Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Thermal Serps 200K

(RFC in the traditonal Request For Comments rather than one connotation I could think of)

Why has everyone on the market channel decided that 150-200K is a reasonable price for Thermal Serpents?

I believe that the price should return to the pre-new sword prices as there are an extremely limited number (I personally do not know anybody ingame that has made one) of modable serps so you could hardly consider the market is in terminal overload with them.

If you have a thermal serp, please say so here and we can do a quick count.

Also, and I am going to hazard that there will be no posts at all, please post here if you have a modable serp (and are willing to risk the extremely high failure rate) and are willing to make it into a thermal serp.

And yes, I have a thermal and paid full price for it, and still think it is much better than all the new swords, if only for "poseur" value.

In all the time I have had it, I think it has killed 3 bunnies, but it regularly blesses beam and the occasional event as an audience member.

Please, fellow thermal serp owners, don't sell for less than the 450-500k range - we hold the monopoly on them, why not make them items you have to work for again..

But some day you can, and it is not nice if modable serp costs 300k+ and all items made with it are less that 200k :)

Edited by ville-v

Imo thermal serp is way too cheap.. its not manuable + its still one of the best swords ingame.

with thte new weappons only 30k there is no chance for the sword to get more value...

Maybe increase the stats of the thermal serp ? it is TEH Sw0rD

edit : typo and ps

ps : i have 1 too -_-

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

Imo thermal serp is way too cheap.. its not manuable + its still one of the best swords ingame.

with thte new weappons only 30k there is no chance for the sword to get more value...

Maybe increase the stats of the thermal serp ? it is TEH Sw0rD

edit : typo and ps

ps : i have 1 too -_-

well if the people who want the sword cant afford more then 200k then whats the point of raising the price it wont sell..i think people test the waters..BTW i am in agreement with you that it is too cheap

Edited by mufossa

When I started this game I couldn't afford 500K, but the fact that there was a weapon available for that price spurred me on to actually work and earn one.

Now I have one, and seven other glowies of different types. My goal is to collect the complete set.

The entire point of games of this genre are to increase levels, get the best items and become one of the "Remembered Few" that are talked about in whispers.

Why shouldn't sellers set the price? If someone can't afford it, another player will fill the void, and the cycle will continue.

Who would sell health essences at 3 GC when they can sell the silver alone for 4 GC? In the case of the swords somebody must have at some point spent $90 and wants a return on his investment, and so on down the line until I got mine, at what I consider a reasonable and equitable price.

And a PM to me from somebody that can't post because he must have been teh naughty :sneaky:

I got thermal serp too

So there's another serp for the list :icon13: And thanks Mystery Serp Owner #1

IMO the price drop in thermals makes plenty of sense.

-New swords are out, plus bone of death

-Some people are holding out until thermal serp is manuable.

-Some don't want to wait until it's manuable, but they still are holding out a bit longer to see if the price drops further.

-Like mufossa said, there aren't many people with 400-500k to blow. Especially now that there are so many "money sinks" in the game- expensive vials, new armors/weaps, etc.

Anyway thermal is $90, worth 200k so about 2k per USD. That is about the same rate you get on EFEs now that they are $2, and it is definitely better than the rate you get on some of the other items in the EL shop. Like for example I think a full iron plate is $30, so close to 500gc per USD :sneaky:

If the demand for thermal serps could be magically raised so that the market price is 400k, then that'd be about 4.5k per USD. Players who want a thermal (or just want to make money from selling one) would buy it, raising the number of thermal serps in-game, so price would again fall. Probably not as low as 200k, but I do think it would fall.

I think the sellers try to get the best price they can. The price goes low because nobody "fills the void".

Furthermore, several "strikes" failed, for instance the alchers, the manuers and the crafters strikes all failed.

I am sure that people would love to sell for 500k or 600kgc. The main problem would be someone willing to buy it.

Yeah, like Lorck said :sneaky:

It's just basic supply and demand... "How good something is" is only relevant to the point that it influences demand. You don't price based on how good something is though. Anyone remember pet rocks? :icon13:

thermal sucks comparing to the new swords..

and btw tit plate gives defence against thermal + you got those spells that protect against cold/heat dmg which also take dmg from thermal away ;p

result = thermal is as useless as a iron sword

Nah, its a very good sword. Add +16 of damage to the stats of a serp sword(+8 of cold, +8 of fire) and look at it again. Decent bonus, decent damage. Even if you considere the +3 of resistence of cold and fire provided by tit plate, it would still give +10 of damage per hit, compared to a regular serp sword.

Unfortunately, as Roos said, you can compare price items for its quality, the best way is for its offer/demand on the market.

Its weird,why arent Bod's more popular?,well you can really tell...

Its weird,why arent Bod's more popular?,well you can really tell...

because when you use one you get noone to fight :mace:

EDIT: on topic i agree with hardcore to some extent, thermal serp isn't quite as useless as an iron sword but it's no longer the "ultimate weapon" it was so naturally the demand (and therefore the price) drops.

Edited by Bharain

Also, in the case of bone, it got high break rate.

And the +16 of the thermal serp is constant while the extra damage of the bone you dont get very often.

Finally there are the atlantis axiom: "kill someone with a lucky hit of bone is not pwning him".

I've had many, always sold them for 250k+

I had a modable serp too, sold that for 100k, after paying 50k for it. And regards to the Bod, it is good, and if I had to pick between Bod & Thermal, I would pick Bod everytime.

So many people have bought Thermals for real $'s just so they can get some in-game GC..

And I don't have a thermal at present.

Nah, its a very good sword. Add +16 of damage to the stats of a serp sword(+8 of cold, +8 of fire) and look at it again. Decent bonus, decent damage. Even if you considere the +3 of resistence of cold and fire provided by tit plate, it would still give +10 of damage per hit, compared to a regular serp sword.

Unfortunately, as Roos said, you can compare price items for its quality, the best way is for its offer/demand on the market.

true but those heat/col protection spells protect against thermal too, i dunno how much + protection they give but if you minus that +10 then you have little left. (making cutlass or w/e other new weapon better)

I think they add +5 each, including the Tit plate, thats 8.. So its like a normal serp..

and btw tit plate gives defence against thermal + you got those spells that protect against cold/heat dmg which also take dmg from thermal away ;p

im afraid you are incorrect me and toomass cleared this issue thermal serp is still best sword in the game!

im afraid you are incorrect me and toomass cleared this issue thermal serp is still best sword in the game!

Yeah maybe for you guys with 120+ attack, compared to the new swords, Thermal dosn't hit no where near as much.. And damage wise the new swords hit harder.. I tested.