Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rebootedrock

Tanning and Skins

Is this Idea a good one?  

1. 1. Is this Idea a good one?

• Yes!
    • NO!
    • I dont need potions I am a 1337 m@s73r!!!

We can introduce tanning into the game as so:

1 fire essence + 3 rabbit skins = Rabbit Waterskin

2 fire essence + 4 deer skins=Deer Waterskin

3 fire essence + 5 fox skins = Fox Waterskin

4 fire essence + 6 boar skins= Boar waterskin

5 fire essence + 3 puma skins= Puma waterskin

6 fire essence + 4 bear skins= Bear waterskin

You can match the level so that they line up with gloves, this would make you either make gloves as now, or make these for less profit.. and if you do it right you can get some alchemy training in.This skill would be inc with manu.

And just to reitorate on a previous idea, we could have say any # of potions go into a type of waterskin. here is an example...

rabbit=1

deer=2

fox=3

boar=4

puma=5

bear=7

Say you have a fox waterskin, filled with body rests(its max capacity is 3)

now say you drink from it(click use). then you would have a (2) potions of bodyrest water skin. now to limit this even further you can say only hold about 4 bear skins, 5 puma, etc.

Now to prevent people from simply buying the bear skin and owning where ever they went to, we could make it so that the fur seller only sells furs and NOT skins. The animals would then be made to drop (X) number of skins per death, not exceeding the req amount for a waterskin in one drop. This would limit players to buying from other players, which would help our constantly moving economy.

Please Post your ideas and all things are up to debate. 8)

~reboot~

oops forgot about snakes...

the reason for the high lv skins is for the strong combat people to actually be able to make some money simply training combat at higher lvs. :D

Problem with this is that you're trying to get one useless item that as of yet has no certain purpose into 6 more Items that also still remain the same uncertain usablity.

I think an actually use for the regular Waterskin needs to implemented before the idea of multible forms of the same Item be brought up.

In other words, it's just better to stick with one Waterskin right now and just work on more Leather Application Ideas be implemented first. Then, we need an actually use for the Water Skin. Then we can get around to more Waterskins but personally, I doubt it's really necessary.

I dont think you read it well enoguh or i didnt explain it enough...

say the issue of stackable pots, entropy says he is against this, so this is an alt sugg, say manu:

3 body rest pots with a fox waterskin, the pots turn into vials and the waterskin becomes full(3uses)

this would allow players to carry much more potions with them and be raising a skill as well. you can change the EMU of the waterskin full to about 3 EMU so that people dont carry too much.(3 emu is fox, not bear and others) this would fix that problem.And I dont consider this really leather working as much as potion preparation.

Oh, In other words you just want to make additional versions to each Vial of potion but just make them out of animal skins instead and increase their weight, huh? Well, that's almost what it sounded like you said.

I understood you well enough but it still remains the same. It's still making diiferent versions of the waterskin whose only possible use is still in Question.

Actually, I said Leather working because that's what this whole general idea is and it has nothing to do with "potion preparation." What's the purpose of the Fire Essences? How does Bar'B'Queing your furs make a Waterskin? You make Waterskins with Animal Skins and Thread, not Furs and Essences. This is the reason it's closer to Leather Working, not Potion making.

My point is, why make so many different versions of the Waterskins when they aren't even sure about using the Waterskins for Holding Potions in the first place. Trust me, this point has been brought up before and in much more detail then this and has been rejected (Read the Topic on Leather Tanning).

Also, most of this types of Animal furs can't be made into Waterskins or various reasons. Plus, what is the purpose of having so many different waterskins? By your explaination, I see no value in working on (say a Fox) Waterskin when it will hold so few potions while the requirement to make such a skin would likely be high enough for a player not to bother with the cost. Now, something Larger like a Bearskin would obviously be worth it but it would likely be too high of a requirement for a Player to bother trying to make one when they will most likely just buy one off of another player while working on their Manu by making Gloves instead.

It's just too many Items that most will see very little play in the real game. Right now, the Regular Waterskin is just fine. Added to that the ability to manufacture Waterskins out of leather and it'll be your idea but simplified to be easily programable and doesn't take up more space in the game and doesn't require too much resourses for something that player's would put only one day towards.

I agree with kami. Players would simply buy them off higher people and not bother making them themselves.

Ontop of this, to use the items inside you would need to open an inventry inside an inventory and it takes too long to open your inv and use a pot as it is at times.