Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ariel_Engle

Some cool ideas

I notice when I came back to play this game there were a few lousy changes.

Like the cool down on food and potions which makes it more time consuming to make items that require food energy.

Pluse these negtive effects on some days like the acid rain, the day of more grief, no havesting, and no eating these days are annoring and not cool.

But enough of ranting about that on to the ideas.

1. Get rid the food energy and have food items heal instead.

2. Make it so we can use our pick points to make our perks stronger the highest a perk can get is lvl 4

Exp: Powersaver saves food when your not hurt but does not work when researching, harvesting, mining, and making items. I notice when I had the powersave perk and wore the powersave cape it made it so I can harvest items without wasting food energy.

So heres how the lvl perks would go.

lvl1 powersave just the same as it is now.

lvl2 powersave makes it so you can harvest and mine without wasting food.

lvl3 powersave makes it so you can research without wasting food.

lvl4 powersave makes it so you can make items without wasting food.

To lvl up a perk just pay the same amount of pick points but you pay a little more money per lvl

This would make getting perks better.

3. I notice that you guys are not getting paid but heres an idea that would make you money.

Most GBA have wyi fyi connection to the internet. What if you made it so you can play the eternal lands on your GBA you can make the directions arrows move the pointer, the B botton would left click and the A would right click, you can hold the L botton and press left or right to change angles and hold R and up and down to zoom in and out not sure about the start and select but you can choose them this would make the game portable and funner to play.

4. Most great games have some easter eggs that players can find and use to enhance there game playing experiace like you can make it so a player can train alchmey at a sertain place and it will not subtract food energy or certain areas you have inf health something fun like that.

These are just ideas take them or leave them but I want cerdite if you use them. :D

I noticed you ranted on the bad days, but said nothing about the good. Ya gotta take the good with the bad bud :(

Here's my opinion on your ideas.

1) Food healing would eliminate the need for body rests. When you eat a cheeseburger, do your cuts, scrapes, broken bones feel better? No, the idea behind food and healins is if you are well rested and well fed, you'll heal slowly. If you want an item to heal instant, use a body rest, or magic to heal, but I doubt food will ever have a healing aspect to it (other than what it already does).

2) That would make the perks far to strong. What about the conj perk? lvl 4 could I summon without using mana? Mirror perk, every other hit is reflected? Even the idea with the ps perk, having no food loss would be far to strong of a manufacturing tool. You could rip through armor, essences, anything without the delay or cost of having to eat food. Even if it does cost more pp, it would be far to strong of a perk.

3) I'll leave a developer the joy of answering this one. I'll just say that aside from the technical and programmable aspect of it, GBA is associated with Nintendo, a rather large industry. How do you propose someone have them take interest in a "free" net game with a player base of roughly 3000 (rough estimate, I have no idea). Again, the technical and programmable aspect of it alone, not going to happen...

4) Easter Eggs wouldn't be a bad idea though, but many have been suggested. Nothing really adding to the leveling of skills, but things like snowballs to throw, cardgames at the taverns, so on and so forth.

-Muppet

all suggested before... (3), for example... is open for people to try to do, but there's not a lot of interest so far

Well you know what you would be the first web base game to try to get your cleint put in the GBA format. Besides with the large amount of people you have so far I bet they would love the idea.

As for the programing side the cleint would have to be made small emough to fit on a 256Mb cartrige that is the largest I seen in GBA files. If you want to try to test this out I got a EZ Flash2 PowerStar that I could use to help test the cleint.

EZ Flash2 PowerStar is know as a flash cartiridge meaning you can put any file on it and run it on the GBA the size of the cartridge is 256Mb I really think this would be a killer idea and I would love to help by testing.

If your not going to get rid of the food energy plz get rid of the cool down effect on the food at least cause it really hinders people making items.

Well you know what you would be the first web base game to try to get your cleint put in the GBA format
ya think there may be a reason for that?
As for the programing side the cleint would have to be made small emough to fit on a 256Mb cartrige that is the largest I seen in GBA files. If you want to try to test this out I got a EZ Flash2 PowerStar that I could use to help test the cleint
fine, go do it. or pay someone to do it :) otherwise don't hold your breath, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon
If your not going to get rid of the food energy plz get rid of the cool down effect on the food at least cause it really hinders people making items.
oddly enough... that's exactly the point!

3) Is only a "Simple Matter Of Programming" (or Porting, in this case).

Google it to understand my irony.

4) There are already a lot of easter eggs in EL. Play the game to find them!

1. Get rid the food energy and have food items heal instead.

no rs plxkthnxbye

If your not going to get rid of the food cooldown at least make it the same speed as the potions cool down that way it will be more bearable.

Cause I can't really make good exp with the food cool down rate the way it is now so plz speed it up some.

Another idea make it so we can store the food at the bank places cause I hate to waste food.

Edited by Ariel_Engle

If your not going to get rid of the food cooldown at least make it the same speed as the potions cool down that way it will be more bearable.

Potions of varying stregnths have varying cooldowns as well. If the cooldowns from the free food are too long for you, try cooked meat or Feasting Potions.

Cause I can't really make good exp with the food cool down rate the way it is now so plz speed it up some.

The game is about more than just leveling, it's also about strategy. If fruit isn't working for you, try something else. Why should the easiest food sources to get be the best ones? That makes for bad economy. I joined EL way after the cooldown was introduced and have had no problems leveling any of my manu-oriented skills.

Another idea make it so we can store the food at the bank places cause I hate to waste food.

Then sell it to the taverns and store the gold. You can just pick more fruit and veggies later if you need, or buy them back from the tavern later. Yes, that will be more expensive, but consider it a premium for refridgerating your fruit. :P

innit wonderful when people repeat stuff already answered?

oddly enough... that's exactly the point!