Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayton

Guild controlled castles (not owned)

lol, yea monster guards would be nice i think that was said in the last post about this to...only then we only had wolves to work with :) How hard would it be fore players to set up traps around and in the castle? For a certain sum of money of course...

It wouldn't be that easy to take a castle:

-you need supplies of potions and rings...suspicious nature noted. Guild buys supplies

-seriously, anyone with enough rings can kill a gargi...I've tried it.

But still here are basically the ideas I think I can summmarize so far as:

-NPC/monster guards

-pking castles

-a def bonus (i.e. +5 if you go on the defensive in a castle

So, could entropy code all this, easily?

Guest Regnak

I dunno if anyone has suggested it i can be stuffed reading all posts but maybe we could have like a NPC guild representative. The NPC could jsut stay in the castle and it cant be killed and stops the castle from being taken when the guild members are online. IT makes it easier for new guilds with less members

hmm with this new 'summoning' spell you could just have 2 high levels summoners sitting just inside the castle summoning orc or gargs lol

i liked sanders idea as well as the gargs an stuff.hiring guards with clan money would require a due for members to pay.but for the entire idea to work there needs to be guild tagging.this would also give that eye thing another function.you can use it to see who is on your side and whose castle it is.

I had an idea for guilds in the NPC guilds thread. Although now technically be clans, the idea would still work nonetheless. To be a clan, you acquire a castle. Then, you have to get members to pay the rent, and the money automatically goes into a collective bank which will pay the rent. The ruler of the clan can set the guild dues, but even though he controls the money, he can only do so many things with it. He can hire guards and bank and teleport services, etc., for a monthly fee, or set it to give new members a special item or something like that. He can't actually withdraw the money to give himself a bonus. Only buy things for the guild. Anyway, should a group of people think they would make a better clan, they can attack the castle, which would alert the members. If the invaders win, they are now a clan and the previous members aren't. They also get the clan money from the old members added to their pot.

Well if we did have this idea and the whole thing about someone always having to be in the castle well then the programmers in the guild (I'm a novice c/c++ guy) could just build bots and then just run em and have them sit in the castle

this would still be fun! :D Maybe get some spice back into pk... (im bored and am going through posts...)

That's one helluva case of thread necromancy..

Towards the idea of guilds owning castles, just about every game does this or has some form of this. ;) Why should we be the odd puppy out? Although, there needs to be some kind of stat requirement out of players to let them participate.. I.e., the guild leader must have two skills at 70+ instead of attack, defense, or magic to be able to 'siege' the castle with his guild: it shuns the idea of all-PK and all-fighter guilds hogging the castles. Non-fighter guilds need to have fun too. ;)

Edited by Daxon

how about...a VERY strong monster...the persons guild who kills it, get the castle for a specific period of time (and can claim the rewards) until the monster spawns again (obviously a long spawn time)

If every player has an additional stat which says in which guild he is, you could be able to only attack people that are not in your guild.

2498[/snapback]

Modify that slightly and it could be a useful concept: If there was a concept of rival/feuding/enemy guilds, then allow guild members to attach members of those enemy guilds. This could open up the concept of limited-PK maps.

Non-guild members should not be involved though -- Players need to have the choice as to whether they get involved in these feuding organsations.

For a guild master to declare a feud against another guild, a casus belli must exist between them. Otherwise things get arbitary and chaotic. Probably the only factor in-game would be to count guild-vs-guild kills.

I liked Entropys idea best - why not having a few small Castles in a pk map and stuff spawn inside a central room - fights would immediately start!

Why doing it very complicated if there's an easy way?

i dont know if this has been said i dont feel like reading alot but how about they bots to guard the castle *cough*corpus*cough* :P

(btw this is a j/k)

Edited by Dino91

Well, i think of a more ctf style castles. There should be a throne in the castle , and an opposite guild member with rank 10+ must sit on the throne to take control. Also , ( this is slightly ot) we should have like arenas with limited levels , like in muonline. You go to a gladiator trainer npc ( maybe in the castle ) and choose lets say arena 1 : max a/d/p/c 20/20/10 next one 25/25/15/15 or something like it. I also had an idea of an el parliament. With voting on a monthly basis.

i have a idea on a way for someone who wants to visit their friends in a guild, the winners get a infinite amout of capes that allow people to not be attacked by ppl in a pk map, but it disappears as soon as you attack something, leave pk map, or die. also, if another guild takes over a castle, you will get a message that will say the cape will vanish in 10mins.

like a super mm cape

Edited by gilthanas

Ok, This idea is basically from Ragnorak Online, as they do castles. Its supposed to be only at certain, announced times, guilds can go and attack a castle, that start off being guarded by one of the toughest "boss" monsters in the game.

So atleast there is a start to waht a guild needs to do to win the castle.

I can't remember for sure if there is an item/money room, but we could add it that every so often, each member can withdraw a random item (so not every one is getting thermal serps)

There's a couple ideas about this idea.

And Slayton, stop showing off your necrophiliac tendacies, please!

i have a idea on a way for someone who wants to visit their friends in a guild, the winners get a infinite amout of capes that allow people to not be attacked by ppl in a pk map, but it disappears as soon as you attack something, leave pk map, or die. also, if another guild takes over a castle, you will get a message that will say the cape will vanish in 10mins.

like a super mm cape

165116[/snapback]

sorry, we are talking about something that adds spice to pking and not some holidays in a romantic castle with view thing