope im not that bad...its my first time RPGing)

Edited by Geneams

(( You're all doing great! But you should get your troops ready; Rashnak's patients is running out ))

The terrifying footsteps of hundreds of orcs filled the cave. The fire from the torches some held in their hands created flickering shadows on the walls while they stomped them on the ground. Adrenaline rushed through each and every single soldier's veins as they awaited command. The rhythm they created by pounding their feet and torches would remind death and demise to even the bravest knights.

Soon, my warriors, soon will all your swords taste the blood of our enemies, thought Rashnak as he glided his eyes through the army which he would be commanding in the battle. His grip tightened harder onto the pommel of his sword as he clenched his teeth, If we can pull this off, Mynadar will fall into the hands of its rightful owner. And I will claim my place beside Mortos. A dreadful smile appeared on his face, revealing his brown decayed teeth. Hurling his jet black hair back he turned around and gestured for one of his assistance to get closer.

"Get the army something to eat; we don't want them to fight on an empty stomach. And I also want you to let the Lord know that we are ready for the battle. We will engage as soon as he blesses us with his power", Rashnak emitted a bark of laughter, "We shall have a feast tonight, make sure there is plenty of wine."

But if we can't manage it, then I don't want to imagine what will happen. He sat down, closed his eyes and listened to the melody, feeling the soft breeze...

Edited by sisteMa`

" I should get back to some of my potions and posins, and other things" Flea yawned. "See you all in the morning. "As he was almost all the way up the stairs,he felt a slight rumbling. As he sprinted to his room,he found the trapdoor the innkeeper told him about and scrambled up onto the roof. With his amazing eyesight he say the begginings aof an army form all the way across the horizon. He hurridly scrambled into his room, pourd burning hot couldrens into sepret vials, pasted his arrows and dagger with the black poisin,snatched his pouch of essences, and sprinted down the stair.

"They've come" He yelled while sprinting and hurdiling tables to get to the door. "the orchans with the orcs are here!"

As he ran to the barracks to alert the troops he saw them drinking ale. "The battle has come" he said in his that slow calm elven voice that his father had taught him so as not to show emotion. It brought back painful memerys. "And why havent our soldiers on the wall told us about this?"The captain of the group replied. "they would beat you here." " Get one of your numerous inventions that make you see farther, for gillins sake!" He purposly used the dwarven god to spur them to action. As soon as they had retreved their strange instrament they mounted the top of the wall as he peered through the device he turned pale under his beard. "He's right."he whispered. Then he came back to his fulll self. "Archers on the battlements. foot dwarfs by the gate.Axs behind move move! Some tell morumi We need his rockets primed for everything. We dont know what dirty tricks they will play. I said MOVE!" Eventualy the chaos had subsided and everyone was in position. Then the army came into view.

"Mercanary! Scum! wake up!" An ugly (as Niburc thought of all dwarves) was shaking him out of his groggy sleep. "What hap-going on?" The whole camp was being woken, Dwarves stumbled on armour. It was a pitiful site, what kind of soldiers were these? "The Orchans are coming, the Orchans are coming!" yelled dwarves stumbling over the half finished trenches and the small foxholes. "Not only are we caught off guard our defenses aren't even ready" yells the egineer. We'll never survive thinks Niburc. "How soon will they be here?""5 minutes".

Niburc and many of the dwarves started climbing the mountain to the side. "Cowards" yelled the Sturdy dwarves below. The Orchans came, giants to the dwarves. The malice of the beasts, who could have driven them to this crazyness? The dwarves were like pebbles in a wave, crushed with no mercy and with little force. Niburc watched the gore with the dwarves, "we must get away from here, they are all doomed".

The band left Mynadar and left to the plains.

(guess he was a double agent)

Upon hearing the news of the attack from the mine coming Gene grasped the hilt of the blade and silently prayed...prayed his plan would work. He ran infront of the archers to see the onslaught of the army aproaching...looking at the half-finished trenches he shoved the potions given to him from Mira into the base of the trench. He then ran back grasping the essence in his pouch. Once he was a safe distance away he threw a fire and energy essence at the death essences he placed next to the potions, he new the mercury in the death essence would ignite and explode the trench while the orchans and orcs attacked. As the first line stepped over the trench his potions exploded, and set the night on fire...aswell as some orchans still charging at the lines...

Flea went to the wall and glanced down at the Dwarven infentry and archers. There were to many enemys, that was certain they couldnt survive the night. As he finaly strung his bow, it dawned on him that he could escape. Vollys of arrows started to rain around him, and he saw ogres in the distance. Time to go he thought as he slipped off they wall. Running through the streets he heard a large explosinand as he turned the air was filled with fire. "What devilry has Mortos unleashed on us" he murmured, transfixed by the flames. Then he heard a thuding that could only mean battering rams. "May Allwen protect them, and drive the orcs away in fear." he whispered, as he ran through the inn into his room. After gathering his few possesions, he walked into the street.

A group of orchans were coming down the street. How did they brake through so quickly? he asked himself, as they took sight of him. 3 quicks arrows had them leaping into sidestreets, and He continued his flight. Suddenly he felt a large body grapple over him and he felt a large orc on his back. He feel and spun while snatching his dagger, and stabbed him in the chest. The poison quickly did its work, and he was able to leap onto the cliff face before anyone else could stop him.

When he had finaly scaled the cliff he looked down on the flaming myndar. " What I came to kill now rampages lose in the streets of the dwarfs." He tied a death essence and an air essences to an arrow. " fly swift" he said as he loosed his shining package. the arrow curved and created a funnel of wind which destroyed all it touched. But suddenly, it stopped, and clatterd to the ground as an orchan mage stepped out into the street. He ran hard and fast but was still hit by a powerful blast of magic, and vaguely saw a group of people on the horizan before his vision flashed and he lost coincessness.

Edited by flea

The attack had been going well for the dwarves regardless of starman still sitting in the inn...the dwarves had not only held their lines but had driven the orchans back beyond the trenches, with the enemy on the move, the footsoldiers had voulentarly followed them, Gene followed, even though he knew he would regret it...as the soldiers charged they suddenly stopped in their tracks. They had seen Mortos' what Mortos had in store for them....

As Flea slowly opened his eyes he felt a sharp throbbing in his head. He looked down the cliff and saw the tides had changed. The Dwarfs had been able to push the orcs back past the trenches, but were starting to retreat slightly. He sighed as he saw how far he would have to climb to get back to the battle.

When he had finaly gotten to the ground he noticed Starman asleep in the inn. "Basterd" he said, and slowly a smile crept across his face. He crept into the main room of the inn and slowly removed starmans glowing sword. Slipping into the street he hid it under his cloak and walked down the street.

He saw Gene on the field of battle fighting numerous orchans. Flea sprinted out into the battle swinging the thermal sword around and eventualy getting to Gene. " you could use this sword well, Gene, Want it?"

Gene eyed the elf and grinned, perhaps this one was not bad after all! "Why Not" he said as he fought of the three orchans attacking and grabbed the thermal out of the elves' hands and shoved his titanium serpent into the hands of a nearby dwarf...perhaps we can last the night, if we can just stop that orchan one orchan with that strange instrument, perhaps we could win...Gene slipped his monster magnetism cloak on under his brown cape, he hid in the brush and waited, he drank a potion of vitality and of feasting so he could stay hidden, he knew that this move would result in either immediate death or victory....

As soon as Flea gave Gene the thermal, he realised he had a problem. He was stuck in the midst of abattle without a sword. He stabed an orchan in the the back and snatching up his swordwas able to quickly parry a blow coming from an oncoming orc. Fighting his way out of the madness, he finaly sheathed his dagger.

He noticed that Gene was hiding in the brush. He must have a reason He thought. Taking his bow off his back, he fired an arrow at an orchan coming to close. "He better have a plan, since i'm covering him," he said under his breath. Flea saw a group of pikemen coming towrd the brush, probobly to make a barrier. He quickly dipped an arrow into a vial of melted fire essence and shot the burning payload onto the pike of one of the orchans. It quickly bacame a flaming stick,and he dropped it once he felt his hands turning black. That set the others on fire, and they were quickly running back to their base camp. He noticed a slight tint of green coming out from the faded brown cloak gene was wearing. Flea smilled, knowing that now he could just ignore the orcs, and focus on the orchans.

((OOC: Sorry I was gone so long, some real life business got in the way))

Starman quickly arose, but stumbled to the ground. "I must have been asleep..." he could hear the sounds of the battle around him. He peered around the cornerof the doorway to the tavern, and orchancs and dwarves were everywhere. He quicky went to grab his thermal longsword, but only grasped air. "that piece of scum elf must have taken it from me!" Starman raced into the streets, looking for the elf. He picked up a discarded iron broad sword from one of the dead orchans. an orchan suddenly jumped infront of him, and almost knocked starman off his feet. he clutched the broad sword tightly and swung furiously at the green beast. The orchan evaded his attacks, and brought his large sword above his head, preparing to strike. Starman leaped out of the way, and sliced the orchan in two. Starman spotted the elf from the tavern fighting as well. He raced over to the elf, who had killed another orc, and pulled him into the nearest building. "WHAT have you done with my sword!!!" he asked at the elf.

Edited by Starman_Omega

Flea saw starman racing towards him.uh oh he thought as starman came up to him and asked him what he had done with his sword. Gene needs more time to use that swordhe thought. " Well starsleeper," he said, "looks like you finaly woke up"

(( do your stuff, Gene , or im probobly going to get chopped in half!))

"You never answered my question, elf," Starman said. "Please, do not make me have to hurt you. All I want is my sword back, besides, are we not fighting for the same cause?" He promplty unsheathed the Iron broad sword.

The sword looked really shiny, and sharp." Um, its sorta otta my control, sotheres nothing i can do about it" he said slowly backing away. He tensed, ready to grab his essence pouch if starman chose to attack." My judgement told me a sleeping man could very easily be a dead man, and an orchan with a thermal sword wasnt exactly a good thing, especial if he reported it to his commander. Why dont you just get it after the battle, so we can fight these brutes instead of each other?"

Gene knew the attack was almost over and he had one close call with a few pikeman, but they ran...he quickly drank a potion of coordination because he knew he only had one shot....He jumped up out of his hiding spot to see the orchans have pushed the dwarves back quite a bit...on the back of their lines a sole warrior rode around on what seemed to be a corrouded unicorn, Gene ran up behind him and threw a death essence and an air essence at the unicorn, as it was making its final motions of life Gene shoved his newly "aquired" thermal sword through the orchan's heart...the orcs instantly stopped in their tracks and ran back into the gold mine, however the orchans still stayed. And they were mad.

(you all better come to my rescue or I am gonna get a sword through my head and lose that thermal)