Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PEACEOFWAR

No P2p?

Sorry to Question powers that be, But I am unsure of making game P2p.. There are 100's of other games with Simular idealisms out there already charging, most $5-$10 a month, Some as high as $40. most as many point out have same ablt'ys and idea's ranging from guilds to mining.

Personaly, And I am sure will be the case, at the $10 mark, The game must be better then all others. EverQuest For instance charges about that, And they have literaly Never ending stuff, put out full new game add-ons, and Have subliminal Message's To keep players hooked.

I know the idea may be rash, but maybe By staying free, we could get enough people, A high enough player base, that and people to donate, to make it worth our while. I know This game is the retirement wish's of countless people, And we do like your hard work.

P.s. I hope im still in good graces with Powers that be. :?:

The idea is to have both. A free continent for the poor people and the cheapskates, and a PvP continent with more races, more different animals, more weapons etc...

And the cost for P2P is probably going to be something around $5. Don't quote me on that, because I have no say in it :)

The game would not survive long on donations :) So keeping it free would defeat the purpose when the games shut down....

Lol sumbliminal msgs.. i think thats part of everything... this game i will p2p, i play it almost as much as rebel :shock:

While it's not carved in stone, we plan to charge 6/month or 15/3 months or 50/year (USD).

You guys should support the idea of p2p because only like that the game can improve.

If I work in a factory 8:30 hours/day like I did in the last 2 weeks, I can't really write much code when i get home, because I am too tired, and I also like to do something relaxing, after a full day of work.

A commercial game costs about 20-45 USD, and most of them you play for like what? A few months? (with a few exceptions).

This game, on the other hand is free to download, and even paying 5 USD/month you'd play about 8 months to cover the cost of a commercial game.

Not to mention there will be always a free version.

I agree Ent, paying for the game is the only way that it will develop into the game most of us are asking for, and $6? Come on guys, most of us spend more than that on coffee every week.

if any ever looks at the donation page did u see this?

Right now, we need money to buy 3D Studio Max, which is about 3000 USD.

witch means entropy needs the money so p2p is a good idea with some exceptions maby?

i cant do p2p tho i got no credit card :P but yet thats a good thing no depts yay

I think that around $3/month is more reasonable. If the price is cheaper, more people will pay. Besides, why not just go and get a commercial game that's $5/month otherwise?

Ehhmmmm...yeah. And what do you suppose will happen if this game gets a bit more succeful and the 3D studio ppl find out you've been using their product without paying.

$6/month is reasonable. And yes, I do spend more on coffee...

LOL funny name milkshape and ya if Ent downloaded it from Kazaa (which he would never do (I think)) if he got caught he would be put in jail and well no more updates of the game :cry::cry:

Nah, just buy it. When you start the p2p, within a few months you could afford it...

And wasn't it $7000? Huh... Also, try Gmax in the meantime.