Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evalin

realm vs realm?

I doubt this would be iplemented, but it'd definitely make for an interesting time.

Each player by default has his/her loyalty set to Seridia (you start there, makes sence).

For a certain cost (10k gc?) a player can change his/her loyalty to Irillion, or from Irillion back to Seridia. When ever a player enters a map in which he/she is not "loyal" to, they are marked for pk. This would definitely put a whole new twist on things, and I believe make them somewhat exciting. For the non fighters, they need not worry either, just stick to the continent you're "loyal" to, and no one would attack you.

Who knows, maybe this would be a possibility if there were to be a 3rd continent (equivilant of Seridia) in which Seridia and Cont 3 would have these rules applied, and Irillion have the rules it does now, as a neutral continent.

Just something off the top of my head :P

I love it, but i think telling non fighters to 'stick to the continent they're loyal too' is a bit restricting. Maybe implement passports or something for players (permission to visit said map for however long) without having to switch loyalties at such a cost?

It's alway possible to balance out the two continents, or wait for a 3rd continent. Hence the equivilant to Seridia comment. :P

edit: also, no one said you can't head to the other continent for shoping, harvesting, ect. You'd just be pkable. Pkable means able to be pk'd... doesn't mean everyone's going to jump at the chance to pk you, though they might :)

Edited by Evalin

I think thats the worry though- I for one only go to pk maps when i an't be bothereed to type beam me, and doubt I'll every make my real PVP debut, despite what I say. I'd rather be able to go there safely, obviously at 10k a time thats unrealistic (20k if you count the return).

I like the idea though

I'm not making the trip 10k... only to "change loyalties" of continents. One big thing would be, the maps would have to be balanced. Training available for all levels for both, and a reasonable amount of materials for the skills (maybe not the same for both, which would put an interesting twist in the market. ex: c2 has an easy access silver, where c1 has easy access iron, or any number of other possibilities)

Obviously this entire topic is far fetched, but I thought I'd throw a new idea out there :P

i like the idea but the pking part not so much...i think each side should just fight only each other in actual pk maps not anywere on the other sides land...the idea of having invasions and things of that sort do seem fun though...maybe if they made Irillion have the same amount of resources as Seridia it would work out,but thats the only way...