Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

branch of distruction

pointless weapon. noone uses it, please change the effect of it to make pk more fun

please change it

my idea is that it dont destroy items, but just bypass someones armor at a xx%

give it some acuration and 20-30 damage

changing this will save lives ;*)

radu, please consider to change it ;(

what do you guys think ?

EDIT: lol some1 change topic name to branch of destruction please, always get confused by newb weapons

EDIT: thread name changed per request by Ghrae

Edited by Ghrae

i think it's a good idea, currently there is no strategy against branch of destruction..except for changing to cheap newb gear and fight then ;/

so changing it to something that adds more strategy instead of just breaking items would be cool.

maybe make it so that it has a % chance to decrease the dmg someone does on the one with the branch?

or maybe make it stun people for 5 seconds.

i think this idea is cool cuz it's more strategic then to just go in a pk map make everyone run withing 2 seconds and maybe breaking some items.

i think it's a good idea, currently there is no strategy against branch of destruction..except for changing to cheap newb gear and fight then ;/

Nice contradiction you tell here :P What do you think the effect of this weapon is supposed to be? :icon13:

Branch of Destruction...

if is destruction not to make stun, is to destroy, is what i think...

And yes make change to cheaper armor is strategy too , peoples use BP cloack because your effect against armor.

About stun , is just to make a new weapon whit this effect, can be a mace or

hammer by example.

About change a/d and acuracy from branch is one thing but a branch of destruction "not destructive" make no sense.

yep. noone uses it, and u all know deep in ur hearth its not a cool weapon :pirate:

About stun , is just to make a new weapon whit this effect, can be a mace or

hammer by example.

It already exists and is called Axe of Freezing :P

What about calling it Bone of Mana Destruction and give it chance to drain whole enemy's mana in one hit?

Better for me. I remember fighting with The_Antiroot, he rarely hitted me with his mana drain stuff but when hitted was a pain. I almost lost once, i was fighting him barehanded and him with staff, i got drained all my mana and had cooldown on srs... i was about to dis when i saw his death message. :huh:

What about calling it Bone of Mana Destruction and give it chance to drain whole enemy's mana in one hit?

And then people can't win anymore and they come bitch again, we can't win, there are no strategies, plx remove it plx plx :huh:

And then people can't win anymore and they come bitch again, we can't win, there are no strategies, plx remove it plx plx :huh:

Dude, Mana and Armors are 2 totally different things. HE/SR are much easier to replace than Iron/Steel/Tit Armors. :P

Sure people might moan, but, much cheaper in the long-term.

Anyway, havent seen a Branch in PK for ages.

Anyway, havent seen a Branch in PK for ages.

True, not a lot of people can afford one, and since it breakes fast it isn't used a lot... i don't see why people keep bitching about it :huh:

i think giving it double power of a bp cape instead of breaking items is pretty good,+ some acuration

no1 use the brance, so why not change it

and dont say to change armors quik if some1 uses branche or switch to cutlass, cuz theres no time to do it, w/o empty slots in ur inv

Edited by scarr

PK is a part of EL, let it live, dont let it die.

Well that's true, but I'm quite sure there is a place for bods... They aren't used a lot lately!

I think there are other ways to let the pk part revive instead of removing bods :devlish:

Well that's true, but I'm quite sure there is a place for bods... They aren't used a lot lately!

I think there are other ways to let the pk part revive instead of removing bods :devlish:

And there are trully a need for bod?

Pk needs to get new life, today i searched almost all pk maps in seridia in a search of someone to fight and i saw only 2 friendly trainees on the fluffies on tahjari.

My guess is that pk is almost dead because it is too expensive and you very rarely get a reward. The branch only adds for the "expensive part" and have little or no reason to be on the game.

Was there trully a need for new armors and weapons? :icon13: The game was also working without them

My guess is that pk is almost dead because it is too expensive and you very rarely get a reward. The branch only adds for the "expensive part" and have little or no reason to be on the game.

Well people make it expensive when buying tons of rostogol stones. And because people always use a rosto you never get a reward, so 1 thing: Remove the rostos or change their usage.

Pk isn't dead because of bods :huh:

Edited by Cycloonx

Was there trully a need for new armors and weapons? :) The game was also working without them

Well people make it expensive when buying tons of rostogol stones. And because people always use a rosto you never get a reward, so 1 thing: Remove the rostos or change their usage.

Pk isn't dead because of bods :huh:

Yes i agree , with tons of rosto in game there is no drop to pkers anyway...

Changing the rostogol stones to only work outside from pk maps, pk maps will have bags again...

Or of course remove the stones...

Was there trully a need for new armors and weapons? confused.gif The game was also working without them

New weapons and armors dont normally destroy other stuff. They were not designed to do that.

There are some kind of games, like poker, which is sum 0. It means, to one side wins, others need to lose, and both sides are rewarded accordingly. The winning side get stuff and the losing side lose stuff, but the overall sum of the stuff gained and lost is 0..

Pking in EL, is sum negative, because one side lose stuff (either rostogols, or armor/weapons destructed) and the winning side gains... uhh, nothing.

There are other kinds of games of positive sum, like a normal rpg, where every member of the party can 'win' togheter.

Rostogols is a part of the problem, true. But there are other stuff included (like the high break rate for pk gear, read toomass' thread on general chat forum, and yes the branch).

Pk isn't dead because of bods

Its one factor who contributed to it, read above. And since its only bring stuff bad to the game, why to keep it?

EDIT: More details about zero sum games and non-zero sun games can be found in the wikipedia article about game theory. Interesting read if you never heard about it.

Edited by Lorck

Ok, so we complain that BOD is too powerful.

And we also complain that no one uses it.

Correct?

I complain that Branch of destruction is too powerful. The fact of it being rarely used dont change the fact. Some people maybe use it if its disposable for use and make the negative sum game of pking in EL even more negative.

Remember that the best way to win a negative sum game is not playing it (since you have only to lose) and as result pk maps are almost always empty.