Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EaterOfSouls

Server issues?

I have been having trouble with game server for 2 days now, I will be online playing, then no reason gone. Other networks (ie webpages ect.) About 3 mins and it lets me come back... Anyone else?

Eater

Edited by EaTeRoFsOuLs

Yes I have had this too.

I don't know much about networking, but I don't know if it's the server itself, since if it was, everyone in EL would have this problem. Maybe it has something to do with one of those "traceroute" thingies.. erm, like there's some point in the network on the way to the server that is a problem.

I don't really know tho :P *shrugs*

Guest stalker1975

I have been having a problem staying connected also, for the last 2 days. It has to be a traceroute overseas because, when I get disconnected and try to go to the players online page it doesn't show up either.

Hopefully it's just a maintenace issue. Sometimes I can get back on with no problems other times it takes a long time.

Guest stalker1975

I am running 1.3.0 beta and having the problems............ running a trace route I am getting an error from

64.125.31.45 so-6-0-0.cr1.dca2.us.above.net then 64.125.23.10 pas9-1.mpr2.cdg2.fr.above.net........ so it seems like us.above.net is having major issues also getting some from 64.125.27.226 mpr1.lhr3.uk........... hope this helps some.........

It seems to me that our connection to overseas is lagging bad, alot of packet loss from above.net connection. AboveNet is a fiberoptics backbone system. Maybe they are having problems in one of their data centers?

Edited by stalker1975

I have been having some problems too, but come to think about it I have been running 1.3.1 beta too, hmmm I would go back to 1.3.0 Eater, I have an alt account on my comp that has 1.3.0 and its as fast as ever.

Knight

perhaps you might post up your isp's and see if theres any corollation between these incidences? I knwo theres currently work being undertaken by NTL to upgrade their network services that is causing disruptions to their custmoers. you folks might have similar problems with your ISP's and may all be using the same ones?

just a thought.

Yeah - interesting. As near as I can figure, it happens equally on all three clients that I have (1.3.0, the "fixed" 1.3.1 released by Entropy, and ttlanhil's 1.3.0 review client that was made to test a fix for a bug). It started happening a couple days ago now, near as I can figure.

I tried to see if this might be a regional issue - I'm in SW Ohio, and I know of someone else who has had the problem - I believe they are in the Pacific NW region of the USA? Posting type of service may also help - I'm using DSL.

Anything else I can provide to help, I will. BTW, before anyone suggests updating video drivers, already done that earlier, hoping it'd help. It didn't.

i have disconects quiet often at 1st i did all the maintinence stuff like reinstall game and reinstall modem i even formatted but it still happened, i dont know if its the same thing thats happening to you guys but i eventually discovered it only does it to me when the weather is bad like heavy cloud and especially thunder i can now forcast the weather with my discons lol, im with bt broadband i have friends with other isp's who dont get this problem so maybe its a bt thing too, so ask your selves are u haveing bad weather before u start uninstalling stuff ect

I have been tracing this issue. It seems to happen mostly to broadband and it is a server issue between us.above.net and the eternal server. I assume this is a usa area only issue since we would use the same traceroute to get to Paris.

Eater

I've been having this issue too, and posted on elsewhere. Learner says it's not a server issue, and I'm almost positive it's not my computer. I'm running 1.3.0, and have never had a problem with d/c until just recently. When the disconnection happens, the game first freezes up, yet messages I #gm and so on are still sent until the actual connection is lost, though I don't see them being sent.

edit: forgot to add, when the d/c happens, my connection to the web is still running fine, it's only the game connection that is lost.

Edited by Evalin