Eternal Lands Official Forums
MoonShadow

Use-click Equipment

Hullo (Kio), :)

don't know if this has been suggested before, but I found nothing about it with the search function. :P

So here comes my first suggestion:

When clicking a Weapon/Armor/wearable equipment with the "pointy-finger"-use-symbol (you know what I mean) then you wear it. It would just be a second way to equip stuff, together with the possibility to drag and drop it into one of the 8 boxes like it is now.

You may ask why? It works fine how it is?

Yes it works fine. But the new option makes the inventory more comfortable and you could equip everything faster.

Another advantage is that you could put a sword into one of the 6 quick-slots while training, and if you notice that a monster is about to pwn you, then you could use a sword really quick. :icon13:

Second suggestion:

What about a button in the options, which changes the current mode of equipping items to a new one, which automatically unequips stuff when you equip an item of the same type.

Example: current: You wear a leather armor and want to wear a steel armor. Unequip leather armor (or getting an error message if stuff is not unequipped). Equip steel armor.

new: You still wear that cheesy leather armor :omg: and want to wear a steel armor. Equip steel armor. (Leather armor gets unequipped automatically)

But this should be optional, since I think some people would like to have it the current way.

What do you think about it? :icon13: or :icon4: ?

See you around

~Moon

it's a wonderfull idea but double clicking the armour to wear it would be more handy :P

Hum yeah, also thought about that, but how do you double click when things are in the quickbar. Pressing ctrl+[number] 2 times?

... which automatically unequips stuff when you equip an item of the same type.

This one has been suggested before and I really like it. It would be a nice UI improvement to simply drag the new item over and have the old one removed automatically. This would also work with any sort of double-click or alt-click to equip.

yes i would like this much, i hate how i have to put my fr off/on or serp off/on evry time while training..the icon keeps changing,

also i think it need to be changed, that if u use anything in the inv with pointy finger, the cursor in the ''playground'' shouldnt be changed

Example: i chase some1 with sword icon, then drink a sr, and try to click the player, the pointy finger is stil in the screen

Edited by scarr

The two ways are good, double click and shortcuts.

No one "use" a armor or weapon so double click to equip or unequip is very handy :)

I agree with both suggestions.

First suggestion:

Much more comfortable, yes. And I also think the new comers have a hard time equipping items. The "click item + drag to boxes (that's the hard part) + click again" isn't really user-friendly. People trying to use them and finding out that the item was equipped would be much easier. Or even double clicking would be good.

Second suggestion:

If you've played Diablo 2, it's exactly the same there. You'd equip a sword or armour, and if you already had one equipped it would automatically replace it and send it to your inventory. Pretty good if you ask me. Most games have this.

Firstly: HIIIIIII! If you don't say hi to me in-game, I'll kill you :rolleyes:

Secondly: Those are great suggestions, IMO. The current system is a tad clunky (no offense!), and your proposed changes would improve the combat system, and decrease general frustration among players.

Thirdly: HI!!

also i think it need to be changed, that if u use anything in the inv with pointy finger, the cursor in the ''playground'' shouldnt be changed

Example: i chase some1 with sword icon, then drink a sr, and try to click the player, the pointy finger is stil in the screen

Ever thought to attack with alt+click? ;)

LOL!

Good suggestions, Moon :evilgrin:

Ever thought to attack with alt+click? :evilgrin:

Alt only works if u have the eye icon in ur screen, not the pointy finger

i like the suggestions, love to see them ingame soon :D

Firstly: HIIIIIII! If you don't say hi to me in-game, I'll kill you :)

:evilgrin: i thought us gnomes were freindly lol :) just do i dont get on your bad side... Hi! :)

Edited by peeper :)

Its past midnight, and ive been driving on backroads all day, so my brain may be stuck in reverse and this may be totally inaccurate, or at least highly apocal, but anyway I think when this was suggested before the 2 main probs were.

a)doubleclick is not really supported in the client

b)when your wearing an itel like that (ie to swap out one cloak for another) the setver says you have a similar item equiped already, but not what the item is, ie, what item the client would need to swap out.

Yes the client doesnt support it, however, perhaps redesigning the client to make it available would be a great idea. I know its not easy and its very time consuming, but if your looking to expand your horizons seems to me like a remodel of the client is in order. It was done before when the idea of the quickbar was decided upon. And the border didnt always use to be there, and the compass wasnt there, all of these were added later into the client, now they arent as difficult as say a double click feature, but perhaps the design once again needs to be tweaked.

double-click isn't that hard to do, but problem 2 is more complicated. that requires server-side work. mind you, it's the same work that's needed for the future plans of rag-doll equip model (each equip slot is a certain part, they're not mix'n'match... probably even be more efficient since the server only needs to check 1-2 slots to see if they're in use, rather than checking the item type in all 8. not enough to be noticable, but not worse either)