Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
elkio

Taverns & Inns

As we all know, whenever we walk into a tavern to get whatever it is we need we expect it to be empty, as it always is. I think that this is a point in the game that only the players can help solve. I feel that there should be some more role-playing involved in this game because some of us enjoy that essence in games. After all this is a role-playing game. I feel that people should go into taverns to tell stories and drink some ale. If you don't enjoy telling stories you could even just go into taverns to manufacture to get the feeling of company for others. Anyone have any comments on this?

The drinkable idea has been suggested before, and people do roleplay. Besides, why do we need to drink.

";drinks ale" is good enough for me.

I'm sure he didn't literally mean "use an ale" when he said that. =]

And yes, more people should just have a sit in taverns instead of some other place. They can help out on Channel 1 or 2, or just chill out on guild chat while they're in the tavern :)

Next time I'm home from a party, count on me staggering on over to the nearest tavern. You can get all kinds of roleplaying out of me then :rolleyes:

edit: maybe this should be in general chat?

Edited by Evalin

Matbe you need to give ppl a reason to go in Taverns minor things, like 3% more exp in what ever you will be doing in the tavern, or like faster regeneration instead of 1 hp and 1 ep you get 2 hp and 2ep etc

Zoki, your idea would just bring in a crowd of players that just sit there and regenerate instead of actually roleplaying. I think it would be good if people would talk out loud instead of PM's in the taverns so random people that hear the conversation can join in if they want to.

If you had stumbled into the PV tavern the other night after Kylara and Atahn's wedding ceremony you would have found exactly the kind of silly party you described... and like all the best things in life it wasn't planned, scripted or orginised...it just happened.

In EL at the moment, storage ares take the place of rl pubs and taverns as places where people meet and chat. Maybe moving the storage chars into the taverns would move the people there too.

Maybe the drink should be 'usable' with the equvalent modification to stats... +100 Courage, -20 Reasoning, -10 co ordination :P

People also love chatting in mines and at flower spots. Those chats are a lot of fun. Maybe talking out loud in taverns would be better than PMing.

How about one or two more things to do in taverns? That would attract more visitors. How about moving Tinkerbelle into one?

Lu

Maybe the drink should be 'usable' with the equvalent modification to stats... +100 Courage, -20 Reasoning, -10 co ordination :hehe:

You forget the overestimating the physique of potential mates by 10, and underestimating the physique of potential opponents by 20 :P

hehe, you should have been at the VOTD tavern the other night, i anounced on chnl4 that i was there and asked if anyone would like to join me, got a few ppl, chaoticsmurf and fabi were the most into it, fabi made me mix him a drink so it did, *evil grin* if only he had known what was in it. shortly after he drank it, which was after stating that it smelled funny :/, "fabi was "sleeping in the Light"". he died, he he, and he thinks it was an accident lol.

taverns r fun, we should have more RPing in them.

EDIT: P.S. hope the rat poison tasted good :huh:

Edited by Happy_G

I agree with this idea, MMORPG games are supposed to be full of stories, quests, and just having fun...Taverns tend to just bring the life out of people... and i agree that having some buddies in some taverns, talking and having fun would be a great time.

Cmon now folks, pull up a chair why don't ya? :)

hehe, you should have been at the VOTD tavern the other night, i anounced on chnl4 that i was there and asked if anyone would like to join me, got a few ppl, chaoticsmurf and fabi were the most into it, fabi made me mix him a drink so it did, *evil grin* if only he had known what was in it. shortly after he drank it, which was after stating that it smelled funny :/, "fabi was "sleeping in the Light"". he died, he he, and he thinks it was an accident lol.

EDIT: P.S. hope the rat poison tasted good :(

Poor Fabz! ;)

EDIT: P.S. hope the rat poison tasted good :P

The Crown Prince recovered very good from this ebul attack. ;):(

I hope you enjoyed my drink i gave you after.. you may not feel the change now.. but..

MUHAHAHAHA you will see soon :):devlish:

P.s.: I hope you will enjoy the lil bit of time that you have left :mace:

I agree with this idea, MMORPG games are supposed to be full of stories, quests, and just having fun...Taverns tend to just bring the life out of people... and i agree that having some buddies in some taverns, talking and having fun would be a great time.

Cmon now folks, pull up a chair why don't ya? ;)

Actually I think you might be onto something here. Let's get some entertainment in the taverns. Storytellers, games (Does anybody remember "Let's Make a Deal"? Now THAT was audience participation!), things like that.

It'd be a nice break from the level grind.

Dave

The Crown Prince recovered very good from this ebul attack. :brooding::brooding:

I hope you enjoyed my drink i gave you after.. you may not feel the change now.. but..

MUHAHAHAHA you will see soon :evilgrin::devlish:

P.s.: I hope you will enjoy the lil bit of time that you have left :mace:

uh oh. i thought it tasted funny, and my stomach did gurgle a bit, i need an antidote pot quick, hope that will save me.......#sto antidote...........NONE............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

How about a fast heal areas in taverns. That would bring people into them.

that would just bring alot of ppl into the tavern to sit and heal and most wouldnt participate in RPing. besides, that would put way to many FR spots into the game

How about a fast heal areas in taverns. That would bring people into them.

that would just bring alot of ppl into the tavern to sit and heal and most wouldnt participate in RPing. besides, that would put way to many FR spots into the game

agreed. maybe the FR spots are not a bad idea. but ppl who would come into these taverns would prolly just sit down and go afk :blush:

I like the idea with the mini games. :omg: Maybe some kind of multi player minigame (like cards or something). I dont know how difficult it would be to implement such things. (i dont even know if players would use these mini games)

At least it all depends on the players, who go into tavern, if they wanna roleplaying or not. And we sadly cant program Human Minds :P

Greetings

Fabi

i would play card games, like spades thats a fun one, id be in the taverns playing every once in a while, and if we could bet GC that would be awsome.

mabey even poker table in the tavern too, but i like spades more

This is the event forum and not the suggestion forum. With that in mind, the event team will make more events involve some taverns as a gathering place to do role play. However, if you want these taverns used with minigames, please take this thread to suggestions so it is seen by those that can possibly act upon those suggestions.

Good day.

You should have been in the votd tavern yesterday. Me (Andrej_1 ingame) Morphisor and Elkio gathered in the tavern, Elkio told us a story and I bought drinks to everybody. It was fun while it lasted.

i would play card games, like spades thats a fun one, id be in the taverns playing every once in a while, and if we could bet GC that would be awsome.

mabey even poker table in the tavern too, but i like spades more

I like the poker Idea. I'm sure someone could program a texas holdem bot to play, or, if not, I could always sit in the tavern and be the dealer :)

This is the event forum and not the suggestion forum. With that in mind, the event team will make more events involve some taverns as a gathering place to do role play. However, if you want these taverns used with minigames, please take this thread to suggestions so it is seen by those that can possibly act upon those suggestions.

Good day.

Maybe someone could move this to the suggestions section? Seems that's the path it's taken.

Guest Red_Rackham

Yarr! Maybe the taverns could be providin' some drinkable grog or rum for us parched sea dogs. It might be havin' some mild healin' or thinkin' powers. Some fine servin' wenches'd keep my sea legs on land more steady as well! :P