Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Thermal Serps 200K

Ok,lets all just decide what weapons we want to use and shutup about it..

I would rather buy 10+ new swords than 1 serpent sword of thermal...

thermal serp is best weapon in game.

BoD compared to themal serp sux! why? first very high break rate ( i know some ppl who broke there bod real fast, including me ).

Slightly off-topic, but I wanted to point something out - and no Lorck, I'm not going for a "gotcha", just proving a point.

I think the sellers try to get the best price they can. The price goes low because nobody "fills the void".

Furthermore, several "strikes" failed, for instance the alchers, the manuers and the crafters strikes all failed.

Which alchemist strike are you thinking failed? I remember one not long after I was playing that actually obtained its goals. The strike happened, and yes, there were a few people taking advantage of the situation and selling lower, and you've heard their stories of making it rich doing so. Then again, there were people like me, who banded together in that strike, to form a trade union, with people who made essences partnering with people who used them - I could tell you how I became moderately wealthy from some orders I had. My point is this - the goal we worked for in that strike was realized, with prices raising slightly for awhile.

Yes, the manu/crafter strike failed - I think that was because the people who held the strike in that case lacked the organization that the alchemists built for themselves - if they had organized better, and fully come up with a what-to-do about low prices, I think they too would've succeeded.

In the same way, I think if the thermal serp owners are really worried about the low prices, I think they should band together with some real objectives to raising the prices. Granted, this would be a novel concept for many of the serp-holders - laborers generally don't face the same guild relations that fuel the need for thermal serps. Imagine - you might actually have to work with your enemy for a change.

If the majority of sellers agree not to accept too low of a price, people are going to become more suspicious of people who ask for the low prices.

Yup, thermal serp is better because it got lower break rate than bone of death.

You can buy 8 new swords for the price of a thermal, and thermal serp is not that much better than the other swords and also got high break rate (not so high as the bod).

And the price, the original topic, is right considering the offer/demand of those swords.

Bone of death dosn't have that low break rate.. Took me a while to break both of mine.. And now the NMT Cloaks are out, they will last alot longer. :blush:

I think I had maybe 45+ fights with both my BoD's.. Maybe even more.

And I've only degraded one COL.. And that was against Lorck :hug:

I heard reports of a lot of people breaking bones of death. I used it for some time (and stopped cuz it was not very fun to win with just luck) and never broke.

The only really expensive item i broke was a thermal serp when it was far the best weapon in game. :S

list of ppl breaking bod real fast :

-zaer : 2 mins

-ladywolf : first use

-me : 10 mins

and maybe more, but forgot

It apparently breaks as easy as normal Bone, or so I have herd. But I didn't use it all the time, I would switch from Thermal Serp, or Bod, depending on who/what armour I was fighting.

I guess it's just down to luck, and weither or not it breaks.

Back on-topic.. You can only buy thermal serps, at the minute.. And people (LuciferX, and others) Charge 4-5k per 1$.. 90x4/5 = 400-500k..

But there are alot of Thermals, cause its a easy way for rich people IRL to make some GC on a game.

#edit - Spelling, grammer.

Edited by Liquid

just now, i trained on fluff for 1hour ++, and with only 1 bone, didn't get destroyed lol... and my bod destroyed in 10 mins :'(

thermal1.jpg

:omg:

I hate to rub it in Dushan, but you just bumped up the price some more, they have become even more rare inagme now so the extra 10k I request on #3 will be dedicated to your loss.

thermal1.jpg

:(

I hate to rub it in Dushan, but you just bumped up the price some more, they have become even more rare inagme now so the extra 10k I request on #3 will be dedicated to your loss.

lol

Labby you really have no idea how many thermals there are in-game, do you?

I'd say 75+..

in my year of play i have busted 2 or 3 thermals and dropped 1. i currently have 2 in storage.

my first bod lasted a long time but it did finally break i bought another one and it broke the next day so i never bought another one.

i am kinda in the middle of all this while i agree 200k is a bit low i also think 500k is a bit high.

as far as what is the best weapon in the game i don't really know if any one weapon is the best. each weapon has stats that work well for one person but not so well for others. like me (i reset and have low coord) the cutlass isn't the best weapon in the game but it works the best for me right now.

but you have to figure in the fact that thermals have been around for awhile and people like new things so while certain items might be better than others some people will use items that they like or that help their current stats.

i have heard alot of people say thermals have died and saw the price drop accordingly while i do agree thermals have been diminished in stature i think they will survive and probably increase slightly in cost after the "new items" rage wears off.

All prices are dropping.. Thats one of the problems.. I remember when Cutlass's first came out.. They were 30-35k each.. Now I can't even sell one for 20k..

I remember when Thermal Tit Longs were the same price as Thermal Serps are now.. But the problem will be, IF the prices do go back up, people will just buy more from the Online Shop, so they can make a quick 300k+ in-game.. Which will then decrease the price, and this will just keep happening, over and over..

I honestly don't think the prices will ever be fixed.