Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scyth

Invisibility vs. true sight

Ok, here is a comparision :P Lets see which one is more powerful in everyday use, and lets see if it can be tweaked ?

As we know, these two spells are each others opposite. True sight evens out invisibility. But, are they truly evened out ?

Lets see, when invisibility is typically used. Well, of course, if i am an ebul pker, and roaming every pk map to kill pvping persons. I drink the invisibility potion near a pk area, and go in if i can find someone pvping there. Then, i wait invisible until their health go down to red, and then attack, or, why not, i cast harm. I only cease being invisible when I attack in any way, so i have plenty of time to wait for the good opportunity. Pwnage.

Now, lets think we are pvping. For long time. How should we defend ourselves against being assaulted by sudden invisibility attack/harm ?

One option is, of course, that we constantly drink true sight potion, so we can always see if some invisible opponent is near to kill us. Yeah, sure. Aside from that this is some REAL expensive business, there is also the accidental a/d penalty effect. And really, would ANYONE constantly drink true sight to be always aware of the invisible treat ? I doubt so highly.

Conclusion = invisibility spell/potion pwns true sight SOOOOOOO much. I cant think of a real usage of the true sight potion, except in some battles in KF, when you know some foe will constantly goes invisible, and you wanna attack them. But, then you already know they are there..

My suggestion is: make the true sight incorporated in some items or perks. Like, make a true sight amulet. That would give you the true sight effect constantly... on the other hand, it would prevent you using some useful medallions while pvping, like moon or unicorn med, since you cant wear both in the same time. But something for something.

u can use true sight when ur enemy thinks hes smart to diss/invisible you

also alot of harvesters at hydro do that

have fun

have fun

Hydro harvesters use true sight ?? why ? Just to see if there are some invisible pkers around ? And then do what, wait until they go away ? How does that helps them in any way ?

With that effort, they could as well use invisible potion, and go thru invisible the pk areas...

have fun

Well that's what he's just telling, only on those moments you use truesight because you think the chance is high someone is actually invisible. But while you are training you can't use truesight whole the time.

I think he got a good point. Although a medaillon might be too easy, or it should be expensive (but then you don't use it in a pvp session I think).

i mean, harvesters diss/invis , cuz they just had long walk, and dont want to use a ring, so then use true sight..:P

and yeh, they could use true sight also for the 30sec they walk from fluffy cave to the other cave

Edited by scarr

i mean, harvesters diss/invis , cuz they just had long walk, and dont want to use a ring, so then use true sight..:P

Now yea, thats a use of the true sight potion, from the viewpoint of a pker again. But still, the pk areas between the mazes are too small, their better option is to just diss and walk thru the nearest cavern. I dont know, i pked there only once (accidentally, I was looking for the hydro and i saw 3 persons there, I attacked all 3, the first 2 dissed and reached the next cave, and the 3rd dissed but instead of entering the cave he walked away, so I attacked him again and he couldnt do anything since he had cooldown on diss).

Still, I think the invisibility potion gives too much advantage against pvpers as it is now. There should be a way the pvpers should defend themselves, especially with the new harm spell whichs effect depends on the casters magic level.

also way for the harvester, to see if invisible ppl there o.o so they dont have to waste a expensive invis pot ;p

also way for the harvester, to see if invisible ppl there o.o so they dont have to waste a expensive invis pot ;p

So s/he uses an expensive true sight pot instead? :huh:

Edited by Lorck

they r cheaper last time i checked, or did the price changed along with the npc place

I would just suggest have the true sight pots last longer, like 10-30 mins per pot. That solve's all problems apart from it means less true sight pots are sold and used, which isn't a problem as the true sight pots are worth so much. The only thing is that fluffys drop all the new pots meaning fighters can get the pots without having to buy them, but thats a different matter

The only thing is that fluffys drop all the new pots meaning fighters can get the pots without having to buy them

I killed lots of fluffs, never got true sigh potion...

EDIT: LoL Toomass, kedan said that fluffy dropped all pots, ok?

Edited by Lorck

The only thing is that fluffys drop all the new pots meaning fighters can get the pots without having to buy them

I killed lots of fluffs, never got true sigh potion...

Because only mountain chim drops true sight pots :)